The Question Is WHY ?
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

The Question Is WHY ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2009, 09:23 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 46 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default The Question Is WHY ?

I guess I don't really understand why a thread titled "Bump Fire Legality" gets 14k views and 35 responses while a question about a set of parts for one of the most original MG's (Developed by Maxim) gets 43 views and 1 response. Tell me why ? Flame away

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-14-2009, 09:35 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I really wish that this forum required that users enter their birth date during registration.

Most of it is just people wanting to look cool. I'd imagine that a large portion of the people that posted to that thread wouldn't have the faintest idea on what a Maxim is.

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 01-14-2009, 09:44 PM   #3

Matt

You are probably right. This country has degenerated into a class of Illegal persons !

Old 01-14-2009, 09:46 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 3451 Times on 1776 Posts
Likes Given: 372

Maxim? That's a magazine with mostly undressed chicks, isn't it? Kids and mall ninjas wanna view the tacticool threads. They have no idea what a watercooled machinegun is. They would not know the difference between an HMG and an SMG.

Old 01-14-2009, 09:49 PM   #5

Well at least there are a couple of us who understand the NFA and old MG's

Old 01-14-2009, 10:49 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 85 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I'll be honest...my generation and those that follow it suck. I'm 27 and most of the people my age suck. They have no idea what personal responsibilty it, they have no respect for their elders, they don't respect the family unit and if it isn't brand spanking new they aren't interested. I grew up working on/restoring cars well older then I. So much so that I bought my first car at the age of 14, a 1967 Mustang Fastback(this was years before that gay excuse for a car elenor). I LOVE old stuff, it's just so cool! It's simple yet intriguing, it's a piece of history for crying out loud!!!

I own 8 firearms. 3 of them were built before 1970, the oldest goes back to the 30's. One was a few years old when I bought it at the age of 12, my first and I'll fight you by hand to the death for it. I have 2) 16ga's because I grew up hearing about them and wanted one for myself. Once I had one I was hooked.

You can only reinvent the wheel so many times. Old guns, old cars, old ideals were strong and reliable. You can't improve on that....

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 01-14-2009, 10:49 PM   #7

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3486 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by anm2_man View Post
I guess I don't really understand why a thread titled "Bump Fire Legality" gets 14k views and 35 responses while a question about a set of parts for one of the most original MG's (Developed by Maxim) gets 43 views and 1 response. Tell me why ? Flame away
I would be surprised if most of the people who posted in that thread could IDENTIFY a Maxim Machine Gun. Beyond that, I have never personally worked on one, so even I can't say I would be of help in getting you the right parts.

JD

Old 01-18-2009, 06:01 AM   #8

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Maxim machine gun-water cooled machine gun developed during WW1, designed by Hiram Maxim. I can't remeber the exact year that it was developed but I do remember that he sold it to both sides during WW1.

HMG=Heavy machine gun-------Browning M2 .50BMG
SMG=Sub-machine gun------H&K MP5 9mm

See, I'm 24 and I know.
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 01-18-2009, 03:17 PM   #9

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

There's too many of these lurking around:

The Question Is WHY ? - The Club House

Old 01-18-2009, 03:37 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I don't know much about automatic weapons. I am a student of history, so I know what a Maxim is. I served in the Air Force, but wasn't around automatic weapons even though I worked the flight line. I was around forklifts and tugs.

I don't enter too many of the debates on more technical legal issues either, because my background isn't in the law. However, I fully understand the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

I just turned 59 yesterday and have no need to impress anyone, including myself. I try to measure my words and practice restraint of tongue and pen and that includes keyboard as well these days.

I want to lead a good and productive life. I want to live quietly in the country. I love my Country, but hate what it is becoming. I don't back water from any man and I will fight for me and mine.

'Nuff said.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Newest Threads