Prices are dropping
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Prices are dropping

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2013, 07:17 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 516 Times on 281 Posts
Likes Given: 172

Default Prices are dropping

The prices on black rifles and handguns is dropping. Looks like since the dems have dropped their gun ban crap for now, things are looking better.

Ammo is still a no-go.

Well, that's what it's looking like in my neck of the woods.....

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-21-2013, 07:25 PM   #2

Liked 4792 Times on 2680 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

The rush to buy will drop off. The "Amateur" hour for gun buyers will now become one of remorse. Anyone who has been through these scares just remained on the side lines. The inexperienced "Lemmings" rushed to the marketers and provided incredible profits for many dishonest gun dealers.

Old 03-21-2013, 07:31 PM   #3

Liked 20 Times on 14 Posts

Can't wait for people to start selling off the things they bought in panic to pay the credit cards bills they racked up panic buying and now can't afford to make the payment. Be ready for some sweet deals

Old 03-21-2013, 07:35 PM   #4

Liked 838 Times on 464 Posts
Likes Given: 1735

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
The rush to buy will drop off. The "Amateur" hour for gun buyers will now become one of remorse. Anyone who has been through these scares just remained on the side lines. The inexperienced "Lemmings" rushed to the marketers and provided incredible profits for many dishonest gun dealers.
...And "remorse" will equal gun and ammo deals down the line for the rest of us. Keep your eyes peeled.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:51 PM   #5

Liked 517 Times on 279 Posts
Likes Given: 114

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusUserPT92 View Post
Can't wait for people to start selling off the things they bought in panic to pay the credit cards bills they racked up panic buying and now can't afford to make the payment. Be ready for some sweet deals
There still some residual effects out there, so I'm not anticipating any sweet deals for at least another month.

Gun control advocates bleating about other bans or laws will keep fanning the embers which will keep some folks paranoid. Plus ammo is still low and inventories are depleted.

What I expect is that as new product comes in and doesn't move you'll see prices tank. Again, I think this is at least a month off.

"For every problem there is always a solution that is simple, obvious, and wrong." - Mark Twain

dango Likes This 
Old 03-21-2013, 07:51 PM   #6

Liked 33 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadyshot View Post
The prices on black rifles and handguns is dropping. Looks like since the dems have dropped their gun ban crap for now, things are looking better.

Ammo is still a no-go.

Well, that's what it's looking like in my neck of the woods.....
22lr ammo is still skinny but 223/5.56 (especially) and 9mm has increased in availability with price/round slowly going down on http://www.gunbot.net. I guess the Mayan calendar was wrong after all.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:59 PM   #7

NC1760, It has already started. I was in the LGS yesterday. A fellow came in wanting to sell 250 rounds of .223 for a "Buck" a round. The LGS manager politely declined the ridicules offer.
The LGS manager said the dropping of the AWB and credit card over kill had their phones ringing all day yesterday. This is training for a new generation of gun owners. Join the NRA and don't run with the first Democrat attacks.

Old 03-21-2013, 08:02 PM   #8

Liked 409 Times on 266 Posts
Likes Given: 4

IMHO, till black rifles are as available as they were prior to Newtown, prices will remain high, Granted, panic buying is over, (till next time), but till your LGS has full showcases and extras in the back, don't expect any deals. Was at a show last weekend. More black rifles than I'd seen in months, but prices were still thru the roof.

Last edited by Donn; 03-21-2013 at 08:05 PM.
People Like This 
Old 03-21-2013, 08:29 PM   #9

Donn Please. Don't shout at us. We are just "Slow" not deaf. Dealers buy based on future demands. You can expect to see back orders canceled quickly.
The glut of arms and ammunition will occur very soon. Take into consideration the "Hidden" stock piles. Many dealers and distributors held back stock from buyers betting on higher prices. That is called Salting the mines. In the old days of the West a hanging offense. Sometime I think old laws were the best.

Old 03-21-2013, 09:23 PM   #10

Liked 20 Times on 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazedJava

There still some residual effects out there, so I'm not anticipating any sweet deals for at least another month.

Gun control advocates bleating about other bans or laws will keep fanning the embers which will keep some folks paranoid. Plus ammo is still low and inventories are depleted.

What I expect is that as new product comes in and doesn't move you'll see prices tank. Again, I think this is at least a month off.
I can wait another month I've been waiting to buy for 6