Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Quaility over Quantity??? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/quaility-over-quantity-60803/)

kryptar19 03-22-2012 05:56 AM

Quaility over Quantity???

With all the recent and coming political crap, and the re-election too. What do y'all think is best?

1. Fitting the fire arms I have with scopes, and other things.

2. Buy a new rifle. Mosin, Mauser, some carbine. Just a surplus rifel.

I'm going to stock pile ammo period, I just want opinions on the other stuff.

Vikingdad 03-22-2012 07:37 AM

OK, Where do you sit in this question? What do you have and what do they need? How much ammo do you have in what calibers? What would you buy next, Mosin, Mauser, some carbine or whatever?

What ammo are you going to stockpile and how much do you consider to be a reasonable amount in each caliber?

I like what I have and don't "need" anything more. My eyes are getting bad so I need to put some scopes on if I want to hit out 600 yards or so. I reload, I recycle. If I find a Mosin for free I don't have anything to feed it so there is no reason for me to pick it up. Same for the AK.

I have more firearms than I "need", but not nearly as many as I want.

kryptar19 03-22-2012 07:59 AM

My only concern in this is that rifles will become scarce soon, and I only have 1.

I need a few more mags for my AR, 10/22, and 9mm. I also want to get a quad rail with a forward grip and a new pistol grip for my AR.

Like I said ammo is not in this equation. That being said I am working my way up to 2000rds for each. (12ga, .223, .22lr, 9mm) I like to group my ammo, but I feel like I need another rifle in a larger caliber. But then that's just another mouth to feed...

Vikingdad 03-22-2012 08:14 AM

You only have one one rifle? What is it?

kryptar19 03-22-2012 08:17 AM

Stagarms mod 1 with a 16" bull barrel.

kryptar19 03-22-2012 08:17 AM

Its not the first rifel I've ever owned, its just the onlly one I have left.

danf_fl 03-22-2012 08:35 AM

I prefer quality over quantity.

The less mechanical things you have, the less will break down. If you try to keep it simple, you can get to know how those few things work, what needs improvements, and characteristics of each.

Cory2 03-22-2012 08:38 AM

If the shtf then you only need one firearm and 1 well placed round to secure another firearm and more ammo. I am not advocating becoming agressive in a shtf scenario, I am saying if you need to use your firearms its probably because someone else has them as well. Once you drop them, you will have their firearms and ammo.... assuming you live. If you don't it doesn't matter anyway. That being said, I would suggest a rifle with more power than the .223. I don't want to start some fanboy war on here, its just that actual rifle cartridges give you many more options than intermediate cartridges do.

Vikingdad 03-22-2012 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kryptar19 (Post 748044)
My only concern in this is that rifles will become scarce soon, and I only have 1.

I need a few more mags for my AR, 10/22, and 9mm. I also want to get a quad rail with a forward grip and a new pistol grip for my AR.

Like I said ammo is not in this equation. That being said I am working my way up to 2000rds for each. (12ga, .223, .22lr, 9mm) I like to group my ammo, but I feel like I need another rifle in a larger caliber. But then that's just another mouth to feed...

Quote:

Originally Posted by kryptar19 (Post 748049)
Stagarms mod 1 with a 16" bull barrel.

OK, You say here in these quotes that you have an AR, 10/22 and 9mm and I think you are saying that you have 2000 rounds for each. then you say you have the Stagarms mod 1 with a 15" bull barrel.

I have no knowledge of Stagarms, and I do don't know what caliber it fires. I offer my ignorance.

I'm calling TROLLL!

Cory2 03-22-2012 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vikingdad (Post 748059)
OK, You say here in these quotes that you have an AR, 10/22 and 9mm and I think you are saying that you have 2000 rounds for each. then you say you have the Stagarms mod 1 with a 15" bull barrel.

I have no knowledge of Stagarms, and I do don't know what caliber it fires. I offer my ignorance.

I'm calling TROLLL!

The stagarms is the ar15 i assume. Since the mod1 is an ar15.