Post a photo you've taken. Any photo. - Page 995
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Post a photo you've taken. Any photo.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2013, 02:30 AM   #9941
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9088 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOshooter View Post
You're right it's not the first time i've heard that,the bad part is I can't do what i've done my whole life,i'd been working in heating/cooling industry since I was 14 years old (1978) and a HVAC contractor since 1990 and miss it.

What i'd give to be able to fabricate or hang duct work all day again!!
Because of the flexibility issues? Maybe it is time to be a supervisor or own your own company!

I was an auto mechanic for 20 years and got out of it 10 years ago because of my back. Getting under the dash of a sports car (or any car!) is not good for a bad back!

Old 01-05-2013, 02:48 AM   #9942
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 649 Times on 426 Posts
Likes Given: 1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Because of the flexibility issues? Maybe it is time to be a supervisor or own your own company!

I was an auto mechanic for 20 years and got out of it 10 years ago because of my back. Getting under the dash of a sports car (or any car!) is not good for a bad back!
I couldn't even imagine getting under a dash,I can see how working in and under a car would be tough on the back.

Flexibility is part of my problem along with sciatic nerve pain,after surgery I still have pain through my rear pockets down my legs into my calf and my left foot has been numb since 08' which gives me a balance problem??
I've had my own business since 1990 in the heating/cooling industry working in residential and commercial new const. as well as service....That's what happened to my back.

Old 01-05-2013, 04:16 AM   #9943
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9088 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOshooter View Post
I couldn't even imagine getting under a dash,I can see how working in and under a car would be tough on the back.

Flexibility is part of my problem along with sciatic nerve pain,after surgery I still have pain through my rear pockets down my legs into my calf and my left foot has been numb since 08' which gives me a balance problem??
I've had my own business since 1990 in the heating/cooling industry working in residential and commercial new const. as well as service....That's what happened to my back.
I worked for an Acura dealership and often would have to do underdash work. Those NSX sports cars were a real pain to work on- literally. I was out for a week after working on one once.

I had the sciatica and neuropathy issues for a long time but through the use of supplements and essential oils (both topically and internally) in addition to no longer crawling under dashboards, I am now pretty much pain free and the numbness has been gone for a year and a half now. Just prior to me finding that stuff I was in the middle of scheduling surgery! Dodged a bullet there.

Old 01-05-2013, 11:18 AM   #9944

Liked 649 Times on 426 Posts
Likes Given: 1313

Quote:
I worked for an Acura dealership and often would have to do underdash work. Those NSX sports cars were a real pain to work on- literally. I was out for a week after working on one once.

I had the sciatica and neuropathy issues for a long time but through the use of supplements and essential oils (both topically and internally) in addition to no longer crawling under dashboards, I am now pretty much pain free and the numbness has been gone for a year and a half now. Just prior to me finding that stuff I was in the middle of scheduling surgery! Dodged a bullet there.
Dodging the surgery bullet is always a good thing

Old 01-05-2013, 01:30 PM   #9945

Liked 4570 Times on 2541 Posts
Likes Given: 195

Quote:

This kind of thing makes me happy that I'm so small and flexible. I can curl up under the dash of most cars without a problem.

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 01-05-2013, 01:35 PM   #9946

Liked 2182 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
This kind of thing makes me happy that I'm so small and flexible. I can curl up under the dash of most cars without a problem.
Carefull - lot of perves around here

Old 01-05-2013, 01:55 PM   #9947

Liked 4570 Times on 2541 Posts
Likes Given: 195

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post

Carefull - lot of perves around here
What? No there aren't

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 01-05-2013, 01:56 PM   #9948

Liked 2182 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
What? No there aren't
Oh yeah- forgot= He left

Old 01-05-2013, 02:32 PM   #9949

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post

Oh yeah- forgot= He left
Who left?? I claim to be sewer minded proudly

Old 01-05-2013, 02:35 PM   #9950

Liked 950 Times on 606 Posts
Likes Given: 1072

Another reason I love my IH's...

For the most part I dont have to crawl under anything.. Everythings out in the open, not covered with a bunch of useless crap..
Need to work on something in the dash? Just remove the dash face... Even to work on the transmission I just have to remove the trans cover from inside the cab...

Closed Thread