Post a photo you've taken. Any photo. - Page 741
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Post a photo you've taken. Any photo.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2012, 10:58 PM   #7401
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 321 Times on 206 Posts
Likes Given: 338

Here ya go

Old 10-23-2012, 11:33 PM   #7402

Last edited by AsSeenOnTV; 11-19-2012 at 06:16 AM.
People Like This 
Old 10-24-2012, 12:16 AM   #7403

Liked 540 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 2178

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSeenOnTV View Post
Gello is obviously unaware of my hatred for asinine poachers!

+100 I hate poachers too!

Remember the battle of Athens, TN!

"Work as if you were to live 100 Years, Pray as if you were to die To-morrow." --Benjamin Franklin

AsSeenOnTV Likes This 
Old 10-24-2012, 12:22 AM   #7404

Liked 540 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 2178

Do Chinese restaurants offer a bounty for the 'other'6 white meat?

Remember the battle of Athens, TN!

"Work as if you were to live 100 Years, Pray as if you were to die To-morrow." --Benjamin Franklin

Old 10-24-2012, 12:26 AM   #7405

Liked 206 Times on 154 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
Y'all can give my girl all the hell you want for accidentally killing a cat.

I kill them intentionally when they get on my car, and then I take them to their owner and I explain why I killed it. I've also done this with a dog.

I had a dog get into my garbage. The first time I followed it home and told the owner to come pick up the mess. He did.

The second time I did the same thing. He claimed it wasn't his dog that did it, even though yet again, I followed the same dog to the same house.

The third time, I shot the dog, loaded the garbage and the dog into my truck, and dumped it all on the owner's front porch. I then rang the doorbell and explained myself to the owner who was now upset and crying because it was his prize hunting dog and he'd had it for over ten years.

It's not feasible to simply take a jaunt over to the local Walmart and pick up a garage. Nor is it feasible to have to buy a car cover, and cover/uncover the car everytime you have to go somewhere. Now, if the car were used maybe only once a day, or every other day, that's another story, but when it's your daily driver and you have a job plus errands, and in my case, a kid in school, plus a sister nearby who I visit regularly, plus volunteer time at the school, no, I won't do it, especially over the fact that someone isn't willing to maintain control of their pet.

I've always kept control of my pet, and kept them from violating other people's property, so they can do the same.
I hate to say this, but with this post you slipped down a notch on my respect meter.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:38 AM   #7406
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8269 Times on 4778 Posts
Likes Given: 10693

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Y'all can give my girl all the hell you want for accidentally killing a cat.

I kill them intentionally when they get on my car, and then I take them to their owner and I explain why I killed it. I've also done this with a dog.

I had a dog get into my garbage. The first time I followed it home and told the owner to come pick up the mess. He did.

The second time I did the same thing. He claimed it wasn't his dog that did it, even though yet again, I followed the same dog to the same house.

The third time, I shot the dog, loaded the garbage and the dog into my truck, and dumped it all on the owner's front porch. I then rang the doorbell and explained myself to the owner who was now upset and crying because it was his prize hunting dog and he'd had it for over ten years.

It's not feasible to simply take a jaunt over to the local Walmart and pick up a garage. Nor is it feasible to have to buy a car cover, and cover/uncover the car everytime you have to go somewhere. Now, if the car were used maybe only once a day, or every other day, that's another story, but when it's your daily driver and you have a job plus errands, and in my case, a kid in school, plus a sister nearby who I visit regularly, plus volunteer time at the school, no, I won't do it, especially over the fact that someone isn't willing to maintain control of their pet.

I've always kept control of my pet, and kept them from violating other people's property, so they can do the same.
Wow. I really don't know what to say to this. I think anybody who values things more than life is a monster.

The way I see it there are no bad pets, there are only bad pet owners. Killing a pet because its owner failed in his or her duty is wrong on many different levels.

I do see a difference between a pet that walks on your car and a colony of feral cats. In the latter case I would (and I have) change the situation through trapping, spaying and neutering and releasing them. It has worked many, many times in my personal experience. I can even see in extreme cases shooting feral cats or dogs, but shooting to kill, not to maim. No kill, no shot.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:44 AM   #7407

I hope you are born a cat in your next life, trip286

Old 10-24-2012, 01:10 AM   #7408

Liked 1096 Times on 656 Posts
Likes Given: 55

I heard that we have the Michael Vick of FTF here. It's sad to hear that Trip.

Old 10-24-2012, 01:19 AM   #7409

Liked 2458 Times on 1594 Posts

I will shoot a feral cat if its a problem. There is too da%$ many of them around my area, they gang up on my cat, s%$# in the garden, get in the trash, etc., not to mention they can transmit diseases.

The neighbor cat was causing some problems, so I shot bottle rockets at it multiple times. It learned to stay away. They neighbor (owner) told me multiple times "it wouldn't break his heart if it came up missing", but I knew his wife liked it, so it lives.

I'm not going to bring up the time I waterboarded that feral cat, oh wait, I just did.

Primer out...over.

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 10-24-2012, 01:19 AM   #7410

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Ya know, with all the "respect" I've recently lost here over some petty bull **** or another, I really don't give a flying **** what y'all think about my killing pets.

For one, it's not like I go hunting them down, and their owners get fair warning well before it happens. So... whatever.

I've had a dog killed by an *******. Two actually. One was by a jerk shooting across my property line specifically to kill my dog, because the dog barked and scared a deer he was watching and getting ready to shoot. I got pissed, took matters into my own hands, ended up paying for it later.

The other was by a guy who told me that if the dog chased his horses again, he'd shoot it. I got complacent, the dog got dead. Then I got a shovel. I shed a few tears, and felt sorry for the dog. I was to blame for the dog dying. And she was a good dog. She just liked chasing horses. Horses can cost up to millions of dollars on the extreme high end. These were worth about a grand each. He was justified in killing it.

So. If any of y'all have that much of a problem over me killing someone pet, a pet that's causing property damage, and after their owner has been warned, you can just keep having a problem. I've been on both ends, justly and unjustly

Closed Thread