A question to your view of the flag. - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

A question to your view of the flag.

View Poll Results: Is there a good reason to alter the flag? Read post before voting
Absolutely not. It is unpatriotic to do anything but salute the flag 29 90.63%
Yes if it is for reasons that are not to deface it. 1 3.13%
I don't know. I would have to do a case by case basis. 2 6.25%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2010, 07:21 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan0626 View Post
Quick modification using paint to show what I saw.
I agree i tried to see the peace symbol and saw this instead, although i do see as well how one can turn it to be the peace symbol. Speaking of which. On fridays here in Astoria, Oregon there are two groups out at a crossroads in town, those who support the troups, and those peace jack asses who dont. I say if you don't support our troops, stand out in front of them, they need better body armor!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 02-27-2010, 07:45 PM   #22

Liked 1617 Times on 945 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Too many have put it all on the line for the flag as it is. I would belief it a huge disrespect to change it in some of the ways I have seen floating around on the net.

@Shihan"
Every time I have read that it has about moved me to tears.

Old 02-27-2010, 11:13 PM   #23

Liked 31 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan0626 View Post
Quick modification using paint to show what I saw.
Oh, ok. I still prefer the rectangular star field. When I was 9 years old (1959), I saw 2 new stars added to the flag. One for Alaska in January and one for Hawaii in August. I grew up seeing the rectangular star field and I would prefer it to remain that way, no matter how many new states are added. That is the flag I said the Pledge of Allegiance to in school. It is the flag that appeared on the television every night at the station sign off. It is the flag I saluted and respected while in the Army. It is the flag I now fly, every day, in front of my apartment.

Old 02-27-2010, 11:39 PM   #24

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidFlashGordon View Post
Oh, ok. I still prefer the rectangular star field. When I was 9 years old (1959), I saw 2 new stars added to the flag. One for Alaska in January and one for Hawaii in August. I grew up seeing the rectangular star field and I would prefer it to remain that way, no matter how many new states are added. That is the flag I said the Pledge of Allegiance to in school. It is the flag that appeared on the television every night at the station sign off. It is the flag I saluted and respected while in the Army. It is the flag I now fly, every day, in front of my apartment.
Please don't get me wrong. I don't want it to look that way. I swore an oath to the rectangular star field, not a sphere of stars no doubt thought up by some group that's never served, never will serve and care nothing about those who serve and die for the flag. By the way you don't look as old as you say, that's a good thing.

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 02-28-2010, 03:20 PM   #25

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 16

I prefer the rectangle field also, it was just interesting to see that they made one with a different alyout of the stars. Got it from wiki, type in 51 state flag.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945