Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Post a photo you've taken. Any photo.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2012, 01:49 AM   #6991
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1098 Times on 713 Posts
Likes Given: 626

thanks...kodak m341 digital. 12.2 megapixal..

when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 10-11-2012, 02:05 AM   #6992

Liked 48 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfuller1
thanks...kodak m341 digital. 12.2 megapixal..
Does it have an "M" setting? The lower f-stop number you can get will give you the definite point of focus (depth of field).
image-3666220533.jpg  

Old 10-11-2012, 02:10 AM   #6993
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1098 Times on 713 Posts
Likes Given: 626

Quote:
Originally Posted by B5Dan View Post
Does it have an "M" setting? The lower f-stop number you can get will give you the definite point of focus (depth of field).
i'll have to play and check it.
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 10-11-2012, 03:07 AM   #6994

Liked 2371 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Getting the pocket stuff ready for my trip to myrtle beach. Hope 4 mags is plenty, I gave two away like a dumbass.

image-1789751944.jpg  

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 10-11-2012, 03:40 AM   #6995

Liked 643 Times on 398 Posts
Likes Given: 219

Quote:
Originally Posted by donthav1 View Post
you could make good money doing that up here, but you'd probably hafta sleep in your car for awhile. pretty much NO housing in the western part of the state, alot of people commuting up to 100 miles one way for their oil field jobs.

plus the real estate market up here is just ridiculous right now, stuff that was selling for $150K ten years ago is selling for $300K now
I believe it. Im sure some of the guys even live out of state and only come up for their hitch. I met one guy when I was in TX that worked offshore and commuted from CA. But I guess when ya work 21/21 or whatever ya can live pretty much anywhere.

“Every person's life is theirs by right. An individual's life can and must belong only to to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave.”

“If you are unwilling to defend your right to your own lives, then you are merely like mice trying to argue with owls. You think their ways are wrong. They think you are dinner.”

“Pity for the guilty is treason to the innocent."

“Not everyone is willing to embrace liberty; liberty requires not just effort, but risk. Some people choose to delude themselves and see their chains as protective armor.”

Old 10-11-2012, 03:58 AM   #6996
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7744 Times on 4473 Posts
Likes Given: 9995

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturnsdale View Post
I believe it. Im sure some of the guys even live out of state and only come up for their hitch. I met one guy when I was in TX that worked offshore and commuted from CA. But I guess when ya work 21/21 or whatever ya can live pretty much anywhere.
I had a buddy who worked offshore (underwater welder) and he made real good money. He commuted from CA. Not sure what his schedule was though.

Old 10-11-2012, 04:06 AM   #6997

From what Ive heard they are kinda like rig welders on land rigs. They go when and where they are called. There isnt a set schedule.

“Every person's life is theirs by right. An individual's life can and must belong only to to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave.”

“If you are unwilling to defend your right to your own lives, then you are merely like mice trying to argue with owls. You think their ways are wrong. They think you are dinner.”

“Not everyone is willing to embrace liberty; liberty requires not just effort, but risk. Some people choose to delude themselves and see their chains as protective armor.”

Old 10-11-2012, 04:27 AM   #6998

Liked 97 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturnsdale
From what Ive heard they are kinda like rig welders on land rigs. They go when and where they are called. There isnt a set schedule.
Any need for a cast iron welder? I worked 20 yrs for CAT, the last 10 I stick welded blocks and heads.

Old 10-11-2012, 04:31 AM   #6999

There isn't a whole lot of cast on a drilling rig that needs to be fixed on location. But if you can weld cast you can weld mild. Even, from what Ive heard about offshore, anything cast is sent to town to be fixed.

The further you get from the borehole, the less money you make. So while Im sure that there are shops out there that do a lot of cast, the pay wont likely be any higher than anyplace else in the states.

Old 10-11-2012, 04:34 AM   #7000

Liked 97 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturnsdale
There isn't a whole lot of cast on a drilling rig that needs to be fixed on location. But if you can weld cast you can weld mild. Even, from what Ive heard about offshore, anything cast is sent to town to be fixed.

The further you get from the borehole, the less money you make. So while Im sure that there are shops out there that do a lot of cast, the pay wont likely be any higher than anyplace else in the states.
Gotchya! Not much call for it in Smallville MS either! Lol

Closed Thread