Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Project Dodge 4x4 update...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2013, 10:57 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1639 Times on 712 Posts
Likes Given: 1242

Quote:
Originally Posted by rn-cindy

The pump came with the kit. but i would like to look into the CO2 idea .. Can you suggest any brands, or a website..? Is that the same as compressed air..? Some of the guys have tube bumpers that they weld up and fill with air for tires.. Will that work to run my air locker..?
CO2 and compressed air are not the same. Copressed air runs out quickly where CO2 will last what seems like forever. CO2 is what it says carbon dioxide and has a wide range of uses in the modern world. From pellet guns to soda machines and others that escape me. Powertanks is probably the best on the market and the people I know that bought there systems use Powertanks. They are good but pricey. Like I said earlier poor boys have poor ways. I built mine out of a bottle I found laying in a snow drift. It is whats refered to as a 20 lb bottle. I had our gas supplier at work fill it. Built a bracket to hold it secure but can be unstrapped to carry it where it is needed and bought a fixed regulator from Polly Performance. It was less than 75.00 plus some labor. It gets used every trip out for something and will last over a year.
People Like This 
Old 09-17-2013, 03:30 AM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1784 Times on 1168 Posts
Likes Given: 1506

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockratt View Post
CO2 and compressed air are not the same. Copressed air runs out quickly where CO2 will last what seems like forever. CO2 is what it says carbon dioxide and has a wide range of uses in the modern world. From pellet guns to soda machines and others that escape me. Powertanks is probably the best on the market and the people I know that bought there systems use Powertanks. They are good but pricey. Like I said earlier poor boys have poor ways. I built mine out of a bottle I found laying in a snow drift. It is whats refered to as a 20 lb bottle. I had our gas supplier at work fill it. Built a bracket to hold it secure but can be unstrapped to carry it where it is needed and bought a fixed regulator from Polly Performance. It was less than 75.00 plus some labor. It gets used every trip out for something and will last over a year.
You could also go the used scuba tank route just have it pressure tested first. You could also have the tank filled with nitrogen instead of CO2 if you have a local supplier.

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 09-17-2013, 12:44 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1639 Times on 712 Posts
Likes Given: 1242

The scuba tank might work. Never thought about that. Most of us have nitrogen bottles for charging shocks. A friend tried using his for airing up tires and running air tools but they don't last long at all compared to CO2.....