Question about M4Carbine.net Forum
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Question about M4Carbine.net Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2012, 10:49 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Question about M4Carbine.net Forum

Anybody have problems with members on that Forum?
I know quit a bit but some of these guys are very rude and try to get you banned from the forum.
I advise to stay away from that forum.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-03-2012, 12:19 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 117 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 23

I don't think that's a fair statement or good "blanket" advice. M4carbine.net is a different culture. They take shooting and firearms very seriously. Are they too serious? Maybe. But many of them carry weapons on a daily basis for personal protection and protection of the public and our nation. If you go to that forum and your first post is about how cool your gun looks, don't expect a warm welcome.

They have very strong feelings about what makes a quality weapon and equally strong feelings about who makes quality weapons. I would also add that they have good empirical data to back up those beliefs.
Going to that forum and bragging about how great your bushmaster is will not be met well.

They will also encourage you to use the "ORANGE" search button before posting a question. only because most questions asked by new members are repeats of subjects that have been beaten to death before.

Like any other forum, learn the appropriate etiquette and conduct yourself accordingly. M4carbine.net is a fantastic source for information that goes way beyond what you will find on most other sights.

EDUB

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Thomas Jefferson

Old 02-03-2012, 12:27 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9564 Times on 4115 Posts
Likes Given: 1499

Different places, different faces, different expectations, manners, and practices.

I can walk into the I Bar at the Ft Benning Officer's Club in ANY uniform still wearing facial camo, smelling of skeeter repellent, and order a sandwich and a beer. Do not try that in the main dining room upstairs.

Same thing.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 02-03-2012, 12:35 AM   #4

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Many forums are like that. It's been my experience that you are treated based on two things. What you bring to the table, and whether or not you can or cannot follow the outlined etiquette.

It never ceases to amaze me the number of people on THIS forum that don't intro first, but rather start a new thread as their very first post. Usually to ask what people think about their new toy. Which quickly progresses in a downward spiral when they realize most of us aren't here to sit around and jack each other off about our stuff....good or bad.

Try professionalsoldiers.com sometime. More information than a person could EVER digest. On just about everything. Those however, are some SERIOUS cats there buddy...and they are very strict and disciplined. They'll let you get a little toe into their world if you show you can handle it, and aren't there to waste their time.

LOTS of good, PRACTICAL firearm info.

Old 02-03-2012, 03:17 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I didn't brag about any of NY guns or ask any stupid question. I did learn quit a bit while on the forum.
I just had several people, almost sort of stalking me. But whatever I did know they where serious about there weapons and so am I.
I just think some where way to serious and I did introduce myself as a new member.
Don't take my post the wrong way, maybe they where just to serious for me. I meet a couple of cool guys on there that helped me out. And I asked them about a few attacking new members and they said they see it happen all the time.
It's almost reminds me of the scene in Full Metal Jacket where they beat the shot out of Gommer with a bar of soap in a sock.

Old 02-03-2012, 03:52 AM   #6

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCMjUnKiE
I didn't brag about any of NY guns or ask any stupid question. I did learn quit a bit while on the forum.
I just had several people, almost sort of stalking me. But whatever I did know they where serious about there weapons and so am I.
I just think some where way to serious and I did introduce myself as a new member.
Don't take my post the wrong way, maybe they where just to serious for me. I meet a couple of cool guys on there that helped me out. And I asked them about a few attacking new members and they said they see it happen all the time.
It's almost reminds me of the scene in Full Metal Jacket where they beat the shot out of Gommer with a bar of soap in a sock.
I wasn't judging you or your experience you had there...you said some of them were jerks and I have no reason not to believe you. My statement was merely to outline my experiences on other forums.

Just making a general comment, really.

My reference to the PS.com was as an example of another forum that the members keep locked down tightly re: the rules and expected etiquette.

I've heard that M4 is a good place for info tho. Doesn't mean however that they don't have some d..kheads...

That's what I like about this forum. It's formal enough to get some really good information, but loose enough that it's not like you're using an encyclopedia.

Sorry if you took my post as an indictment of sorts on you...that's not how I intended it.

Old 02-03-2012, 03:56 AM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Not at all. I like this Forum everyone seems friendly, knowledgable and laid back.
I will go to M4C for answers to any questions that I can't find any where else.

Old 02-03-2012, 05:08 AM   #8

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

There are a few jerks here too. They usually just come and go though, not lasting very long.

Come to think of it, something I told my wife after she quit her third job after we first got together, there are ass holes everywhere, and they all stink.

This forum is generally one of the friendlier ones though, and I'm sure I can speak for most everyone in saying "glad you like it here!"

On the same note, I was a member at the firing line once upon a time. I couldn't take it. I had to take a few days off from here a while back too. It happens...

Don't get me wrong though, just look at that post count to see how much I like it here!

Old 02-03-2012, 05:22 AM   #9

Liked 1012 Times on 607 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
There are a few jerks here too. They usually just come and go though, not lasting very long.

Come to think of it, something I told my wife after she quit her third job after we first got together, there are ass holes everywhere, and they all stink.

This forum is generally one of the friendlier ones though, and I'm sure I can speak for most everyone in saying "glad you like it here!"

On the same note, I was a member at the firing line once upon a time. I couldn't take it. I had to take a few days off from here a while back too. It happens...

Don't get me wrong though, just look at that post count to see how much I like it here!
I agree, seems like there has a been more than usual lately for some reason. Their like little troll ninjas,they step in their own sh!t,run around here smearing poop and irritating folks..then they disappear as quickly as they came. I have to admit though, it just makes a boring evening a little more interesting.. There are alot of really good knowledgable people on this forum and i really enjoy being here myself.

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 02-03-2012, 05:27 AM   #10

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Dude your gonna jinx us, we haven't had a troll problem for a few days now! Not as I would define a troll anyway, which would be those who are self proclaimed experts in EVERYTHING firearms related (yet continuously spout off inaccurate information that can be disproven by a 30 second google search), and then start in with the personal attacks when you disagree.

I mean seriously? Who the hell calls someone's granny fat because you call them out on their claim to be able to fight a bear off with a stick?