Purchasing my first firearm - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Purchasing my first firearm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2009, 08:13 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1171 Times on 703 Posts
Likes Given: 369

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Also expect to find a lot of paranoia among gun folks. I would be, but I lost all my guns in a horrible boating accident, Thursday of next week.
I am never going boating with anyone on this forum. This must be the 10th boat accident I have heard of. Hope you will be ok and don't get injured from it. Make sure you wear a life vest next Thursday too.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 07-12-2009, 08:41 PM   #12

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
I am never going boating with anyone on this forum. This must be the 10th boat accident I have heard of. Hope you will be ok and don't get injured from it. Make sure you wear a life vest next Thursday too.
Good point about the life jacket Yunus, I wasn't wearing one when my boat capsized and I lost all of my guns too. Damn near drowned, and I couldn't save a damn one either, not even a single magazine. I guess you can make that 11 now.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 07-12-2009, 08:42 PM   #13

Dude... I could go to the local sheriffs dept and they could easily tell me how many guns i have registered in my name. Sure the depth of class three firearms and silencers is more in depth.... but the papers filled out at the dealer dont just sit in a filling cabinet.

If you find a gun you like... just HUG A TREE an buy it. You can never have too many... no matter what liberals say.

Old 07-12-2009, 08:53 PM   #14

Hey... next time you go boating.... tie a brick to your feet and jump out

If you find a gun you like... just HUG A TREE an buy it. You can never have too many... no matter what liberals say.

Old 07-12-2009, 09:06 PM   #15

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUNympho View Post
Dude... I could go to the local sheriffs dept and they could easily tell me how many guns i have registered in my name. Sure the depth of class three firearms and silencers is more in depth.... but the papers filled out at the dealer dont just sit in a filling cabinet.
You probably need to pay a little more attention to the meaning of your own signature line. Not everyone purchases all their firearms through dealers and 4473 forms. A lot of people purchase firearms by personal transactions and private sells. I guarantee that there is no record of those transactions at the local sheriff's office. The only records are between the private buyer and seller. And I will disregard your last post out of courtesy, for now.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 07-12-2009, 09:27 PM   #16

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 27

Well, the only time I would tell you to trust a private sale with no paperwork is an in state sale from a family member who personally vouches for the firearms and one you know they haven't used illegally. that being said, a licensed dealer is a great choice. he can help you out by letting you get a feel for the gun, look at manuals, and ask him as many questions as you like. Another tip, don't let money burn a hole in your pocket, take two or more trips at least before making a purchase. By the way, these guys have good advice so feel free to ask here too.

"I only regret I have but one life to lose for my country" Nathan Hale

Amendment 2 - Right to Bear Arms. Ratified 12/15/1791. Note

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Old 07-12-2009, 10:03 PM   #17

I prefer my firearms brand new or damn close. Not to mention, I get a warrenty with the place I get it from, even if it is used.

S.S.

Old 07-12-2009, 10:21 PM   #18

Hey MR GET EVEN is this signature better? I was referring to what C3 shooter said earlier about how there is no federal registration with guns other than class 3... I also realize that many people buy guns through private parties. I have done so many times. Ill forgive you for you mistaking i was talking to you, for now. xoxo

Old 07-12-2009, 10:36 PM   #19

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Hey MR GET EVEN is this signature better? I was referring to what C3 shooter said earlier about how there is no federal registration with guns other than class 3... I also realize that many people buy guns through private parties. I have done so many times. Ill forgive you for you mistaking i was talking to you, for now. xoxo
Not good for a 4th post.

Are you even trying to make friends, GUN?

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 07-12-2009, 10:48 PM   #20

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

You apparently have a lot to learn. As a matter of fact the 4473 DOES sit at the dealer so that when the BATFE comes to check their paperwork it all better be filled out correctly with all the i dotted and t crossed. There is NO federal gun registration at this time. Also the terminology is suppressor-NOT silencer. Do you live in an area where you have county firearm registration? I don't know of anybody but a moron that would sell a handgun to a 16 year old kid-it's HIGHLY illegal. I've had an FFL for YEARS now so I DO know what I'm talking about.

Quote:

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!