quirks - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > quirks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2013, 07:34 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSadPanda View Post
I do as well. I've met quite a few people who do it as well.
Bears!

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 10-25-2013, 07:57 PM   #22
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 698 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 729

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
Is it weird that I always back into or pull through parking spots so that I don't have to back out? Is it a ptsd thing?
Anyone else have little quirks like this?
I do it because it's a PIA to back up a truck in a tight space.

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 10-25-2013, 08:01 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Why is it this thread reminds me of those jokes about "stump breaking" a horse?

Old 10-25-2013, 08:04 PM   #24

Liked 1021 Times on 568 Posts
Likes Given: 1597

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Bears!
The people on the property next to ours had 2 bears for years. Last year Ohio passed some kind of exotic animal law. So i don't know if they had to get rid of them, or maybe they just GOT LOOSE........... The cage is still sitting there with the door open................

Don't follow me.....You won't make it.....

Old 10-25-2013, 08:10 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by rn-cindy View Post
The people on the property next to ours had 2 bears for years. Last year Ohio passed some kind of exotic animal law. So i don't know if they had to get rid of them, or maybe they just GOT LOOSE........... The cage is still sitting there with the door open................
Have you SEEN the neighbors much lately? in one piece? one living piece?

If my neighbor had a bear, i'd be working on my archery skills and looking for a slow-acting and painful serum to paint the broadheads with.

rn-cindy Likes This 
Old 10-25-2013, 08:31 PM   #26
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8276 Times on 4782 Posts
Likes Given: 10703

I was ticketed for backing into a parking space. I kid you not. In all city owned parking spaces you must park front-in or you will be ticketed. They say that it is for safety's sake, people can't back up as well as they can drive forward. When I pointed out that a person who pulled into a space forwards would have to back out into traffic and that was much less safe the guy just shrugged.

Another City shcmuck said it was so that the cops could drive through parking lots looking for expired tags and write tickets on them. I pointed out that if they looked at the front of the vehicle they would find most cars are missing a front plate- which is a ticketable offense as well. Again, shrug.

I back into spaces where it is not prohibited. I also will parallel park when towing a trailer. Once had a guy see me preparing to park my truck/trailer between his car and another one, he ran to his car, jumped in, backed out over a curb and hit a sign because he apparently thought I was going to hit his car or something. I parked my rig and went back to his car and asked if he was OK. He was a little miffed for some reason.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
People Like This 
Old 10-25-2013, 11:32 PM   #27
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21582 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
I was ticketed for backing into a parking space. I kid you not. In all city owned parking spaces you must park front-in or you will be ticketed. They say that it is for safety's sake, people can't back up as well as they can drive forward. When I pointed out that a person who pulled into a space forwards would have to back out into traffic and that was much less safe the guy just shrugged.

Another City shcmuck said it was so that the cops could drive through parking lots looking for expired tags and write tickets on them. I pointed out that if they looked at the front of the vehicle they would find most cars are missing a front plate- which is a ticketable offense as well. Again, shrug.

I back into spaces where it is not prohibited. I also will parallel park when towing a trailer. Once had a guy see me preparing to park my truck/trailer between his car and another one, he ran to his car, jumped in, backed out over a curb and hit a sign because he apparently thought I was going to hit his car or something. I parked my rig and went back to his car and asked if he was OK. He was a little miffed for some reason.
he would have been better off leaving it where it was. now that damage was on him. had you hit him, he could have filed against your insurance. what an idiot!

Old 10-26-2013, 03:07 AM   #28
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8276 Times on 4782 Posts
Likes Given: 10703

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
he would have been better off leaving it where it was. now that damage was on him. had you hit him, he could have filed against your insurance. what an idiot!
Yeah. No kidding. I can seriously parallel park a truck/trailer as well as or better than most people can parallel park a little compact car.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 10-26-2013, 03:49 AM   #29

Liked 2493 Times on 1422 Posts
Likes Given: 1945

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
Is it weird that I always back into or pull through parking spots so that I don't have to back out? Is it a ptsd thing?
Anyone else have little quirks like this?
I do the same thing. Reason's because when I still believed ford's

liars, I got a F150, and the reverse gear went out. I couldn't afford

to fix it, because I was wasting my money on frivolous junk, like rent,

diapers, and baby formula. So I always had to exit going forward.
Old 10-26-2013, 03:55 AM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1786 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1539

Most police and volunteer firemen that I have seen here in our area back into their parking spots.

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly