Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Questions for a Gunsmith? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/questions-gunsmith-5775/)

Dillinger 07-22-2008 02:18 PM

Questions for a Gunsmith?

So, I am going to do a Q & A write up for our site with my gunsmith, Brett Evans of NW Armswerkes. We'll talk about products, talk about Katrina & SHTF, various views from "Inside the Shop" - stuff like that.

I have a pretty good list of questions put together - recommendations on gear and books to read, resources, stuff like that.

What I am wondering is, do you guys have anything specific that you would like to have asked for future reference? I am going to steer away from "What do you think of So-&-So's latest offering in this category" for obvious reasons.

But, if you have something you have been meaning to ask, or haven't got an answer that you feel you would like to have, post it here and I will see if I can't work it into the session.

Cheers,

JD

Dillinger 07-23-2008 04:25 PM

*Bump*

In case you missed it and might have some questions....

JD

G21.45 07-23-2008 06:51 PM

:) OK, Dillinger, where can I find a decent two-stage trigger for a large-pin Colt 6920 LE? Is there, even, such a critter; or am I stuck with the crappy single stage trigger that came with the rifle?

What's more, could I use one of the more common small-pin two-stage triggers by combining it with some sort of, 'turned down' conversion pin?

Dillinger 07-23-2008 06:53 PM

The problem there is, you said Colt.... LOL

Let me see what I can find out for you... We could always tune one for you in the shop and send you a spec'd out one, but how much do you really want to spend on a trigger? :rolleyes:

More to follow -

JD

Dillinger 07-24-2008 11:31 PM

You have until morning

This interview will be taking place tomorrow, and with a little luck, be published before the end of the weekend, or the first part of next week. If there is a question you would like answered, please post it this evening.

JD

Joshua M. Smith 07-25-2008 01:52 AM

Ok, here's a few:

If you were going to recommend a 1911 ambidextrous safety to a left hander, would it be the Swenson style with the grip tab retainer, the King/Kimber style with the hammer pin retainer, the Colt style with the sear pin retainer, or something else? Why?

Do you believe we've been spoiled by fitting jigs and such which let us produce firearms in quantity, instead of with hand fitted quality?

Do you prefer wooden or synthetic rifle stocks, and why?

.45acp or 9mm Parabellum? :D

Josh <><

Dillinger 07-25-2008 01:29 PM

*BUMP*

Last chance - Interview is today....

JD

Dillinger 07-25-2008 08:46 PM

Okay guys - the poll is closed & the interview is in the books. I shall write it up over the weekend and hopefully get it published by next week sometime.

Mods - Please feel free to close the thread.

Thanks,

JD