Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Prices are dropping (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/prices-dropping-87102/)

steadyshot 03-21-2013 06:17 PM

Prices are dropping

The prices on black rifles and handguns is dropping. Looks like since the dems have dropped their gun ban crap for now, things are looking better.

Ammo is still a no-go.

Well, that's what it's looking like in my neck of the woods.....

nitestalker 03-21-2013 06:25 PM

The rush to buy will drop off. The "Amateur" hour for gun buyers will now become one of remorse. Anyone who has been through these scares just remained on the side lines. The inexperienced "Lemmings" rushed to the marketers and provided incredible profits for many dishonest gun dealers.:(

TaurusUserPT92 03-21-2013 06:31 PM

Can't wait for people to start selling off the things they bought in panic to pay the credit cards bills they racked up panic buying and now can't afford to make the payment. Be ready for some sweet deals

NC1760 03-21-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitestalker (Post 1184973)
The rush to buy will drop off. The "Amateur" hour for gun buyers will now become one of remorse. Anyone who has been through these scares just remained on the side lines. The inexperienced "Lemmings" rushed to the marketers and provided incredible profits for many dishonest gun dealers.:(

...And "remorse" will equal gun and ammo deals down the line for the rest of us. :D Keep your eyes peeled.

CrazedJava 03-21-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaurusUserPT92 (Post 1184978)
Can't wait for people to start selling off the things they bought in panic to pay the credit cards bills they racked up panic buying and now can't afford to make the payment. Be ready for some sweet deals

There still some residual effects out there, so I'm not anticipating any sweet deals for at least another month.

Gun control advocates bleating about other bans or laws will keep fanning the embers which will keep some folks paranoid. Plus ammo is still low and inventories are depleted.

What I expect is that as new product comes in and doesn't move you'll see prices tank. Again, I think this is at least a month off.

johnr43 03-21-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steadyshot (Post 1184970)
The prices on black rifles and handguns is dropping. Looks like since the dems have dropped their gun ban crap for now, things are looking better.

Ammo is still a no-go.

Well, that's what it's looking like in my neck of the woods.....

22lr ammo is still skinny but 223/5.56 (especially) and 9mm has increased in availability with price/round slowly going down on http://www.gunbot.net. I guess the Mayan calendar was wrong after all. :D

nitestalker 03-21-2013 06:59 PM

NC1760, It has already started. I was in the LGS yesterday. A fellow came in wanting to sell 250 rounds of .223 for a "Buck" a round. The LGS manager politely declined the ridicules offer.
The LGS manager said the dropping of the AWB and credit card over kill had their phones ringing all day yesterday. This is training for a new generation of gun owners. Join the NRA and don't run with the first Democrat attacks. :cool:

Donn 03-21-2013 07:02 PM

IMHO, till black rifles are as available as they were prior to Newtown, prices will remain high, Granted, panic buying is over, (till next time), but till your LGS has full showcases and extras in the back, don't expect any deals. Was at a show last weekend. More black rifles than I'd seen in months, but prices were still thru the roof.

nitestalker 03-21-2013 07:29 PM

Donn Please. Don't shout at us. We are just "Slow" not deaf. Dealers buy based on future demands. You can expect to see back orders canceled quickly.
The glut of arms and ammunition will occur very soon. Take into consideration the "Hidden" stock piles. Many dealers and distributors held back stock from buyers betting on higher prices. That is called Salting the mines. In the old days of the West a hanging offense. Sometime I think old laws were the best.;)

TaurusUserPT92 03-21-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazedJava

There still some residual effects out there, so I'm not anticipating any sweet deals for at least another month.

Gun control advocates bleating about other bans or laws will keep fanning the embers which will keep some folks paranoid. Plus ammo is still low and inventories are depleted.

What I expect is that as new product comes in and doesn't move you'll see prices tank. Again, I think this is at least a month off.

I can wait another month I've been waiting to buy for 6 :)