Post a photo you've taken. Any photo. - Page 738
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Post a photo you've taken. Any photo.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2012, 09:58 PM   #7371
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3757 Times on 2083 Posts
Likes Given: 168

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello

Perhaps it was holding a target, like a playing card? Perhaps soooooomebody should've used a water gun with a bit of amonia in the water before condemning themselves to a life of rodent infestations.
I was trying to scare it with a bb gun, I didn't want to shoot it... My aim is much better these days. It wasn't the first time it had climbed on my car. That is a capital offense, you don't mess with my car.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 10-23-2012, 10:00 PM   #7372
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

Aim a gun at an animal and you intend to kill it. That's one of the basic premises of firearms ownership (including a pellet gun). Shooting an animal in the butt is intentionally maiming an animal and a monstrous act.

Yup. There are simple and easy ways to deter cats. Or maybe get a dog? The cats don't come around when my dogs are out.
I have a dog but I can't just let him run around my front yard. If I have to keep my dig fenced in, they should have to keep their damn cats inside. I don't let my dog abuse their personal property.

Old 10-23-2012, 10:03 PM   #7373
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8839 Times on 5115 Posts
Likes Given: 11538

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
I have a dog but I can't just let him run around my front yard. If I have to keep my dig fenced in, they should have to keep their damn cats inside. I don't let my dog abuse their personal property.
It doesn't excuse killing it. Your car be damned. Get a car cover or a garage for Pete's sake.

Old 10-23-2012, 10:10 PM   #7374

Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
It doesn't excuse killing it. Your car be damned. Get a car cover or a garage for Pete's sake.
Isn't it the neighbor's duty to take responsibility for their pets? If a dog mauls someone, do you get mad at the dog's owner, or the victim for going outside? You shouldn't have to buy a cover, or build a garage because of a neighbor's pet. Besides, she said she didn't intend to actually shoot it.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:11 PM   #7375
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

It wasn't intentional and I really felt horrible about it.

Old 10-23-2012, 10:22 PM   #7376
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
I think a moat around the car would be more entertaining, perhaps covered with a fine layer of sawdust, not a deep moat mind you just enough to cover kitty in a layer of moist sawdust.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

People Like This 
Old 10-23-2012, 10:26 PM   #7377

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
Isn't it the neighbor's duty to take responsibility for their pets? If a dog mauls someone, do you get mad at the dog's owner, or the victim for going outside? You shouldn't have to buy a cover, or build a garage because of a neighbor's pet. Besides, she said she didn't intend to actually shoot it.
Yes, you are correct that a person has a responsibility for their pets, but your comparison of a dog mauling a person to a cat walking on a car- that is just absurd. First of all, dogs can be trained (and a dog that mauls somebody is being trained in some way to do just that!) whereas cats are nearly untrainable. You might get one to stay off the kitchen counter when you are in the room, but you walk out of the room and all bets are off as far as that cat is concerned.

I agree that the cat should be kept inside, but it wasn't. Talk to the neighbor maybe? Tell them that their cat is a problem? Maybe use the water gun with ammonia in it to deter the cat? Or if it persists in being a problem, trap it in a live trap and turn it in to animal control and have them deal with it?

But shooting it? That is not among the top ten "solutions". Cinder says she is remorseful and that is good, but I am saddened that anybody would endorse what she did as the correct course of action.

I am not particularly fond of cats, but I do not like seeing them come to harm either.

Old 10-23-2012, 10:31 PM   #7378
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
But shooting it? That is not among the top ten "solutions". Cinder says she is remorseful and that is good, but I am saddened that anybody would endorse what she did as the correct course of action.

I am not particularly fond of cats, but I do not like seeing them come to harm either.
Now, i LOVE cats in all their furry demonic splendor, but i am NOT saying that there is no occasion in which shooting a cat would be justified, only that pawprints on a car don't meet the shooting threshold, In My Opinion. Now if that cat has your cat in its mouth, fire away and stick up for your home team pet.

Pawprints are more of a hosing down, powder coating, or terrifying with loud sounds level offense.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 10-23-2012, 10:34 PM   #7379

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
Yes, you are correct that a person has a responsibility for their pets, but your comparison of a dog mauling a person to a cat walking on a car- that is just absurd. First of all, dogs can be trained (and a dog that mauls somebody is being trained in some way to do just that!) whereas cats are nearly untrainable. You might get one to stay off the kitchen counter when you are in the room, but you walk out of the room and all bets are off as far as that cat is concerned.

I agree that the cat should be kept inside, but it wasn't. Talk to the neighbor maybe? Tell them that their cat is a problem? Maybe use the water gun with ammonia in it to deter the cat? Or if it persists in being a problem, trap it in a live trap and turn it in to animal control and have them deal with it?

Old 10-23-2012, 10:35 PM   #7380

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Now, i LOVE cats in all their furry demonic splendor, but i am NOT saying that there is no occasion in which shooting a cat would be justified, only that pawprints on a car don't meet the shooting threshold, In My Opinion. Now if that cat has your cat in its mouth, fire away and stick up for your home team pet.

Pawprints are more of a hosing down, powder coating, or terrifying with loud sounds level offense.
Firecrackers! That would work! (probably should not be lit while cat is standing on the paint though, as scratches might result).

Closed Thread