Proud Moment
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Proud Moment

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2012, 10:02 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Default Proud Moment

I've been wanting to get my daughter into shooting for the last year or so but she didn't want anything to do with it. So last night while I was watching an episode of Top-Shot and cleaning a couple of my handguns my 6 year old daughter decided it was time to learn about shooting. She asked a couple of questions about the 1911 and my Kel-Tec .32 (she especially like the .32 since it has an OD green finish which is her favorite color). We went over some safety rules and different parts of the gun and she tried a couple of dry fires. Needless to say she now wants her own gun but it has to be green Just glad she took an interest on her own and it's not a pink gun she wants...lol

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-17-2012, 05:49 AM   #2
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7790 Times on 4678 Posts
Likes Given: 9782

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado113 View Post
I've been wanting to get my daughter into shooting for the last year or so but she didn't want anything to do with it. So last night while I was watching an episode of Top-Shot and cleaning a couple of my handguns my 6 year old daughter decided it was time to learn about shooting. She asked a couple of questions about the 1911 and my Kel-Tec .32 (she especially like the .32 since it has an OD green finish which is her favorite color). We went over some safety rules and different parts of the gun and she tried a couple of dry fires. Needless to say she now wants her own gun but it has to be green Just glad she took an interest on her own and it's not a pink gun she wants...lol
She'll want a pink gun. Does she know guns come in pink?

Old 04-17-2012, 12:29 PM   #3

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Yeah she knows..lol She can buy her own pink gun, I can't stand the color any more since it seemed like everything she got was pink for the first two years.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 04-17-2012, 12:38 PM   #4

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

You just gave an example of the only way to keep the 2 amendment alive. Keep up the good work.

NEVER FORGET

Old 04-17-2012, 01:57 PM   #5

Liked 77 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado113 View Post
Yeah she knows..lol She can buy her own pink gun, I can't stand the color any more since it seemed like everything she got was pink for the first two years.
While you and I may not care for the color, if that is what she wants, then let her get it! Better to have her shooting a pink gun than not have her shooting at all.

What part of 'shall not be infringed' confuses people?