Pushing Daisies
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Pushing Daisies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2009, 05:13 AM   #1
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 705 Times on 390 Posts
Likes Given: 729

Default Pushing Daisies

I know there are several Dead Like Me fans. Anyone like Pushing Daisies? By the same Creator. Really pseudo reality surreal aspect to the show much like Dead like Me.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-25-2009, 10:48 AM   #2

Liked 1469 Times on 872 Posts
Likes Given: 459

Wife and I watched it. Very surreal in a happy and simple way. I like the writing as well, their dialog always flowed well. The best part though was the excessive clevage shots, every woman on that show wore a low cut shirt.

Old 09-25-2009, 10:52 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
Wife and I watched it. Very surreal in a happy and simple way. I like the writing as well, their dialog always flowed well. The best part though was the excessive clevage shots, every woman on that show wore a low cut shirt.
Explain "excessive". Assuming that the women in question were adequately endowed, can you have too many cleavage shots?

Old 09-25-2009, 11:11 AM   #4

Liked 43 Times on 36 Posts

I loved Pushing Dasies. It was one of the better shows on last year. I got burned out on CSI: LV and CSI: Miami

How many CSI women show up to a dam crime scene in swamp in 110* temps and 100% humidity with a sweater vest on and high heels? Then it was all about that drug using idiot Delco last season and this season is going to be just the same. CSI: NY is the only one I like anymore.

I like Gary Unmarried myself. It is funny and his ex his smokin hot.

NCIS: LA is odd it is ok they are more tech and gadget bond oriented and I think LL Cool J is a much better actor than he ever was a rapper. But being HQed in an old water treatment plant COME ON. Should have set it in San Deigo to make it a little more realistic. I will give it a chance.

Old 09-25-2009, 11:19 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXnorton View Post
Explain "excessive". Assuming that the women in question were adequately endowed, can you have too many cleavage shots?
For my tastes no, you cannot have to many. It was excessive in a good way.

Old 09-25-2009, 01:43 PM   #6

Liked 43 Times on 36 Posts

I don't think it was enough. I would rather have all the women on a show toppless. But I think the FCC and Tipper Gore would have something to say about it.

Old 09-25-2009, 02:16 PM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Always meant to check it out. I have a huge gamut of shows I get to watch all year round. This season it's Sons of Anarchy, Dexter, Californication, Nip/Tuck, House, Entourage, The Office, Big Bang Theory, and TUF.

But throughout the year there's : True blood, Big Love, Burn Notice, The Unit(RIP), Life, United States of Tara, South Bound and Out, Sarah Connor Chronicles(RIP), Battlestar Galactica(RIP), Flight of the Conchords, Hung, Weeds, Brotherhood, Kings, My name is Earl (RIP), Lost, Prison Break(RIP)

Not to mention the loss of great shows like : The Sopranos, Carnivale, Rome, Dead like me, Six Feet Under, and Deadwood. HBO: Where great shows go to die.

Throw in Dallas Stars hockey, Texas Rangers Baseball, and Cowboys Football in between all of those. Aside from this, I really don't watch a lot of TV other than the occasinal History channel, Discovery, or NatGeo channel show.

Last edited by user4; 09-25-2009 at 02:22 PM.

Old 09-25-2009, 02:29 PM   #8

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineffable View Post
Always meant to check it out. I have a huge gamut of shows I get to watch all year round. This season it's Sons of Anarchy, Dexter, Californication, Nip/Tuck, House, Entourage, The Office, Big Bang Theory, and TUF.

But throughout the year there's : True blood, Big Love, Burn Notice, The Unit(RIP), Life, United States of Tara, South Bound and Out, Sarah Connor Chronicles(RIP), Battlestar Galactica(RIP), Flight of the Conchords, Hung, Weeds, Brotherhood, Kings, My name is Earl (RIP), Lost, Prison Break(RIP)

Not to mention the loss of great shows like : The Sopranos, Carnivale, Rome, Dead like me, Six Feet Under, and Deadwood. HBO: Where great shows go to die.

Throw in Dallas Stars hockey, Texas Rangers Baseball, and Cowboys Football in between all of those. Aside from this, I really don't watch a lot of TV other than the occasional History channel, Discovery, or NatGeo channel show.
Damn looks a lot like my TV program likes and tastes, glad I am not alone. And, I did Like Pushing Daisies, especially that little blond spinner gal with the chipmunk voice and the 38 chest, who just so happens to be originally from Oklahoma.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 09-25-2009, 02:36 PM   #9

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3498 Times on 1613 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

This is something that I have yet to watch. *writes that down*

Anyone watch MAD MEN?? About an ad agency on Madison Avenue in the early sixties?? Surreal!

I can't believe THAT was a recognized work environment for my parents... LOL

JD

Old 09-25-2009, 02:48 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
This is something that I have yet to watch. *writes that down*

Anyone watch MAD MEN?? About an ad agency on Madison Avenue in the early sixties?? Surreal!

I can't believe THAT was a recognized work environment for my parents... LOL

JD
Mad Men is a great show. If anyone wants to start watching it, make sure you start from Season 1, don't just start watching whats being shown now, you will miss a lot of background. It's a show where the characters really grow and change.