Quit smoking? - Page 6
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Quit smoking?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 05:37 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 781 Times on 452 Posts
Likes Given: 499

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnJack
My best efforts quiting have been with E-Cigs. It worked for me from day one. I did all the research on them well before tryin one. It wasnt a gas station special either,it was a good quality unit with batts that i would only hav to charge once a week.

The hardest part about puffin on the vapor stick was choosin a flavor you would like, and could be your everyday "vape". Some of the flavors are delicous,and you can vape them inside being only water vapor.
All the vendors are small and basically run outta peoples houses so the CS is beyond great. The missus smokes so ive been back n forth, smokin butts on the weekend and vapin at work.

This has been the only thing iv tried that worked for me instantly. Believe me blowing out thick clouds of smooth caramel or cotton candy tatses and smells a wee bit better lol.

( before you bust on those flavors, they have a flavor for everybody. Some of the straight up tobacco flavors are awesum.)
+1. Been vaping since November. Haven't touched an analog since. E cigs deliver the non cancer causing nicotine without the 4000 other toxins, tars and you don't smell like an ashtray. Now my after dinner "smoke" is also dessert.
"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 02-26-2013, 05:38 PM   #52

Liked 282 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Interesting....so those e-thingies work?

Old 02-26-2013, 05:42 PM   #53

Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post

+1. Been vaping since November. Haven't touched an analog since. E cigs deliver the non cancer causing nicotine without the 4000 other toxins, tars and you don't smell like an ashtray. Now my after dinner "smoke" is also dessert.
Non cancer causing nicotine...
Still causes heart disease. Nicotine was a major ingredient in pesticides in days past and has been used to kill rats. It is a poison. And there is no justification for using it other than "I want to".

Old 02-26-2013, 05:44 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteel215
Interesting....so those e-thingies work?
If you get the right type. The self contained ones you get at the quickie mart aren't the best but the modular system like e-go work best. As stated there are 1,000s of flavors to choose from. A basic starter kit runs about $50. PM me if you want some links to info and sources

From a pure money perspective your vaping saves you about 75% over regular cigs
"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 02-26-2013, 05:54 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

Non cancer causing nicotine...
Still causes heart disease. Nicotine was a major ingredient in pesticides in days past and has been used to kill rats. It is a poison. And there is no justification for using it other than "I want to".
Never said it was 100% safe, no drug is 100% safe. Just stating that it is a viable alternative for people looking to quit that have tried and failed in the past. No more harmful than the FDA approved alternatives like patches and gum. You can reduce the nicotine levels and gradually ween yourself 0mg.

Old 02-26-2013, 05:55 PM   #56

Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post

Never said it was 100% safe, no drug is 100% safe. Just stating that it is a viable alternative for people looking to quit that have tried and failed in the past. No more harmful than the FDA approved alternatives like patches and gum. You can reduce the nicotine levels and gradually ween yourself 0mg.
That is true. Don't they have a zero nicotine flavored vapor?

Old 02-26-2013, 05:56 PM   #57

Liked 54 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Why replace one delivery method for a poison with a different delivery method? All your doing is odor control. Just stop. It's harder than it sounds, but if I can do it as weak as I am, then y'all can too.

You have to make a conscious decision when you have a craving to NOT CAVE IN.
"Just stop" It would be awesome if it were like that,but unfortunatly its not.So im gratefull that there are other avenues to take to help me quit. Whatever the thing is you use to help yourself quit,do your homework 1st.Do the research,ask others how it has worked for them and get their experiance.

If there still was the two choices of smoke or quit cold turkey there would be alotta folk still smokin butts.

Theres more tools out there more then ever to use,use them.

Old 02-26-2013, 06:00 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

That is true. Don't they have a zero nicotine flavored vapor?
Yes. Many of the vendors offer different nicotine strength all the way down to 0%. You can initially choose the strength that mimics your smoking habit and reduce it over time until you can quit all together.

One note to anyone considering this, Trip is 100% correct, nicotine juice is lethal at these concentrations. Treat it like a firearm, keep it secured and locked away from kids and pets.

Old 02-26-2013, 06:45 PM   #59
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 990 Times on 653 Posts
Likes Given: 1274

January 4th 1986 I quite cold turkey. I started smoking in 1969 while in the ARMY. Smoking for me was always a mechanism for thinking/solving issues, and I still smoke a cigar once in a while to this day when I need to mill things over. The major difference between Pipes,cigars, and cigs. Is that cigs are strictly niccotene delivery systems. Meant to be inhaled deeply and smoked frequently in minimal time.

I used Tic-Tacs to to assist me in quitting. Everywhere I related cigs, or cig paraphernalia I substituted Tic-Tacs. I also scrubed out the smell of cigs from everything I owned, when you quite, your taste and smell start to return fairly quickly. Smell and sight are just as big of triggers as the urge for nicotene has on the body.. Choir practice and the weekly poker game was very tough on me.

Best of luck to anyone who is attempting to quit.

Become steel or get cut.

Old 02-26-2013, 10:00 PM   #60
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

My doc told me that the addiction to cigarets is just the same as addiction to cocaine. The cigarette companies have been putting bunch of crap in them for years that effect the mind. So it is not all the nicotine that is stopping all of us. I was told by my Doctor to stop smoking, before shoulder surgery or risk not healing. At the time I had smoked for fifty years, and that is not something to brag about. The doc also told me the nicotine also leaves the body in about 7 to 10 days. I can tell you after over two years the urge to smoke is still with me at times. Go to a doctor or hospital that works with smokers, if you can not stop. One other way to think about is that you can buy a box of 22's every day for the same price, if, if, if, you can find any. Good luck all.
Wiebelhaus Likes This