Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > quite a surprise...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2011, 09:08 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default quite a surprise...

Camden, Nj is well known for its violence. This is a surprising turnout for them.
'Goods for Guns' makes history in Camden http://lsnlw.com/t/3670156310/

Si vis pacem, Para Bellum.
"If you want peace, Prepare for war"

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-28-2011, 09:14 PM   #2

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

From Article "I'm not a real gun person. I had them and I want to get rid of them, before somebody might break into the house, take them and use them for the wrong purpose," Pollock said."

To each his own, that's why gun ownership should be a choice, pro or anti.

From article "At the end of the day, 57 firearms were turned in; there were 35 handguns and 22 rifles and shotguns.
Unfortunately, none of the assault type weapons often used in the carnage on the streets found their way into the pile."

I bet they'd be surprised.

Old 12-28-2011, 09:24 PM   #3
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 698 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 729

What a crock. Assault weapons used on the streets?

"Good teenagers" who can't handle the presence of their father's shotgun?

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 12-28-2011, 09:42 PM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Granted that most of the firearms turned in were from law abiding citizens, that is still a good amount of weapons removed from one of the most horrific cities in the U.S. its just a shame that those turning them in, do not realize how much safer they'd be to have them in Camden.

Si vis pacem, Para Bellum.
"If you want peace, Prepare for war"

Old 12-28-2011, 10:03 PM   #5
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1810 Times on 984 Posts
Likes Given: 557

I would guess that any stolen weapons will not be returned to their rightful owners. It would be interesting if someone that had a gun stolen and attended the turn in to watch for it. The city officials could then be charged with receiving a stolen firearm.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 12-28-2011, 10:05 PM   #6

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ
I would guess that any stolen weapons will not be returned to their rightful owners. It would be interesting if someone that had a gun stolen and attended the turn in to watch for it. The city officials could then be charged with receiving a stolen firearm.
Yes, they were essentially buying them. But we all know the law only applies to us serfs.

Old 12-28-2011, 10:11 PM   #7
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2342 Times on 1169 Posts
Likes Given: 1189

If you look at the article it does not take a genius to know this is basically an anti-gun stance motivated program and an around the corner attack on our Second Amendment Rights. And those who want to cater to the sound of the liberal anti-gun crowd using the Term "Assault Rifle" when they are speaking of an AR Rifle which little or will ever be used to assault anyone! I speak of them as an AR or now that they are getting real popular as a hunting rifle also, could we not refer to them as an AR Sporting Rifle! Every time Assault Rifle is used in my opinion, it is just reinforcing the ant-gun lobbies agenda and pound another nail in to our pro gun cause. Even if you personally think that is what the are why say that term and contribute to the enemies of our Second Amendment. If you think back regarding us sportsmen you hardly never heard of the word until Brady! Then that was the term they coined and plastered all over the papers and the news in an attempt to make people thing they were just a terrible weapon and like the AR-15s on the street were autos just like the military had.
The second issue I have. Do they really think the criminals and gang bangers are going to walk in and give up their prized 9mm Semi Auto for a can of Tuna or a pack of hot dogs or a little cash? "NOT" Are not these cities and government entities possibly violating State and Federal Law when they allow the transfer of a weapon to a governmental unit without any accountability or check on who brought it in? Quote "No Questions Asked" Are any of the weapons stolen? And if so they are letting a criminal get by with a possible crime of burglary, theft or even murder. What a better way to get shed of a hot piece! Think about it! And Hopefully they are getting IDs which I doubt. I think if they are going to continue with these programs, they should be require while the person is present who brought the firearm is at a table. Have Law Enforcement run the serial number of each weapon through NCIC. Then give them their Tuna, money or whatever! What they are doing is just criminal in my book. "NO Questions Asked" Could have been yours or one of my weapons that could have been stolen?
What is your take on these programs?

Old 12-29-2011, 01:29 AM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8611 Times on 3732 Posts
Likes Given: 1323

They have wanted to run some of those programs here in VA. The VA State Police advised the groups if they did, there would be a representative of the VSP there, and the serial numbers of any guns turned over to them would be run thru NCIC. Any guns listed as stolen would be taken into custody, and returned to the lawful owners.

The silence was deafening. (Of their reply, that is)

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Old 12-29-2011, 02:38 AM   #9

Liked 703 Times on 432 Posts
Likes Given: 1693

Good for the VSP!
As for New Jersey, I wish the whole frickin' state would just fall into the Atlantic, so I wouldn't have to deal with them anymore. (corporate taxes is my beef)

Old 12-29-2011, 03:37 AM   #10

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Assault Rifle
You should get used to it, it's not going anywhere as it's been called an assault rife since the 60's (civilian version). A liberal anti-anti-gun hate speech every time it's mentioned won't change the nickname or reputation these guns carry. The simple fact they're a watered down, civilian version of the military assault rifle isn't helping either. And let's not forget the a**hats who buy them just so they can say "I own an assault rifle." They just keep fueling the flames. Doesn't matter if it's ever used to assault some one or not, a chainsaw is still a chainsaw even if it sits in a garage and is never used.

The Goods for Guns people know the chances of a criminal actually turning his murder weapon over is slim to none. My guess would be they're hoping a friend or relative will swipe it and turn it in. Of course that just forces said criminal to procure another one after he beats his wife, girlfriend, "partner", room mate etc. And instead of reducing the crime rate it actually increases it with another illegally obtained gun and some domestic violence.