Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Post a photo you've taken. Any photo.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2012, 09:36 PM   #7381
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

echo, echo, echooooooo

I think a flour bomb would be very suitable, funny, easy to clean up, and a message to the owners that kitty may be happier indoors.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 10-23-2012, 09:44 PM   #7382

Liked 2353 Times on 1530 Posts

Shoot it in the but with a paintball gun. It will hurt like hell, but not hurt it. The neighbor might take it as a hint.

By the way, I trained my cat to stay off the vehicles. I trained it to know if I hiss, it screwed up. I then held it over the hood and hissed after I found her prints. It took a couple times but it caught on. It now lives in the garage and never gets on vehicles.

If you think cats aren't trainable, look online. Many examples, jumping through hoops, toilet training, etc.

Feral cat waterboarder

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 10-23-2012, 09:58 PM   #7383
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6559 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Yes, you are correct that a person has a responsibility for their pets, but your comparison of a dog mauling a person to a cat walking on a car- that is just absurd. First of all, dogs can be trained (and a dog that mauls somebody is being trained in some way to do just that!) whereas cats are nearly untrainable. You might get one to stay off the kitchen counter when you are in the room, but you walk out of the room and all bets are off as far as that cat is concerned.

I agree that the cat should be kept inside, but it wasn't. Talk to the neighbor maybe? Tell them that their cat is a problem? Maybe use the water gun with ammonia in it to deter the cat? Or if it persists in being a problem, trap it in a live trap and turn it in to animal control and have them deal with it?

But shooting it? That is not among the top ten "solutions". Cinder says she is remorseful and that is good, but I am saddened that anybody would endorse what she did as the correct course of action.

I am not particularly fond of cats, but I do not like seeing them come to harm either.
I wasn't trying to compare a mauling to walking on a car, just say that anything and everything a pet does is the owner's responsibility. I also never meant for my post to sound like killing the cat was a good thing. It's not, and I wouldn't. As already said, that was a complete accident.

As for the training thing, you'd be surprised. We trained our cat to come when called.

Old 10-23-2012, 10:23 PM   #7384

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Y'all can give my girl all the hell you want for accidentally killing a cat.

I kill them intentionally when they get on my car, and then I take them to their owner and I explain why I killed it. I've also done this with a dog.

I had a dog get into my garbage. The first time I followed it home and told the owner to come pick up the mess. He did.

The second time I did the same thing. He claimed it wasn't his dog that did it, even though yet again, I followed the same dog to the same house.

The third time, I shot the dog, loaded the garbage and the dog into my truck, and dumped it all on the owner's front porch. I then rang the doorbell and explained myself to the owner who was now upset and crying because it was his prize hunting dog and he'd had it for over ten years.

It's not feasible to simply take a jaunt over to the local Walmart and pick up a garage. Nor is it feasible to have to buy a car cover, and cover/uncover the car everytime you have to go somewhere. Now, if the car were used maybe only once a day, or every other day, that's another story, but when it's your daily driver and you have a job plus errands, and in my case, a kid in school, plus a sister nearby who I visit regularly, plus volunteer time at the school, no, I won't do it, especially over the fact that someone isn't willing to maintain control of their pet.

I've always kept control of my pet, and kept them from violating other people's property, so they can do the same.

Old 10-23-2012, 10:28 PM   #7385
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

^^^ It isn't that hard to dig a moat, rent a few gators, and cover with sawdust. C'mon

Next thing, people will be so tolerant of lazy, shiftless, lying politicians, that they give up on tarring and feathering them.

dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 10-23-2012, 10:29 PM   #7386

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Honestly, I would like to find a politician on my car too.

Old 10-23-2012, 10:31 PM   #7387

Liked 321 Times on 206 Posts
Likes Given: 338

Last edited by AsSeenOnTV; 11-19-2012 at 06:16 AM.
Mosin Likes This 
Old 10-23-2012, 10:31 PM   #7388

Liked 480 Times on 329 Posts

Do want!
Masterpiece arms MPAR with machined aluminum side folding stock.
t2_22320assem201-tfb.jpeg

Old 10-23-2012, 10:32 PM   #7389
Civil Disobedience-wherever there is authority, there is a natural inclination to disobedience. Oppression breeds Rebellion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3022 Times on 1689 Posts
Likes Given: 128

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello
^^^ It isn't that hard to dig a moat, rent a few gators, and cover with sawdust. C'mon

Next thing, people will be so tolerant of lazy, shiftless, lying politicians, that they give up on tarring and feathering them.
Haha, I think I might just build a moat around my house...

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

orangello Likes This 
Old 10-23-2012, 10:37 PM   #7390
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSeenOnTV View Post
Dang! I could pop those without even leaving the car...well, the other motorists might not like furry speedbumps, but still, why isn't the cameraperson filming from a gunmount?!? Heck, maybe just kneecap the three of them and let them fight the traffic that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
Haha, I think I might just build a moat around my house...
I understand a decorative moat can add quite a bit to the value of a home, maybe even with some rubber duckies. Although, using rubber duckies might be considered "poaching" like hunting over corn.

jjfuller1 Likes This 
Closed Thread