Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Prevention of social collapse

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2012, 11:14 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Prevention of social collapse

Alright, sense we ruined a firearms thread let's start a a new thread as another member suggested. I figured this would be the best place to start it. So what do you think people can do to prevent social collapse? I think voting would be the first line of defense.

The Constitution shall never be construed … to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. –Samuel Adams

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-19-2012, 11:58 PM   #2
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Do you get to vote under martial law?

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 03-20-2012, 12:00 AM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

That came to mind. I was going to put that voting wouldn't matter under the circumstances of a collapse. You'd have to get the population to agree and work towards restoring what's been lost.

But to prevent I think thered have to be someone worth while in the white house.

The Constitution shall never be construed … to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. –Samuel Adams

Old 03-20-2012, 01:07 AM   #4

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wi_Hunter556 View Post
I think voting would be the first line of defense.
Voting ... by ignorant, self absorbed and short sighted people is what got us into the mess we are in now!

The first line of defense to prevent a social collapse has to come from the Gov't ... but it won't! So it will have to be at the hand of the people and voting will not cut it

How many Gov'ts throughout history have done the right thing and not run there country into the ground?

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 03-20-2012, 01:14 AM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj

Voting ... by ignorant, self absorbed and short sighted people is what got us into the mess we are in now!

The first line of defense to prevent a social collapse has to come from the Gov't ... but it won't! So it will have to be at the hand of the people and voting will not cut it

How many Gov'ts throughout history have done the right thing and not run there country into the ground?
I agree competely. And not every many.

Society is full of idiots and I think it started in the 60's with these liberal idiots. People say the youth are the future but I look at most of these people my age and its going to suck.

Old 03-20-2012, 01:37 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 968 Times on 619 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wi_Hunter556

I agree competely. And not every many.

Society is full of idiots and I think it started in the 60's with these liberal idiots. People say the youth are the future but I look at most of these people my age and its going to suck.

Especially in Madison, that's why I moved west! I know we can't stop it, we can only delay it. The Bible tells us how it will end!!!!

Psalm 82:4 Rescue the weak and the needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked.

Isaiah 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Old 03-20-2012, 01:45 AM   #7

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I graduated early this year, I couldn't deal with all the idiots in school. Especially with all the students and teachers b*tching about gov walker. I was born up here in northern wi but both my parents were cops in chicago so I went to school down there until 3rd grade. Ever sense then I've bern back at the farm here in wi. Its scary how liberal hayward is. Idk how well I'm going to survive at SIUE for college. I did get accepted to niu and depaul but I be on everybody's sh*t list being conservative and majoring in political science. Id like to go out west and was accepted to und, but I want to be close to my mother in chicago.

All the people I know that go to Madison are lefty nutjobs.

Old 03-20-2012, 02:33 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 386 Times on 200 Posts
Likes Given: 582

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wi_Hunter556 View Post
Alright, sense we ruined a firearms thread let's start a a new thread as another member suggested. I figured this would be the best place to start it. So what do you think people can do to prevent social collapse? I think voting would be the first line of defense.
I've often wondered about responsible voting. If our vote really could make a difference..... would we still be allowed to do it?

Old 03-20-2012, 02:36 AM   #9
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1114 Times on 642 Posts
Likes Given: 523

Until the People stand up to those that think they are in charge ie-Government (Local,State and Federal),and take back the country with the Original Bill of Rights & the Constitution in mind,we will continue to spiral down the path that countries around the world have been doing for a lot longer than us.

The people have allowed the government to become a massive machine,and that machine only wants control of the people now.They have completely forgot what the original documents that our founding fathers thought up,and fought for in order for this country to exist in the first place.

The United States of America is supposed to be For the People,By the People,but our Government thinks it is For the Government,By the Government.
I'm afraid the only way this can be fixed is by the People taking back this country by force,just like it happens else where in the world,when the citizens get fed up with their governments trying to take over their lives.

A Governments duty is to govern,not Rule.

Last edited by Txhillbilly; 03-20-2012 at 02:43 AM.

Old 03-20-2012, 02:37 AM   #10

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJMercer

I've often wondered about responsible voting. If our vote really could make a difference..... would we still be allowed to do it?
No, somebody would put a stop to it or at least try to. Look at the middle east, they weren't able to until the govt was overthrown.