Post a photo you've taken. Any photo. - Page 832
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Post a photo you've taken. Any photo.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2012, 07:48 PM   #8311
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7315 Times on 4399 Posts
Likes Given: 8971

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
I will be getting a cheapy vacuum because I can't justify buying a Dyson. And no, teachers do not get paid enough.
Okay, ZG. Let me talk some sense into you here. You should get yourself a Dyson and skip the cheapy vacuum. What you spend on a cheap vacuum then having to replace it when it blows up and spend having rugs cleaned because the vacuum didn't clean them well enough, well.....you might as well by yourself the Dyson. I'm not kidding or being sarcastic, either. My sister bought a Kirby vacuum years ago. It was VERY pricey. That sucker has lasted for a good 20 years so far and keeps the rugs cleaner than any cheapy vacuum can. I say bite the bullet and get yourself that Dyson. Didn't you just have your rugs cleaned? Now is the time to do it. Also, I think you might be able to find good 'Christmas deals' on Dysons now. Again, I say, don't waste your money on a cheap vacuum when you could put that money towards a good vacuum that will last you for many years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueguns View Post
Here's a photo..... I find myself burning through ammo pretty fast when I take one of these out.
How does that target work? Is it a self setting target? When I went to visit Stalkingbear, we went to a range that had self setting targets. You shoot all the little targets down then hit the center target and it uprights all the ones that got knocked down. You could shoot forever without getting off your butt to change a paper target or reset anything. It was great fun. And when I was feeling bratty, I'd shoot down or reset 'Bear's targets when he was reloading and not looking. He thought he was going senile. I tried to assure him he was. ROFL
Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 11-17-2012, 07:52 PM   #8312
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8453 Times on 4897 Posts
Likes Given: 11020

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Okay, ZG. Let me talk some sense into you here. You should get yourself a Dyson and skip the cheapy vacuum. What you spend on a cheap vacuum then having to replace it when it blows up and spend having rugs cleaned because the vacuum didn't clean them well enough, well.....you might as well by yourself the Dyson. I'm not kidding or being sarcastic, either. My sister bought a Kirby vacuum years ago. It was VERY pricey. That sucker has lasted for a good 20 years so far and keeps the rugs cleaner than any cheapy vacuum can. I say bite the bullet and get yourself that Dyson. Didn't you just have your rugs cleaned? Now is the time to do it. Also, I think you might be able to find good 'Christmas deals' on Dysons now. Again, I say, don't waste your money on a cheap vacuum when you could put that money towards a good vacuum that will last you for many years.
Yeah, Winds has it nailed here. Don't waste your money of a cheap piece of crap. Get the Dyson and it will probably last the rest of your life. I mean, you wouldn't waste your money on a cheap gun, now would you?

Quote:
How does that target work? Is it a self setting target? When I went to visit Stalkingbear, we went to a range that had self setting targets. You shoot all the little targets down then hit the center target and it uprights all the ones that got knocked down. You could shoot forever without getting off your butt to change a paper target or reset anything. It was great fun. And when I was feeling bratty, I'd shoot down or reset 'Bear's targets when he was reloading and not looking. He thought he was going senile. I tried to assure him he was. ROFL

Old 11-17-2012, 07:53 PM   #8313

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 460

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC167
Came home from work and wife surprised me with this. Sorry for glare.

Smith and Wesson 686.
Sweet...but don't let your guard down. There's a "honey I've been thinking about..." moment in your future.

j/k.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 11-17-2012, 07:56 PM   #8314

Liked 321 Times on 206 Posts
Likes Given: 338

Last edited by AsSeenOnTV; 11-19-2012 at 05:59 AM.
People Like This 
Old 11-17-2012, 08:01 PM   #8315

People Like This 
Old 11-17-2012, 08:02 PM   #8316
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7315 Times on 4399 Posts
Likes Given: 8971

Quote:
Dang. I shouldn't have posted this. Now no one will want to go shooting with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSeenOnTV View Post
I didn't take this one, but coming into this thread sometimes makes me wish I had taken it:

Sorry. I thought that post was kind of mean.

Old 11-17-2012, 08:03 PM   #8317

Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 11-17-2012, 08:04 PM   #8318

Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change
You need a pretty flat surface. There's holes in the base, and they give you these spikes to nail it in the ground with. When it gets hit, the target flips around to the top. It's works the same as the one you were talking about.

-Matt

Old 11-17-2012, 08:22 PM   #8319

Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

My rainy slice of Northern California I call home. Not my best photography, but It'll do for now.

image-3685215264.jpg   image-1577878753.jpg   image-3486011990.jpg  

-Matt

tri70 Likes This 
Old 11-17-2012, 08:27 PM   #8320
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8453 Times on 4897 Posts
Likes Given: 11020

Quote:
Dang. I shouldn't have posted this. Now no one will want to go shooting with me.
Nonsense! If you had been shooting with me you would have gotten the same treatment! Good to know there are others out there with the same sense of humor.

Closed Thread