Quit smoking? - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Quit smoking?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2013, 06:40 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 286 Times on 206 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post
I smoke at work on the boat. Around 30 packs in 2days. When I'm home 2 weeks I hardly smoke. Yet when I'm on the boat, I have to. Otherwise I may hurt someone and get fired.
30 packs in 2 days...... I dont think I could smoke that much if I tried.

Old 02-17-2013, 07:04 AM   #32

Liked 2414 Times on 1504 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by fupuk

30 packs in 2 days...... I dont think I could smoke that much if I tried.
Meant 28 days

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:01 AM   #33

Liked 286 Times on 206 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post

Meant 28 days
That makes more sense. I smoke atleast a pack a day religiously and have been since I started smoking 13 years ago, and im only 24. I need to stop smoking, thats one of the things that ultimately killed my dad. I know what smoking can do to a person, and thats why I had to see my dad get buried when I was 12. And I dont want my kids to go through the same things I had to when I was younger.

Old 02-17-2013, 03:10 PM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1788 Times on 1171 Posts
Likes Given: 1553

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaGoo Idaho View Post
In April of 2011 I slipped on some water and landed on my elbow. I tore my rotator cuff. I could not sleep with all the pain. I when to a real a-- hole doctor that said he would not operate on me until I quit smoking. At the time I had smoked for 56 years. I loved to smoke. The doctor said that healing was about 50-50 chance with smokers. He said that he only operates on non smokers so he has 100 % success rate. He gave me a prescription for “Chantic” and six weeks later I had stopped smoking. I had 100% successful operation on my rotator cuff. I still have the craving but it does not last long. I know now that I will never start again. We have cats so I may think of them the next time.
After my father's last heart attack in 1996, they needed to do bypass surgery, he smoked at the time, the doctor told him "if you don't quit smoking after we do this, you've wasted my time and your money" My Dad quit that day and never smoked again till he passed away in 2002.
“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 02-17-2013, 03:20 PM   #35

Liked 132 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 246

Everybody gets ..FAT..when they try to quit....Seems to me.....I never smoked so I don't know how hard it would be...Good-Luck...It's a nasty-Habit.....Wish you the best on quiting.......

Old 02-17-2013, 03:29 PM   #36

Liked 9213 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
Everybody gets ..FAT..when they try to quit....Seems to me.....I never smoked so I don't know how hard it would be...Good-Luck...It's a nasty-Habit.....Wish you the best on quiting.......
I've gained nearly 40 pounds. But I've lost ten due to being sick the past two and a half weeks.

I'll lose whatever I do while I'm sick, and I'm not going to let the headway be lost, I intend to start biking again as soon as I feel better.

Hopefully by the end of the year I can be back down to my fighting weight of 170. I'm 245 now, was 255 a month ago. I was at 215 when I quit, I think in November. I was eating every dang thing in sight before I got sick, and was severely constipated. That's a feat by itself for someone with IBS.

Old 02-17-2013, 03:37 PM   #37

Liked 11 Times on 3 Posts

Well ..just to chime in..if I can do it anyone can.you have to WANT to..I smoked for 30 years. Pack to pack and a half a day. It has been exactly 1 year today that Iquit. U have to want to.

Old 02-17-2013, 03:51 PM   #38

Liked 54 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 9

My best efforts quiting have been with E-Cigs. It worked for me from day one. I did all the research on them well before tryin one. It wasnt a gas station special either,it was a good quality unit with batts that i would only hav to charge once a week.

The hardest part about puffin on the vapor stick was choosin a flavor you would like, and could be your everyday "vape". Some of the flavors are delicous,and you can vape them inside being only water vapor.
All the vendors are small and basically run outta peoples houses so the CS is beyond great. The missus smokes so ive been back n forth, smokin butts on the weekend and vapin at work.

This has been the only thing iv tried that worked for me instantly. Believe me blowing out thick clouds of smooth caramel or cotton candy tatses and smells a wee bit better lol.

( before you bust on those flavors, they have a flavor for everybody. Some of the straight up tobacco flavors are awesum.)

Old 02-17-2013, 04:45 PM   #39

Liked 27 Times on 20 Posts

I attempted to quit 3 separate times on Chantix, between the stomach cramps and other assorted side effects, It was unsuccessful. First attempt on Bupropion worked. Still had some weird side effects, but it worked. Have not had the desire to smoke at all.

Old 02-17-2013, 04:48 PM   #40
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1819 Times on 994 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by undumb
I attempted to quit 3 separate times on Chantix, between the stomach cramps and other assorted side effects, It was unsuccessful. First attempt on Bupropion worked. Still had some weird side effects, but it worked. Have not had the desire to smoke at all.
If you're ready to quit, you will. Until I was ready, I never quit. Once it was time, I quit cold turkey and don't miss it. Good luck!!!