Question for the Gamers here
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Question for the Gamers here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2009, 06:35 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Default Question for the Gamers here

I know a few of you have the x-box360. The wife just picked me up one for some reason. Maybe because she bought a fridge washer dryer and $500 vacume. But I now have an xbox 360 elite black. It came with two games Halo 3 and Fable II. I have 2 controlers for it. What else do I need to get. What else should I get.

Plus I looked and looked but could never find how much does xbox live cost?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-08-2009, 07:01 AM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Xbox live is $60 a year and a MUST. Every game you buy needs and update that needs to occur and that only happens when your Xbox is connected to the internet.

Nextly you need Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare (and part 2 when it's released) good combat times, right there. That is the best live game to play IMO. But if you want to kick it by yourself in the comfort of your home and not worry about anyone else, Fallout 3 may be the best game ever created. You get to kill mutants, zombies, and general wasteland as*holes, but you are not limited to the story line of the game itself. You can literally do whatever you want. Be a good guy, be a dick, it's all permitted! Lots of stuff to explore. Great weapons to find, and treasure.

The first 15 mins of the game is pretty lame, but it's all character development stuff. Once you get outside the vault, it's ALL good.

Old 07-08-2009, 07:28 AM   #3

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Mass Effect isn't a bad game either. Also, Resident Evil 5 is a good zombie game, I'd also be remiss if I neglect to recommend Red Faction: Guerrilla.

Oh and do you have Netflix?

"This is not about land or money...but the one thing that no man should never be able to take from another man: the freedom to make his own choices about his life, where he'll live, how he'll live, how he'll raise his family. "

William Travis, The Alamo: 13 Days to Glory

Old 07-08-2009, 08:14 AM   #4

Liked 39 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 137

COD4, Cod World at War, Fallout 3, Dead Rising is fun zombie game, I'm having a blast with Ghostbusters right now, but that might be a rental. Left 4 Dead is tons of fun as well. Get netflix and you can stream it through your xbox right to your tv, awesome

Greg

“The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.”

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupid"

Old 07-08-2009, 09:28 AM   #5

Heres a top ten 360 games list

Top Xbox 360

fight night round 4 is AWESOME

and love thy wife. she was thinking like a pro.

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
— Abraham Lincoln

"Rosie O'Donnell blames guns for murders, but nobody blames spoons and forks for Rosie O'Donnell"

Old 07-08-2009, 02:38 PM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Forget the streaming netflix. I ordered it and you only get 1% of the movies that netflix actually carries. You'll get bored with the selection after only a few days. But hey, take advantage of the free trial.

Old 07-08-2009, 02:56 PM   #7

Just keep in mind, you don't have to pay for the X-Box Live membership to get the updates for games, only if you want to play online multiplayer. Also, I believe to do the Netflix streaming you have to be a Gold Member. Your X-Box should have come with a free trial of X-Box Live.

I whole heartedly recommend COD Modern Warfare. Absolutely great and the AC130 section was the coolest thing I've done in a game in a long time.

I also really enjoyed Bioshock. It's a little older, but still a great game. Dead Space was great too and really creeped me out. I could only play an hour or so at a time.

Just for fun, I really got into the Guitar Hero games. I have no musical talent whatsoever, but I could still jam out with the game and release my inner rock god...

‘‘Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest.’’
— Mahatma Ghandi, "Gandhi, An Autobiography", page 446

Old 07-08-2009, 03:41 PM   #8

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Thanks guys. I was thinking of getting the Guitar Rock for the kids they are always begging for me to get it on **GULP** PS2.

Old 07-09-2009, 03:32 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 37

+10 for Cod 4 and/or modern warfare

Old 07-09-2009, 04:22 AM   #10

Liked 859 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 1687

Gears of War 2 is a must. It is the best first person shooter out there in my opinion and the game itself is great when you don't want to play live. Call of Duty World at War is really good also. XBOX LIVE is a definitely necessary. Enjoy the new toy!!!