Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   quirks (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/quirks-99477/)

mountainman13 10-24-2013 10:14 PM

quirks

Is it weird that I always back into or pull through parking spots so that I don't have to back out? Is it a ptsd thing?
Anyone else have little quirks like this?

Sniper03 10-24-2013 11:46 PM

MOUNTAINMAN,

Yes I do the same! While out, or parking my vehicles in the garage or in the driveway. There are several reasons!
1. When I was in LE on one occasion I had pulled frontward into a parking spot at a restaurant to eat one evening on duty. We got an emergency call and two units scrambled from the meal and our table. I jumped into my squad car and began to back out very quickly! Making ready for the light and siren emergency run. Out of my peripheral vision I saw a shadow or something and slammed on the brakes. An elderly woman had walked out from behind a van that was parked next to me and directly behind my car. She was on a walker also and I stopped just in time as the rear bumper touched the walker side rail. No harm to her except being frightened as I certainly was and I have never forgotten that night all these years later. Scared the ****** out of me to think I could have killed her because I was pulled into the spot and backing out and unable to see clearly. So I always back in even today or as you stated pull through.
2. At home if something ever goes on I am ready to quickly deploy directly without having to back up, stop, turn around and then respond.
I am with you on this idea! Nothing wrong with your thought!;)

mountainman13 10-24-2013 11:47 PM

Comforting to know I'm not just a whacko. Lol

rn-cindy 10-24-2013 11:50 PM

I count steps....and dont like even numbers...other than that, im perfectly normal...:D

GunsGodAndCountry 10-24-2013 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainman13 (Post 1412295)
Is it weird that I always back into or pull through parking spots so that I don't have to back out? Is it a ptsd thing?

I freeze popcorn before i eat it and I always wear 2 pairs of socks...is that the kind of quirk you're talking about?

hoovco 10-24-2013 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainman13

When I was a joe, I thought combat parking meant you pulled your vehicle in like you were about to go mess some sh*t up. I learned what it meant pretty quick.

Axxe55 10-25-2013 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainman13 (Post 1412295)

i do it all the time. part of my reason is, many times i have parked in the daytime and had to leave at night, and it was easier to back in during daylight than backing out in the dark.

one company i worked for, when driving a company vehicle, you had to back into a parking spot per company safety rules. so i just ckind of became use to doing it.

eatmydust 10-25-2013 12:09 AM

Always pull into a pull-thru spot! And sing out loud while driving!

rn-cindy 10-25-2013 12:11 AM

I drove a clunker in college, i always backed in so i could get a jump start...

Axxe55 10-25-2013 12:11 AM

MM13, you are either comepletely normal, or we're just as crazy as you!:p