Prison Reform - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Prison Reform

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2010, 01:20 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 15

This is a great topic, I vote we do away with prisons in general (let me explain). Out them in tents in the desert or in the country twenty foot high chain link fence with razor wire around it. They get up with the sun and head to their work detail. If they don't want to work, then they don't get food, just like Jamestown. They get a bunk, pillow, blanket, and a chest for their pink uniforms, soap, toothbrush, and shaving razor. If they are sick, they can call out to their families and their family can bring the medicine to the facility. You try to escape you get shot and buried in an unmarked grave. Forget the tazor belts, buckshot is much cheaper. oh and love the gardening ideas, they are really practical given most prisons are in rural areas as it is.

Old 06-26-2010, 01:30 AM   #12

Liked 1443 Times on 812 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Cool Hand Luke!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 06-26-2010, 02:08 AM   #13

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
Cool Hand Luke!
nuff said?

I'm sure there are many more thoughts on the subject. I do like the farm work idea.
My "nutshell" thought is we need to make prison someplace people really,really, don't want to go.Even county lock-ups should employ the same principles. I new a guy, way back in the day, he didn't really have a home, he would commit crimes, just enough to get locked up for the winter. To him it was easier than trying to find work and a place to stay.
Prisons/jails SHOULD be the most miserable place you could think of. I for one have not been to prison,god willing I never will, but it seems like these guys get all the creature comforts without working or contributing anything to society. I am NOT implying that prison is like club med.
I know that if I did wind up in prison, I would definitly want to be in solitary, I would NOT want to be in a general population situation. Knowing me ,I would be in kill or be killed situations every damn day! (I sometimes can't keep my mouth shut)

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Old 06-27-2010, 04:39 AM   #14

Default Both sides are messed up

Evil is evil and criminals should be punished but just to let you know be careful for what you wish for. Do you really trust our justice system under this administration?

Christians are being arrested in Dearborn MI.
Jailed for Jesus in America...Michigan police arrest Christians for talking to Muslims

Four Christians were arrested and jailed for talking to Muslims about Jesus, by order of police chief Ronald Haddad of Dearborn Michigan, who defended the arrests one week after the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals ordered those same police to let Christian evangelist George Saieg preach openly at a Muslim festival there.

I still correspond with a ex-cop who was jailed because he was in the shower when 2 kids broke into his house and stole his sidearm laying with his uniform on the bed and used it. He spent prison time under a child endangerment conviction.

I know an war injured solder who was jailed for child support arrears while waiting in a hospital for a disability check from Uncle Sam.

Both, our laws and the way they are enforced and prison scare the hell out of me. So keep talking about what you want prisons to be like because if things keep going the way they are you may get a chance to enjoy your wish.

I think criminals should be punished the way it says in the first 4 books of the Bible. I guarantee crime would be way down. Notice there is no reference on sending a criminal to prison in those writings. Interesting is it not?

Just because you don't believe in something is not going to stop it from happening.

Old 06-28-2010, 07:16 PM   #15

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I gotta say that I agree with NPBW here on several points.

The prison system most of you are describe is EXACTLY how it is in Arkansas. They are almost completely self-sufficient. They sell cattle, cotton and pigs to pay for electricity and provide payroll for guards. They farm/graze 18,000 acres at the prison several of my buddies work at. Up at 3:30 or 4:00 (depending on your area) and down at 8:00. Work, or you get no privelages. Don't screw up in Arkansas!