Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Quite an experience. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/quite-experience-4583/)

Ruger Redhawk 05-23-2008 03:07 PM

Quite an experience.

Last night I had to pick the wife up from the Memphis airport coming home from company business.I pick her up and tell her we need to get to a station asap. I pull in the first station I could find and start filing it up.I notice these three shady looking black characters hanging around.I kept a close watch on them. They looked like they were up to no good.In that area there's allot of crime,in fact all of Memphis is crime ridden.I had my G-30 on.I finished pumping gas, I was going to go in and get a couple TN Lotto tickets.I start walking towards the store when I hear a loud pop. I thought it was a firecracker at first.One of these morons pulled a semi auto out, pointed it I assume at the billboard across the road and fires a shot.Naturally it caught me by surprise, I turn and look he has the gun in his hand. These guys were gone before you could blink your eyes.They must be use to scattering like roaches.Allot of good my Glock would have been if he had it pointed at us.I started to reach for my Glock when I saw it was still pointed across the road and not at anybody.Right behind this billboard is the Airport entrance and the air filed.No telling where that bullet went.

ScottG 05-23-2008 06:51 PM

Lucky for you that you weren't the target. I think I would have skipped lotto tickets. At least you already won the staying alive and out of trouble in a bad part of town lotto....

h&k bigdaddydieseldan 05-23-2008 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottG (Post 25135)
Lucky for you that you weren't the target. I think I would have skipped lotto tickets. At least you already won the staying alive and out of trouble in a bad part of town lotto....

I agree with you Scott and thank god they weren't shooting at you ruger redhawk :D :p :cool:

Ruger Redhawk 05-23-2008 07:13 PM

Thanks guys.Yeah I skipped the lotto tickets. Things happen so fast.It would have given me great pleasure to put one between his eyes. But the place and timing wasn't right LOL.I can assure you if he'd started turning towards us all Hell would have broke loose.I'm sure this wasn't their first time and probably not the last.One day the timing will be right and someone will oblige him.If it's me or someone else sooner or later his day will come.

RL357Mag 05-24-2008 07:21 PM

That's a scary story - it's a good thing they weren't in a hold-up mood! It makes you think about the possibility of being killed even with a CCW permit. I haven't been carrying since I moved to upstate farm country - maybe I'll rethink that logic!

Chance_P 05-25-2008 07:34 AM

happy to hear you are alright. hopefully the next time they pull something like this the people around will have half the mind to be carrying concealed.

Ruger Redhawk 05-27-2008 04:10 PM

Thanks Chance P,Like I said I had my G-30 on. It really wouldn't done me much good if he had this pointed at me.Believe me you can't be to careful,when you least expect it.

gorknoids 05-31-2008 12:14 AM

If the idiot's entire practice history consists of missing a billboard, you never know. After he pops off 4 warning shots in your general direction, you could show him what training gets a guy.

Ruger Redhawk 05-31-2008 02:40 AM

It would have given me great pleasure popping a couple rounds at him.It just wasn't the right time or place.To many witnesses.He keeps that crap up sooner or later he will meet his maker.