Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Premium membership

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2013, 04:10 AM   #111
tips his hat...
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2139 Times on 1344 Posts
Likes Given: 2159

Well I know one thing Trip, you're an extremely intelligent, fast forward thinking young man. But sometimes you let emotions get the best of you. I know, because I've been there. Jealousy ate me alive at one point in my life, and effectively ruined my life for awhile because I couldn't get past it. It ate me up man and it's something that I'll always regret because it affected, negatively, every relationship I dealt with. I'm a lot older now and looking back I realize, none of it was worth it. I'm still me, everyone else is still who they are and they either love me for who I am or they don't, I have no control over it and now I realize, I don't want to. Life is what it is, love is what it is, you can't control it and who would want to? Our realm is to live, not control. Our realm is to love and give our hearts to those that love us back. In return, we give our love to them, especially when we know it's right. Jealousy is just fear Bro and fear really has no place in our lives, now or forever.

Old 03-10-2013, 04:25 AM   #112
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 17008 Times on 9841 Posts
Likes Given: 44254

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocshaman View Post
Well I know one thing Trip, you're an extremely intelligent, fast forward thinking young man. But sometimes you let emotions get the best of you. I know, because I've been there. Jealousy ate me alive at one point in my life, and effectively ruined my life for awhile because I couldn't get past it. It ate me up man and it's something that I'll always regret because it affected, negatively, every relationship I dealt with. I'm a lot older now and looking back I realize, none of it was worth it. I'm still me, everyone else is still who they are and they either love me for who I am or they don't, I have no control over it and now I realize, I don't want to. Life is what it is, love is what it is, you can't control it and who would want to? Our realm is to live, not control. Our realm is to love and give our hearts to those that love us back. In return, we give our love to them, especially when we know it's right. Jealousy is just fear Bro and fear really has no place in our lives, now or forever.
very well said Jim. and very true.

i like Trip and you do know what that feels like. i can consume you and even to a point ruin any relationship you have if not controlled.

thanks to my first wife and similar experiances with her, like Trip had with his wife i understand completely what he's going through. for quite a while, after i divorced my first wife, it caused me to mistrust women and to question their intentions towards me. my first wife like Trips ex, left me a mental wreck and did a lot of emotional damage to me.

it took a very special lady to come into my life and show me that not all women were out to use me, mentally and emotionally. that not all women would treat me like my first wife did. she showed me that i could love and be loved back for who i was and that i deserved better than what i had had in the past. that lies and cheating were not the qualities of a relationship, that love and trust were.

well Trip has found that special person in Cinder and i think he will come to know and understand that Cinder is a totally different lady than his ex and show him what a true relationship is based on. i also believe Trip will make the adjustments needed, and learn that he can love and trust someone again without being used. i know it will take time. it did for me.
Old 03-10-2013, 04:32 AM   #113
tips his hat...
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Yeah, it takes a lot of time, and a lot of thought, One thing is for sure though, no two people are alike... To me, I think Trip has hit the lotto.

Old 03-10-2013, 04:33 AM   #114

Liked 9185 Times on 5049 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocshaman View Post
Yeah, it takes a lot of time, and a lot of thought, One thing is for sure though, no two people are alike... To me, I think Trip has hit the lotto.
Powerball....
Old 03-10-2013, 04:34 AM   #115
tips his hat...
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Right on man!

Old 03-10-2013, 04:34 AM   #116
Civil Disobedience-wherever there is authority, there is a natural inclination to disobedience. Oppression breeds Rebellion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2695 Times on 1508 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Like I don't have plenty of issues. More than anyone knows really. I keep pretty quiet about it. But really, I'm crazy...

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 03-10-2013, 04:36 AM   #117
tips his hat...
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
Like I don't have plenty of issues. More than anyone knows really. I keep pretty quiet about it. But really, I'm crazy...
Well that's fine as long as you don't feel like the lone stranger...
Old 03-10-2013, 04:45 AM   #118

Liked 9185 Times on 5049 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
And like I keep saying, everyone has a past. There are some things that just don't get talked about. I expect to go to my grave not knowing every single detail of every day of your life.

Oh, and the crazy thing? Yeah, I've told you, it's the ones who deny it that you gotta watch out for. The most important women in my life happily admit to being crazy, my mom and two sisters.

Old 03-10-2013, 05:37 PM   #119
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7399 Times on 4276 Posts
Likes Given: 9513

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
And like I keep saying, everyone has a past. There are some things that just don't get talked about. I expect to go to my grave not knowing every single detail of every day of your life.

Oh, and the crazy thing? Yeah, I've told you, it's the ones who deny it that you gotta watch out for. The most important women in my life happily admit to being crazy, my mom and two sisters.
As long as you two know all this stuff going in, and it appears that you do, things will be fine. But the jealousy thing can literally kill a relationship over time even if you recognize its existence early on. It is like alcoholism in that way. People think they can deal with it because they are "functional drunks", or they only tie one on "once in awhile", but that can and will change over time. The lucky ones recognize the problem and stop. The unlucky ones don't recognize it for the problem it is and it gets worse and worse over time.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
People Like This 
Old 03-10-2013, 10:01 PM   #120

Liked 559 Times on 369 Posts

Everybody is damaged to some extent by their parents or by relationships..... nobody escapes unharmed. Its what you take away from those experiences that counts