The Question Is WHY ? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > The Question Is WHY ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2009, 12:42 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

sorry gotta ask. whats a Bump Fire?

<<Insert cool pithy ponderous statement here that makes women want me and men want to BE me!>>

Old 04-15-2009, 06:22 AM   #22

[QUOTE=anm2_man;62569]I guess I don't really understand why a thread titled "Bump Fire Legality" gets 14k views and 35 responses while a question about a set of parts for one of the most original MG's (Developed by Maxim) gets 43 views and 1 response. Tell me why ? Flame away [/QUO

Speaking strictly for my self, I can't afford to buy or shoot a maxim. Do I think they are cool, yeah, but what practical purpose is there for me to own one. This issue seems to be on equal grounds with the "tacticool" argument. I hear and read people saying, "Oh, what practical purpose does (part x) serve?" "It's just tacticool" Well I won't give someone crap for finding an interest in maxims, powder, or grenade launchers. It goes the same for cars, what practical purpose is there for painting flames on the hood, or a chrome shift knob? I'm new to the shooting world and I come here for information that I can find useful to my situation. If I like the aesthetics of the Mossberg road blocker for example, why should people hate on that. This is a forum for peoples opinions and ideas. I will agree that many young people are f'ed up, but I'm 29, I value my family, care about my community, and realize that I can gain invaluable wisdom from my elders. I know I'm gonna get a lot of flack for this, but I think that for all the talk of inclusion to help protect our rights, there is a lot of ridiculing here that may keep people from wanting to participate.

Old 04-15-2009, 06:29 AM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Well said Dude.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 04-15-2009, 10:13 AM   #24

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=XD dude;94794]

Quote:
Originally Posted by anm2_man View Post
I guess I don't really understand why a thread titled "Bump Fire Legality" gets 14k views and 35 responses while a question about a set of parts for one of the most original MG's (Developed by Maxim) gets 43 views and 1 response. Tell me why ? Flame away [/QUO

Speaking strictly for my self, I can't afford to buy or shoot a maxim. Do I think they are cool, yeah, but what practical purpose is there for me to own one. This issue seems to be on equal grounds with the "tacticool" argument. I hear and read people saying, "Oh, what practical purpose does (part x) serve?" "It's just tacticool" Well I won't give someone crap for finding an interest in maxims, powder, or grenade launchers. It goes the same for cars, what practical purpose is there for painting flames on the hood, or a chrome shift knob? I'm new to the shooting world and I come here for information that I can find useful to my situation. If I like the aesthetics of the Mossberg road blocker for example, why should people hate on that. This is a forum for peoples opinions and ideas. I will agree that many young people are f'ed up, but I'm 29, I value my family, care about my community, and realize that I can gain invaluable wisdom from my elders. I know I'm gonna get a lot of flack for this, but I think that for all the talk of inclusion to help protect our rights, there is a lot of ridiculing here that may keep people from wanting to participate.
Woohooh!!!! Well said Xd Dude!!!

Old 04-15-2009, 12:18 PM   #25
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER View Post
There's too many of these lurking around:

Can you say NERD TURD?

Old 04-15-2009, 12:43 PM   #26

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
I'll be honest...my generation and those that follow it suck. I'm 27 and most of the people my age suck. They have no idea what personal responsibilty it, they have no respect for their elders, they don't respect the family unit and if it isn't brand spanking new they aren't interested. I grew up working on/restoring cars well older then I. So much so that I bought my first car at the age of 14, a 1967 Mustang Fastback(this was years before that gay excuse for a car elenor). I LOVE old stuff, it's just so cool! It's simple yet intriguing, it's a piece of history for crying out loud!!!

I own 8 firearms. 3 of them were built before 1970, the oldest goes back to the 30's. One was a few years old when I bought it at the age of 12, my first and I'll fight you by hand to the death for it. I have 2) 16ga's because I grew up hearing about them and wanted one for myself. Once I had one I was hooked.

You can only reinvent the wheel so many times. Old guns, old cars, old ideals were strong and reliable. You can't improve on that....
Very true, and congrats on being a cut above. It's refreshing to see all hope is NOT lost.
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 04-16-2009, 07:06 AM   #27

Our sport, hobby, life style,(i.e. gun owners) have enough problems with people not liking us. It just doesn't seem right to segregate our selves into little sub-genres that talk trash to each other. We may know the difference and purpose of a .22 target pistol and a Jimenez Saturday Night Special, but the sheeple who want guns banned only see a gun. Stand with your brother, or your old guns will be confiscated along with his brand new "tacticool" AR-15. Just some final thoughts from your typical nerd turd young person.

Old 04-16-2009, 07:42 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL357Mag View Post
Very true, and congrats on being a cut above. It's refreshing to see all hope is NOT lost.
Thanks for the kind words. I'm really worried about the current state of our country and where it's heading and I hate to say it but I don't see much support for the real America from my generation.
I love talking to people like my Grandparents, the elders at church and my Great Uncle is 94 years old and still farming. Him and my grandfather who is 88 go hunting together every year! They are true Americans and have great stories and great wisdom to share if people would stop and listen.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer