Props to the moderators on this forum - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Props to the moderators on this forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2012, 01:23 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 483 Times on 312 Posts
Likes Given: 4

TJ, old sayings become old sayings for a reason. Never discuss politics, religion or another man's wife, (I added the third). All three are a shortcut to a black eye or getting banned from certain forums. I'm as opinionated as the next man and sometimes it's a struggle, but I try my best to reserve comment and stick to guns and gun issues.

Old 07-14-2012, 01:56 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2921 Times on 1720 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn
TJ, old sayings become old sayings for a reason. Never discuss politics, religion or another man's wife, (I added the third). All three are a shortcut to a black eye or getting banned from certain forums. I'm as opinionated as the next man and sometimes it's a struggle, but I try my best to reserve comment and stick to guns and gun issues.
Donn we actually have a politics thread for supporting members. Certain topics are off limits for non-supporting members to avoid problems but just about anything goes behind the curtain. There are many benefits to being a supporting member.

Now that said. This is the only forum I am a member of and it will stay that way until I'm banned. Lol
I recommend FTF to everyone I talk to that deals with computers and guns and I recommend becoming a supporting member to everyone here.
I love this place and most of the people here. The mods are great, except for winds. J/k winds you're my favorite.; )

Old 07-14-2012, 02:05 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2913 Times on 1896 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change
Thank you very much. I am a new Mod here and I never realized how hard the job was. I appreciate the positive feedback because it's been a little rough around here lately.
Rough = active. Not particularly a bad thing, its all in how you view it. I see it all as entertaining.

Old 07-14-2012, 02:19 PM   #14

Liked 1961 Times on 1033 Posts
Likes Given: 4288

Ya bunch of brownnosers!! I kid, I kid, This is the best forum bar none on the web. From top to bottom, you won't find a better group of people anywhere in cyberspace...(or real life in some cases)

Thank you to Admin for creating this place, and thank you to all the underpaid catherders who sometimes have their hands full but do a great job keeping us cats in line!

Old 07-14-2012, 02:34 PM   #15

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Hello all, I to would have to agree that out mods are top notch. With that said, for the rest of us who seem to be set in our ways and beliefs open discourse is good would you agree? But along with open discourse a certain amount of respect has to be employed when disagreeing with each other as soon as the name calling starts, our point of view loses credibility (IMO) and we seem desperate and childish.
Keep up the good work Mods.

T.
“American by birth Texan by the grace of God”
“Molon labe”
http://www.ebay.com/itm/151001455519?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p39 84.m1555.l2649
People Like This 
Old 07-14-2012, 03:41 PM   #16

Liked 41 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin
You support obamacare? BANISH HIM!!!!!!!!!!!
I do not support Obama Care and I was on the political forum.

Old 07-14-2012, 03:42 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn
I agree. However it was a political forum.

Old 07-14-2012, 03:43 PM   #18

Liked 45 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 22

I also want to give credit where credit is due. The mods have done a great job of keeping this forum civil. I have found this forum to be a great source of information and even good humor. I once belonged to a different firearms forum that seemed to be controlled by a vicious group of thugs. They were brutal if anyone dared to disagree with their way of seeing things. The moderators did nothing to stop these attacks. I think their message was, "You are either with us or against us!". That forum, at least under the same name, is no longer around. I wondered if someone in there stepped over the line and got them shut down.

Old 07-14-2012, 03:44 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigjumpr
Hello all, I to would have to agree that out mods are top notch. With that said, for the rest of us who seem to be set in our ways and beliefs open discourse is good would you agree? But along with open discourse a certain amount of respect has to be employed when disagreeing with each other as soon as the name calling starts, our point of view loses credibility (IMO) and we seem desperate and childish.
Keep up the good work Mods.

T.
Very valid words...

Old 07-14-2012, 04:49 PM   #20
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8799 Times on 5254 Posts
Likes Given: 11667

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn View Post
TJ, old sayings become old sayings for a reason. Never discuss politics, religion or another woman's husband, (I added the third). A
I did a little modification there, but I agree. I usually do not talk about my religious or political views. Though I was recently labeled a liberal because I lived in Illinois.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
The mods are great, except for winds.
Yeah, that seems to be the general consensus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post
Thank you to Admin for creating this place, and thank you to all the underpaid catherders who sometimes have their hands full but do a great job keeping us cats in line!
Cat herding? On occasion I feel like an unarmed prison guard in the middle of a prison riot. I'm not calling you all prisoners I just couldn't think of a better metaphor. But that is only "on occasion". I do believe this is the best gun forum on the internet. And it trickles down from the top. Thanks, Notdku.