Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Project Dodge 4x4 update... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/project-dodge-4x4-update-96805/)

rn-cindy 09-10-2013 12:26 AM

Project Dodge 4x4 update...

4 Attachment(s)
The axles are all rebuilt, Dana 60HD Front and back out of a 74 dodge 1 ton. 4.88 OX air lockers w/ selectro hubs..Saving up for suspension parts now....So far labor has been free..(besides a couple trips to Red Lobster)...:D. " Thanks Donnie".

rn-cindy 09-10-2013 12:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Transfer case "OX Monster box" was a big ticket item.......:eek:

rn-cindy 09-10-2013 12:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Engine and transmission are out, but not apart yet...Getting stuff together for it tho......A little at a time...Hope to have this rockin 4x4 badness done by spring. Meanwhile the guys donated a motor (and helped me put it in) my old chevy to get me back on the trail............:)

Axxe55 09-16-2013 02:56 AM

very nice! keep posting pictures!:D

nitestalker 09-16-2013 03:03 AM

I like Dodge Cummins powered trucks. I really like the older noisy clattering Cummins. The new quiet diesels just don't sound right. :(

bluez 09-16-2013 03:19 AM

How big is the fuel tank?
As long as your at it put in a real big one for that TEOTWAWKI?

boatme98 09-16-2013 03:20 AM

Holy crapskis! Nice.
My last Dodge truck was a 1962 D200 crew cab.
The Blue Beast.
I've got to figure out how to get pics up.

rockratt 09-16-2013 03:32 AM

Looks good Cindy. I have a couple questions. Looks like from the pics the rear is spooled and the front has the Ox???? We use air lockers a lot in rocks but I would be concerned the air line would get pulled out plowing thru mud??? I pulled mine loose a couple times even in rocks back in the day when I ran an ARB up front. Also give a report on the Transfer case when you get it going. I run an Atlas and they have served me well over the years and they have the best customer support of all but that Ox is a good looking case. No one in our group has tried it though?????

boatme98 09-16-2013 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockratt (Post 1373434)
Looks good Cindy. I have a couple questions. Looks like from the pics the rear is spooled and the front has the Ox???? We use air lockers a lot in rocks but I would be concerned the air line would get pulled out plowing thru mud??? I pulled mine loose a couple times even in rocks back in the day when I ran an ARB up front. Also give a report on the Transfer case when you get it going. I run an Atlas and they have served me well over the years and they have the best customer support of all but that Ox is a good looking case. No one in our group has tried it though?????

Damn. I used to carry water, oil, brake fluid, and a water pump. Had a slightly bent crank, wore the pump out about every 10k. Never hurt anything else and I could swap it out in about 20 mins. without pulling the radiator. At the expense of a few skinned knuckles.

rockratt 09-16-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boatme98 (Post 1373459)
Damn. I used to carry water, oil, brake fluid, and a water pump. Had a slightly bent crank, wore the pump out about every 10k. Never hurt anything else and I could swap it out in about 20 mins. without pulling the radiator. At the expense of a few skinned knuckles.

Won't ever forget the the first ooh ficial off-road trip I went on. Throwed lunch and a few tools in and drove the jeep to Poteau OK and back. Now the Jeep is loaded down with tools that includes a CO2 bottle for airing up tires and running air tools, loaded on a trailer behind a 1 ton dually Dodge that in most cases you couldn't fit another wrench in the back and still don't always have what I or someone else may need. Have not had to start carrying a spare water pump yet though.