Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Present for me

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2009, 12:54 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3731 Times on 1821 Posts
Likes Given: 13267

Default Present for me

Just a hint fellas, my birthday is coming up.

HULC Videos | Lockheed Martin

:drool:

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-07-2009, 01:38 AM   #2

Liked 32 Times on 27 Posts

Just more crap that will break and end up hindering a solider and not helping them. Why not work on a way to lighten his load and not increase it? By the time you put that on, strap a laptop to his chest and cameras on his helmet filled his backpack with extra batteries for the laptop, radio, GPS, cameras, ammo and skivies he will need a darn fork lift to carry his RUK. It is just stupid I think to come up with some of that crap. That is just me I look at this stuff form a practical stand point.

It is one more thing that I have to A. Take care of. B. pack around. C. keep track of. If you have ever been in the military you know that everything breaks at the most inopportune time. When you are out on an ambush in the middle of the night and you are naving by nothing but a PLGR that is when your battery is going to go dead and leave you high and dry. The night you are moving BSA's is the night your NVG's are going to go out on you leaving you blind driving until you can rip them from your face.

What happens to all that garbage on your outter legs when you have to smash 25 guys in the back of a m113 or BFV? What about when you have to go threw briers them things on the outside of your legs are going to catch and snag on everything.

It looks all cool on that guy because he just hopped out of his $50,000 SUV behind the office and went for a walk. He is not in combat getting his ass shot at and try shoot and scoot diving on to the ground to take cover. Jumping up out of cover to bolt 50 yards to the next cover. I see these lasting aprox 5 minutes max in the REAL WORLD. For hikers and civilians they may be a god send.

Old 04-07-2009, 01:58 AM   #3

Liked 3731 Times on 1821 Posts
Likes Given: 13267

So I take it that you won't be getting me one for my birthday, Cpt?

Way to burst my bubble.

Aside from any practical use in combat - which is very unlikely for the reasons you stated and then some (I prefer stealth, mobility and speed), I think it could come in handy against a zombie horde.

Think of it, the solanum virus spreads like wildfire so a person would need a butt load of ammo. Lugging all the ammo around on the run will get tiring/cumbersome. Being able to carry an additional 200lbs of ammo on the run seems like a bonus.

Or you could get dozens of these units and outfit them to monkeys and make them lug your gear. Just a thought.