R.I.P Michael Landsberry - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > R.I.P Michael Landsberry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2013, 01:55 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 83 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Semper Fi....a truly brave and honorable man.

For all we have, thank a vet.

"Training errors are recorded on paper. Tactical errors are etched in stone."
- Erwin Rommel

Old 10-23-2013, 02:46 AM   #12

Liked 282 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

It was one of his own students, a troubled and bullied 12 year old kid who pulled his dad's Ruger 9mm out in the school yard on the way into school.

He shot a kid in the abdomen (victim is stable now) then the brave teacher mr. Landsbury ran up to him arms up....blocking other students out of range as they fled. The kid snapped and yelled and shot him fatally in the chest, spun around and shot one more kid in the arm before turning the pistol on himself

I'm sick to my stomach over this. Landsbury was a decorated marine who survived a tour in Afghanistan only to take up a lowly teaching job and got gunned down by a bullying victim. The story is f-----ed on so many levels.

The parents of the shooter are gutted I'm sure, but they need to be held accountable as well for allowing yet another mentally unstable lunatic to swipe the dads pistol. Damn shame

Old 10-23-2013, 02:57 AM   #13

Liked 378 Times on 251 Posts
Likes Given: 59

12. Years. Old. Let that sink in guys. Something is really really wrong here. (Beyond the obvious)

"You know what happens to men who go looking for blood? They find it." - Kind Old Man

Old 10-23-2013, 03:05 AM   #14
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSadPanda View Post
12. Years. Old. Let that sink in guys. Something is really really wrong here. (Beyond the obvious)
Yeah it's the Fu#&ing parents in this country. There was a video I saw toay where this little girl had been throwing a fit for over an hour and the mother was recording the father standing infront of the older siblings taunting the child by copying her screams and making faces.
90% of the parents that commented thought it was funny and good parenting.
About 8% said a spanking was in order and the other 2% just wanted to comment that the father's actions were better than a spanking.
Absolutely pathetic.
Between the parenting (includes firearm storage) and the wussification we're all screwed.
The only thing I can really see as an answer since the parenting and pussifying isn't going to change, is to get rid of gun free zones.
Then maybe just the shooter would be dead and the poor parenting results would fall mainly on the shooters parents shoulders. I say mainly only because it would likely still have ruined that soldiers life.

I don't need No stinking signature.

People Like This 
Old 10-23-2013, 03:17 AM   #15

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

It saddens me that this family has to live without this man. Kids lost a teacher. My prayers are with all the affected.
It will anger me later that this will become political fodder in time.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

shadecorp Likes This 
Old 10-23-2013, 04:52 AM   #16

Liked 282 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
It saddens me that this family has to live without this man. Kids lost a teacher. My prayers are with all the affected.
It will anger me later that this will become political fodder in time.
It has already started again....and we all know the drivers in the anti gun agenda. Lets just hope the usual suspects on both sides of the aisle haven't lost their 2A integrity between the last media blitz and this tragedy.

That being said, the gross negligence of the parents sickens me. This boy had no reason to be anywhere near a loaded pistol. Lets not kid ourselves....they must be accountable for their actions

Old 10-23-2013, 01:21 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1142 Times on 744 Posts
Likes Given: 676

i cant help but think.. why are we blaming the parents? possible charges?. sure i understand they should have taught the boy better. they probly should have given him more attention and caring and understanding. but to state its the parents fault? the parents didnt steal the pistol. the parents didnt take it to school and shoot people.. and the gun sure as hell didnt walk itself there... full blame in my opinion is placed squarely on the kid shooter. sure the parents could of done a better job but they do not deserve charges. im sure they are sad about losing there son and the damage he caused.

when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 10-23-2013, 01:32 PM   #18
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfuller1 View Post

Some punk kid that already shot himself. Find a way to redirect your emotion :/
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfuller1 View Post
i cant help but think.. why are we blaming the parents? possible charges?. sure i understand they should have taught the boy better. they probly should have given him more attention and caring and understanding. but to state its the parents fault? the parents didnt steal the pistol. the parents didnt take it to school and shoot people.. and the gun sure as hell didnt walk itself there... full blame in my opinion is placed squarely on the kid shooter. sure the parents could of done a better job but they do not deserve charges. im sure they are sad about losing there son and the damage he caused.
Kinda standing on both sides of the fence here buddy.
I think the parents should be held just as much at fault as the child. I have no sympathy for them of the shooter. How many times does this have to happen before people learn to secure their Fu$*ing guns?
And I don't wanna hear the "it's just a kid" sh!t anymore. At 12 years old he knew damn well what he was doing.
It is premeditated murder. Period.
He knew nobody else would have a gun.

Old 10-23-2013, 03:33 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1142 Times on 744 Posts
Likes Given: 676

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
Kinda standing on both sides of the fence here buddy.
I think the parents should be held just as much at fault as the child. I have no sympathy for them of the shooter. How many times does this have to happen before people learn to secure their Fu$*ing guns?
And I don't wanna hear the "it's just a kid" sh!t anymore. At 12 years old he knew damn well what he was doing.
It is premeditated murder. Period.
He knew nobody else would have a gun.
what fence am i riding?

i blame the kid. he was the shooter.

sure the parents messed up but. if your kid fails a test is it his teachers fault for not teaching him or his for not studying? blame should be on the person who actually committed the crime.

yes the kid knew what he was doing.
yes GFZs get people killed.

i was just stating i don't think the parents should face charges.
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 10-23-2013, 04:03 PM   #20
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I said I wanted the shooters name yesterday and you said to redirect my emotions.
Perhaps I misunderstood your meaning.