Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   potential millionaire? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/potential-millionaire-36453/)

powg 01-05-2011 05:40 AM

potential millionaire?

if a man could write a book....''.how to get your wife to let you buy a new gun''...he would sell every copy............ lol

danf_fl 01-05-2011 08:54 AM

After 31 years of bliss, allow me to provide 2 ways to increase the firearm population in your residence:

1. Buy one every time she buys herself shoes.

2. Buy one anyways. Asking forgiveness is easier on a relationship than begging for permission.

TXnorton 01-05-2011 10:41 AM

The secret is to marry the right woman in the first place, and then treat her well, so that she is happy to see you be happy with a new firearms purchase.

However, finding the right woman can be hard, it took me three attempts to find the best woman in the world!

JonM 01-05-2011 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TXnorton (Post 415486)
The secret is to marry the right woman in the first place, and then treat her well, so that she is happy to see you be happy with a new firearms purchase.

However, finding the right woman can be hard, it took me three attempts to find the best woman in the world!

i agree. getting the right one and not being a douche to her is a real key factor. my wife doesnt care if i buy guns cept when it comes to 50cals she always wants to shoot em. she been asking about the 50GI for a while but i cant bring myself to pay $3k for a 1911.

if there was a place to shoot 50bmg around here we prolly woulda had a barret for her. and she is a ex-hippie girl who never even touched a gun beofre we met hehehehe

c3shooter 01-05-2011 01:08 PM

You, sir, are not buying enough jewelry.

cpttango30 01-05-2011 01:33 PM

I just tell him to shut up about it and get back to the cooking and cleaning. I am not paying you to talk I am paying you to STHU and wash dishes.

dnthmn2004 01-05-2011 02:39 PM

Its called layaway. Use more than one card and cash to pay it off and pay in different increments each time.

Buying jewelry equally expensive as the gun you buy, is useless. She will still be mad. Trying to explain that you didn't have a gun in this caliber is also useless. Comparing your gun collection to her jewelry/clothing hoard won't get you anywhere either.

Dillinger 01-05-2011 02:54 PM

I think there is a running theme. If you treat the woman in your life right, and there are no bills or chores on your end that are left unattended, than getting a new firearm is not a problem.

The key is to find the right one that understands your passion for firearms and you in turn have to tolerate and pretend to enjoy hers.

I can not tell you how many Vince Vaughn movies I have had to sit through, or how many Christmas movies last month ( of which Vince has a f*&king Christmas Movie now, oh the god damn glee :mad: ) but it is worth it when it comes time to get what I want.

By the way, Vince Vaugh can get hit by a bus anytime soon and the world would not miss a beat.

IGETEVEN 01-05-2011 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnthmn2004 (Post 415592)
Its called layaway. Use more than one card and cash to pay it off and pay in different increments each time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 415605)
I think there is a running theme. If you treat the woman in your life right, and there are no bills or chores on your end that are left unattended, than getting a new firearm is not a problem.

The key is to find the right one that understands your passion for firearms and you in turn have to tolerate and pretend to enjoy hers.

Both "QFT!"