Post a photo you've taken. Any photo. - Page 949
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Post a photo you've taken. Any photo.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2012, 07:02 PM   #9481
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8810 Times on 5094 Posts
Likes Given: 11483

Quote:
Originally Posted by rurak View Post
24 $ for 4 axles? Holy hell. Is there anything good about California?
That's why I only cross in the no-toll direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
Redwoods and yosemite national park. That's the only reason I wanna go. Maybe to visit Vikingdad, too.
All good reasons!, The redwoods are truly majestic (though I don't hesitate to cut 'em down for lumber- they friggin grow like weeds around here!), there are several impressive groves near me, but the tallest ones pushing 380 feet tall, are up in the North Coast area in Humboldt County. Interestingly there are three recognized types of redwoods, and one, the Coast Redwood, of them is the tallest tree in the world and another one, Giant Sequoia is the largest tree in the world in terms of total biomass. You find the giant sequoia up in the Sierra around Yosemite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rurak View Post
Haha. I used to drive a 4 axle flatbed towing a 4 axle concrete pump and the most I ever paid was 12 $ and that was on the Tobin bridge going into Boston
Yeah, over the last few years they keep upping the toll. I never pay it because I only cross northbound and can generally avoid it without adding mileage to my drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon15man View Post
I don't do toll roads I already pay enough taxes
I with you on that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray View Post
same here, especially whenever you dont have exact change and there is nobody around to help you. what do they expect you to do? "well i better turn around since i dont have exact change" SCREW EM! send me a ticket in the mail, i dont give a sh!t. ive ran through a many toll roads
I just avoid them altogether. We don't have many toll roads out here, they just started toll lanes for commuters and since I don't travel at those times I can avoid them. The bridges are all toll going westbound or northbound except for the Golden Gate which is toll going southbound.

I didn't make the rules, I just take advantage of them.

Old 12-17-2012, 07:07 PM   #9482
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7778 Times on 4669 Posts
Likes Given: 9751

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brennan16 View Post
Attachment 75009

Merry Christmas everyone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brennan16 View Post
Great photos. Thanks.

Old 12-17-2012, 07:11 PM   #9483

Liked 515 Times on 325 Posts
Likes Given: 952

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brennan16

Thank you
A cute picture of Santa's little helper.... :-D

Jeremy

Member: NRA

The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!” – Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 12-18-2012, 02:51 PM   #9484

Liked 1012 Times on 607 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post

That's why I only cross in the no-toll direction.

All good reasons!, The redwoods are truly majestic (though I don't hesitate to cut 'em down for lumber- they friggin grow like weeds around here!), there are several impressive groves near me, but the tallest ones pushing 380 feet tall, are up in the North Coast area in Humboldt County. Interestingly there are three recognized types of redwoods, and one, the Coast Redwood, of them is the tallest tree in the world and another one, Giant Sequoia is the largest tree in the world in terms of total biomass. You find the giant sequoia up in the Sierra around Yosemite.

Yeah, over the last few years they keep upping the toll. I never pay it because I only cross northbound and can generally avoid it without adding mileage to my drive.

I with you on that!

I just avoid them altogether. We don't have many toll roads out here, they just started toll lanes for commuters and since I don't travel at those times I can avoid them. The bridges are all toll going westbound or northbound except for the Golden Gate which is toll going southbound.

I didn't make the rules, I just take advantage of them.
sometimes i just run across them when we travel somewhere, i am anti toll road "bad". i pay enough damn taxes and it irks my ass to no end that we have to pay to drive on a highway. i got iritated a couple of weeks ago, there is a toll booth in bfe not far from my house. we were going to some of my wifes families house and from where we were it would be quicker to go through the toll booth. i told her screw it, i will take the longer way. well she got her way and we went through the toll booth, "this is the part that royally pissed me off". from where i was sitting in the toll booth, the off ramp that i needed to take was literally 3ft passed the booth. i had to pay .75 just to roll 3ft and hit the off ramp.

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 12-18-2012, 03:07 PM   #9485

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:

sometimes i just run across them when we travel somewhere, i am anti toll road "bad". i pay enough damn taxes and it irks my ass to no end that we have to pay to drive on a highway. i got iritated a couple of weeks ago, there is a toll booth in bfe not far from my house. we were going to some of my wifes families house and from where we were it would be quicker to go through the toll booth. i told her screw it, i will take the longer way. well she got her way and we went through the toll booth, "this is the part that royally pissed me off". from where i was sitting in the toll booth, the off ramp that i needed to take was literally 3ft passed the booth. i had to pay .75 just to roll 3ft and hit the off ramp.
Yep, dem injuns tear you a new one going thru your state.

NEVER FORGET

Old 12-18-2012, 05:40 PM   #9486

Quote:
When I was in OK a couple of years ago I made a wrong turn and had to pay a damned toll to turn around right there. Pissed me off to no end.

Old 12-18-2012, 06:56 PM   #9487

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post

Yep, dem injuns tear you a new one going thru your state.
thats no crap! and i dont know where the money is going? the highways were paid for YEARS ago and the conditions of them are always sh!tty. Oklahoma's way of repairing roads is to throw a couple shovels of asphault in a hole and let the vehicles pack it down

Old 12-18-2012, 07:01 PM   #9488

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post

When I was in OK a couple of years ago I made a wrong turn and had to pay a damned toll to turn around right there. Pissed me off to no end.
that same toll booth is in the county where i reside. when i was a deputy there we would sometimes get calls that would make us go through the toll booth. one time i was responding to an assault in progress out that way, i was running code 3 "lights and siren". i briefly stopped at the booth for common courtesy and the lady working it tried to make me pay the toll!!

i told her to pound sand

Old 12-18-2012, 07:09 PM   #9489

Quote:
that same toll booth is in the county where i reside. when i was a deputy there we would sometimes get calls that would make us go through the toll booth. one time i was responding to an assault in progress out that way, i was running code 3 "lights and siren". i briefly stopped at the booth for common courtesy and the lady working it tried to make me pay the toll!!

i told her to pound sand
The one I was at was unmanned so there was nobody to argue with. I was driving the RV with the Jeep behind it, if I was just in a car I might have backed up and cut across the islands but that isn't going to work in a 58 foot rig.

Old 12-18-2012, 11:34 PM   #9490

forumrunner_20121218_173352.jpg

People Like This 
Closed Thread