Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Premium membership (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/premium-membership-85761/)

Jagermeister 03-04-2013 07:55 PM

Premium membership

Ok, what exactly do I get for upgraded to premium? What is the Avatar game exactly? Do I get a hat?:) Thanks.

orangello 03-04-2013 08:15 PM

There is a section of the forum called "the bunker" that is only available to the supporting members (always makes me think "jock strap"). We had a welcome/hospitality goat, but that fell by the wayside; only so many people can share one hospitality goat.
;)

kaido 03-04-2013 08:16 PM

As a paying member you get the satisfaction of knowing you're keeping a location going that let's gun owners from around the world "meet up" and talk about what ever floats their boat. You also get access to some other areas of the forum that, in all honesty, more thought provoking......and strange.

As for the avatar game, you're going to have to pony up the $15.00 in order to find out what that's about. If you don't like being a premium member, it's not even a half tank of gas that you spent.

Sadly there's no hats (yet), but there is a decal that you get sent and cAn stick where ever you'd like to have it.

danf_fl 03-04-2013 08:17 PM

You get let into a lot of things, but no hat.

The goat could enlighten you, but we seem to have lost it for a bit (or somebody is keeping it hostage).
Politics section is opened.
If you are good, someone bakes you cookies.
Depending on your wishes and desires, there are areas that are not normally available to non-members.

Your mailbox increases, Secret Santa could be involved, and I hear that the Phoenix is taking flight again.

Late night poker games, doomed fishing expeditions, and pics that say it all (bunker style).

Is it worth the couple of bucks? Could be. I've been a member for a couple of years and still get surprised by some things.

orangello 03-04-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danf_fl (Post 1163445)
...I've been a member for a couple of years and still get surprised by some things.

That's got to be a Shihan reference. :p

Jagermeister 03-04-2013 08:23 PM

Ok, sounds like a plan. Thanks for your help. Sorry to sound cheap. We federal employees are going to be furloughed 20% of our pay for half a year, so I need to watch my spending. I need to pick and choose. Yet, we give millions to Egypt and Syria(Al Qaeda). Oh my god, four more years!

danf_fl 03-04-2013 08:29 PM

3 years, 10 months.........

orangello 03-04-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danf_fl (Post 1163459)
3 years, 10 months.........

I think that last year is a leap year though.

dango 03-04-2013 08:50 PM

As soon as the weather breaks and I'm healed from all the surgeries , I'll be back at and become an honored supporting member..!

RJMercer 03-05-2013 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaido (Post 1163443)

Sadly there's no hats (yet), but there is a decal that you get sent and cAn stick where ever you'd like to have it.

Hats? I need a hat. Somebody design a hat and pm me. I want one.