Quit smoking? - Page 7
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Quit smoking?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 10:46 PM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 286 Times on 206 Posts
Likes Given: 2

The one me and my wife got are the vaporizers and it basicly looks like a pen. I just started using it yesterday but I can honestly say that yesterday was the first day at work without a cigarette. I will gradually work my way down to no nicotine but for now this will do.

Old 02-27-2013, 01:27 AM   #62
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1446 Times on 857 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
This is just my opinion but.......my brother in law quit smoking for quite some time and then thought he could just smoke cigars once in a while with the cousins. The cigars pushed him right back to cigarettes. I'd be careful. When I quite six years ago I tried to break old routines that would remind me of smoking.
How long had he quit for? I did the same thing but it was probably 10-12 years between the cigarettes and cigars and I did not have that problem. I usually smoke a cigar or two on the weekends in the summer. I was about half drunk at a party 3-4 years ago and bummed a cigarette of a guy that was smoking there. Darn thing made me about half sick. They are so expensive now that I did not want to seem to waste it but the ashtray smoked most of it.

The best thing I did when I quit was purely by accident, I bought a new to me truck that had not been smoked in and didn't smell like an ashtray. My old habit was to hit the key then hit the cigarette lighter almost in the same motion. Newer truck no smoke smell and a determination to keep it that way. I also spent a lot less time in bars which helped a lot.

Old 02-27-2013, 01:36 AM   #63

Liked 2179 Times on 1195 Posts
Likes Given: 1402

I quit in September of 1995. I was up over 2 packs a day. I just put them down and never picked them back up again. I had just dedicated my life to the Lord, and the woman of my dreams is a non smoker. God made it easy for me. I had tried many times before that. Failed every time until I asked God for help. That is what did it for me.
Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 02-27-2013, 01:50 AM   #64

Liked 32 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I want to know what you all think about have 1 or 2 cigs a day. I have been doing this for a while and am always told to just quit but man I love having one after lunch and dinner.

Old 02-27-2013, 02:23 AM   #65
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1446 Times on 857 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by getem2011 View Post
I want to know what you all think about have 1 or 2 cigs a day. I have been doing this for a while and am always told to just quit but man I love having one after lunch and dinner.
If you can do that and not smoke more, one or two a day probably won't kill you anytime soon. My little brother the doctor would probably disagree, but I helped teach him to read so how smart can he be?? (just kidding) I wish I could do things in moderation like that.