Public safety: Ban Guns? Or Doctors? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Public safety: Ban Guns? Or Doctors?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2009, 07:16 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Very funny post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
There is a fact that is being overlooked on this statistic. How many of those people who died in the doctor's care would have died if they did not have a doctor in the first place?

How many of those people who died from accidental gunfire would have died if they didn't have guns in the first place? The number would not be 0 but I'm guessing it would be lower than the number of people who die without doctors.
Eventually, we are all worm food, one way or the other, so they all would have died, just not at that time. Personally, i would rather face an armed assailant than go to the doctor; i don't like taking my car to the mechanic either.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 10-07-2009, 07:27 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

An analysis of more than 7 million recent discharge records from hospitals in 28 states reveals that a group of 18 medical injuries that occur during hospitalization may account for 2.4 million extra hospital days, $9.3 billion in excess charges, and almost 32,600 attributable deaths in the United States annually. The most serious offender is sepsis, a severe infection that sometimes develops after surgery. Sepsis occurs in approximately 11 per 1000 cases and is associated with the greatest increases in length of stay (11 days), charges ($57,727), and in-hospital mortality (22 percent of all sepsis cases are fatal.).

Screw Doctors, lets ban bacteria!

I confess that I have no desire to confess.