Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   proud father (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/proud-father-58069/)

md1911 02-18-2012 01:35 AM

proud father

Quote:

Originally Posted by md1911
I just got good news and had to share it. My son just joined the army. I'm proud of him hes the 6th generation in my family to serve this country.

Not sure its the best timing but proud of him anyways

towboater 02-18-2012 01:48 AM

Thats good news for sure. Gotta be one proud daddy right about now.

md1911 02-18-2012 01:57 AM

Yep sur am I was navy but still I'm proud.

Paladin201 02-18-2012 02:29 AM

Good show. Congrats, and convey to him that there are at least some people back here who appreciate and thank him for his service.

kfox75 02-18-2012 06:48 AM

Tell him thank you for your service from a man who was not allowed to, but would have given anything to serve. And thank you for your service.

jordan89 02-18-2012 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kfox75
Tell him thank you for your service from a man who was not allowed to, but would have given anything to serve. And thank you for your service.

I'm in the same boat. Would love to serve but cannot.

Thanks to all that do. You will never know how much you really mean to me.

Jstrong 02-18-2012 07:28 AM

First off congratulations on being a proud father of a soldier and on a family lineage rich with military service and patriotism,we need more families like yours.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kfox75

Man I lost almost 90 pounds to join the marine core,got it done got into shape and started my paperwork... got turned down at MEPS for some slight high frequency hearing loss in one ear. Not only that but instead of sending me to my doctor to get the ball rolling for a waiver.... then put me back on the test to fail twice and got me with a permanent disqualification. The Corps is downsizing big time because of budget cuts and are trying to stem the flow of recruits however they can it seems to me,the same recruiting station has been sitting on two of my buddies paperwork for months now. Rumor is they may start handing out disquals for flat feet again.

But anywho I got my heart broke that day at the MEPS station,didn't know what to think of myself for a while afterwards but I guess there's different plans for me. I can't say anything bad about the Marine Corps though,it motivated me to radically change my body and lifestyle and im a different person because of it. God bless the ones that did get in though and went on to serve our country

fireguy 02-18-2012 01:59 PM

Congrats to you for raising a son who would do this for us. Give him a big hug from me for his upcoming service. After he finishes basic and gets his assignment get hold of your local American Legion. Most all Legion Riders chapters will be glad to attend a send off for the young man. Good luck.
Tell him our whole congregation at my church prays for the armed services every week.

md1911 02-20-2012 01:47 PM

Thank you all for you're thoughts and comments

vincent 02-20-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kfox75 (Post 712605)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jordan89 (Post 712610)
I'm in the same boat. Would love to serve but cannot.

Thanks to all that do. You will never know how much you really mean to me.

I'll third that motion...:mad:

Much congrats to you and your son, I'd be very proud too!! :cool: