The Question Is WHY ? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > The Question Is WHY ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2009, 07:51 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 40 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
I don't know much about automatic weapons. I am a student of history, so I know what a Maxim is. I served in the Air Force, but wasn't around automatic weapons even though I worked the flight line. I was around forklifts and tugs.

I don't enter too many of the debates on more technical legal issues either, because my background isn't in the law. However, I fully understand the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

I just turned 59 yesterday and have no need to impress anyone, including myself. I try to measure my words and practice restraint of tongue and pen and that includes keyboard as well these days.

I want to lead a good and productive life. I want to live quietly in the country. I love my Country, but hate what it is becoming. I don't back water from any man and I will fight for me and mine.

'Nuff said.

The Purpose of this thread was not to flame anybody other than those who think its cool to Bump fire - which is totally illegal in the eyes of BATF.

Now I'm 65 years old and I also have no need to impress anybody, but if you want to create a political argument about bump fires and Maxim Machine guns, please do it in the political section of this forum !

Old 01-18-2009, 07:52 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I also find it funny that there is more interest in your thread that is whining about other peoples' interest in bump fire than there is in the MG mount that you and your buddy fabricated from scratch.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 01-18-2009, 08:01 PM   #13

Liked 40 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
I also find it funny that there is more interest in your thread that is whining about other peoples' interest in bump fire than there is in the MG mount that you and your buddy fabricated from scratch.
Matt

I really wasn't whining, but I felt that a discussion about a weapon that was developed over 100 years ago deserved more responses than that of an illegal activity. But moving it to the club house is ok with me.

Old 01-18-2009, 08:15 PM   #14

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by anm2_man View Post
Matt

I really wasn't whining, but I felt that a discussion about a weapon that was developed over 100 years ago deserved more responses than that of an illegal activity. But moving it to the club house is ok with me.
BUMP FIRING IS NOT ILLEGAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now what you are asking is very specialized knowladge that now all people are going to know. Now if you are a student of firearms you know what a Maxim MG is what it was and what it did for modern warfare.

That does not mean you know where to get parts for it. You would be better off calling a collector or Knobb Creek as they deal in a lot of Class 3 firearms. If you have class 3 firearms more connected and more well off then 99.9% of us on this board.

Last edited by cpttango30; 01-20-2009 at 05:08 PM.

Old 01-18-2009, 08:19 PM   #15

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

My specialty was one which fires 6k RPM of 20MM, but you can't very well carry it at work.

Old 01-18-2009, 10:12 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by anm2_man View Post
Matt

Sorry, bad choice of words. I like to keep the specialized sections on topic. I also felt that you'd gain more exposure for your discussion here, as few people frequent the Class III section.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Old 01-18-2009, 11:12 PM   #17

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Old 01-18-2009, 11:17 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Keep it civil folks.

Roger Waters

Old 01-20-2009, 04:43 PM   #19

Default Sit down and shut up is under used.

I'm 28, and working on the outer edge of a generation that I see as getting softer and more mouthy as younger people become adults. I think they got coddled a little to much and didn't have to work to learn to appreciate things. I guess every generation says that about the generation that follows them... well I'll continue that tradition.

Old 01-20-2009, 06:43 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
I'll be honest...my generation and those that follow it suck. I'm 27 and most of the people my age suck. They have no idea what personal responsibilty it, they have no respect for their elders, they don't respect the family unit and if it isn't brand spanking new they aren't interested. I grew up working on/restoring cars well older then I. So much so that I bought my first car at the age of 14, a 1967 Mustang Fastback(this was years before that gay excuse for a car elenor). I LOVE old stuff, it's just so cool! It's simple yet intriguing, it's a piece of history for crying out loud!!!

I own 8 firearms. 3 of them were built before 1970, the oldest goes back to the 30's. One was a few years old when I bought it at the age of 12, my first and I'll fight you by hand to the death for it. I have 2) 16ga's because I grew up hearing about them and wanted one for myself. Once I had one I was hooked.

You can only reinvent the wheel so many times. Old guns, old cars, old ideals were strong and reliable. You can't improve on that....
I know what you mean about our generation.. i grew up as a Marine brat.. i wouldnt say i grew up in a strict household.. but i grew up knowing my limits and i was a well disciplined person..most people are agae are burn outs