Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   The Question Is WHY ? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/question-why-9966/)

anm2_man 01-14-2009 09:23 PM

The Question Is WHY ?

I guess I don't really understand why a thread titled "Bump Fire Legality" gets 14k views and 35 responses while a question about a set of parts for one of the most original MG's (Developed by Maxim) gets 43 views and 1 response. :( Tell me why ? Flame away :D

matt g 01-14-2009 09:35 PM

I really wish that this forum required that users enter their birth date during registration.

Most of it is just people wanting to look cool. I'd imagine that a large portion of the people that posted to that thread wouldn't have the faintest idea on what a Maxim is.

anm2_man 01-14-2009 09:44 PM

Matt

You are probably right. This country has degenerated into a class of Illegal persons !:mad:

robocop10mm 01-14-2009 09:46 PM

Maxim? That's a magazine with mostly undressed chicks, isn't it? Kids and mall ninjas wanna view the tacticool threads. They have no idea what a watercooled machinegun is. They would not know the difference between an HMG and an SMG.

anm2_man 01-14-2009 09:49 PM

Well at least there are a couple of us who understand the NFA and old MG's

spittinfire 01-14-2009 10:49 PM

I'll be honest...my generation and those that follow it suck. I'm 27 and most of the people my age suck. They have no idea what personal responsibilty it, they have no respect for their elders, they don't respect the family unit and if it isn't brand spanking new they aren't interested. I grew up working on/restoring cars well older then I. So much so that I bought my first car at the age of 14, a 1967 Mustang Fastback(this was years before that gay excuse for a car elenor). I LOVE old stuff, it's just so cool! It's simple yet intriguing, it's a piece of history for crying out loud!!!

I own 8 firearms. 3 of them were built before 1970, the oldest goes back to the 30's. One was a few years old when I bought it at the age of 12, my first and I'll fight you by hand to the death for it. I have 2) 16ga's because I grew up hearing about them and wanted one for myself. Once I had one I was hooked.

You can only reinvent the wheel so many times. Old guns, old cars, old ideals were strong and reliable. You can't improve on that....

Dillinger 01-14-2009 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anm2_man (Post 62569)
I guess I don't really understand why a thread titled "Bump Fire Legality" gets 14k views and 35 responses while a question about a set of parts for one of the most original MG's (Developed by Maxim) gets 43 views and 1 response. :( Tell me why ? Flame away :D

I would be surprised if most of the people who posted in that thread could IDENTIFY a Maxim Machine Gun. Beyond that, I have never personally worked on one, so even I can't say I would be of help in getting you the right parts. :D

JD

dragunovsks 01-18-2009 06:01 AM

Maxim machine gun-water cooled machine gun developed during WW1, designed by Hiram Maxim. I can't remeber the exact year that it was developed but I do remember that he sold it to both sides during WW1.

HMG=Heavy machine gun-------Browning M2 .50BMG
SMG=Sub-machine gun------H&K MP5 9mm

See, I'm 24 and I know.

SGT-MILLER 01-18-2009 03:17 PM

There's too many of these lurking around:

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o...etToughGuy.jpg

CA357 01-18-2009 03:37 PM

I don't know much about automatic weapons. I am a student of history, so I know what a Maxim is. I served in the Air Force, but wasn't around automatic weapons even though I worked the flight line. I was around forklifts and tugs.

I don't enter too many of the debates on more technical legal issues either, because my background isn't in the law. However, I fully understand the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

I just turned 59 yesterday and have no need to impress anyone, including myself. I try to measure my words and practice restraint of tongue and pen and that includes keyboard as well these days.

I want to lead a good and productive life. I want to live quietly in the country. I love my Country, but hate what it is becoming. I don't back water from any man and I will fight for me and mine.

'Nuff said. ;)