Post a photo you've taken. Any photo. - Page 689
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Post a photo you've taken. Any photo.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2012, 04:38 PM   #6881
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2143 Times on 1344 Posts
Likes Given: 2160

Those days are long gone around here. Think the last time we had it done was back in the mid 80's. There are probably places around the country that still offer that service though.

Old 10-07-2012, 04:54 PM   #6882
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 334 Times on 192 Posts
Likes Given: 602

Quote:
Originally Posted by fupuk

I know they are buells but what models? Im on my phone and the picture isnt that big. Im guessing a blast and ulysses?
you are correct

Member: GOA, NRA

"Nil desperandum (never despair) is a model for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it.” - Samuel Adams

Old 10-07-2012, 07:09 PM   #6883
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1816 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Finally found my old boots to wear to the concert on Thursday...

image-2713654063.jpg

Old 10-07-2012, 07:34 PM   #6884

Liked 561 Times on 371 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturnsdale
I wish we had someone like that around here. The refrigerated truck would be wonderful. good to get the heat off the meat quicker. I like to just wait until it freezes out to start processing mine. But also like fresh meat, so we will butcher some during the spring so ya don't get that taste from having them frozen too long.
I saw something like that on the discovery channel on dirty jobs. I dont think it was refrigerated but they came and killed/butchered the animal right on your property and they would even take the entrails if you wanted. I thought it was pretty cool. They had an old bread truck modified for it.

Last edited by rurak; 10-07-2012 at 07:39 PM.

Old 10-07-2012, 07:38 PM   #6885

Liked 643 Times on 398 Posts
Likes Given: 219

Thats pretty cool. But the only reason Id want someone to butcher my food is so I could have it cooled more quickly than in open air. If there was someone in my area that had the freezer thing I would definitely have them come over during the spring and summer months. Getting that heat off the meat quick is really important.

Getting rid of the guts would be nice. But it makes good for feeding B.A.R.F to the dogs.

“Every person's life is theirs by right. An individual's life can and must belong only to to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave.”

“If you are unwilling to defend your right to your own lives, then you are merely like mice trying to argue with owls. You think their ways are wrong. They think you are dinner.”

“Pity for the guilty is treason to the innocent."

“Not everyone is willing to embrace liberty; liberty requires not just effort, but risk. Some people choose to delude themselves and see their chains as protective armor.”

Old 10-07-2012, 07:46 PM   #6886

Liked 561 Times on 371 Posts

Forgive my ignorance but whats b.a.r.f.?

Old 10-07-2012, 07:51 PM   #6887

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Biologically Appropriate Raw Food

Old 10-07-2012, 07:53 PM   #6888

I don't remember exactly what it stands for. But its a form of a raw diet for dogs. I think it first got its name because it looks like barf.

We clean the intestines, stomach, heart, lungs, etc, as well as the unchoice meats from animals and mix it in with pureed greens and what not.

Since switching to feeding raw Ive found my dogs live longer, and require fewer vet visits. They digest the food better, and enjoy it more.

Heck, leave your dog's poo in the yard and count how many days it takes for it to vanish from decompisition. On B.A.R.F within a few hours it is dried out and a few days it has turned to ash.it.

Edit: Found it. Biologically Appropriate Raw Food or Bones And Raw Food. The name was coined by a lady named Barbra Tripp, and apparently originally meant. "Born Again Raw Feeders."

“Every person's life is theirs by right. An individual's life can and must belong only to to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave.”

“If you are unwilling to defend your right to your own lives, then you are merely like mice trying to argue with owls. You think their ways are wrong. They think you are dinner.”

“Not everyone is willing to embrace liberty; liberty requires not just effort, but risk. Some people choose to delude themselves and see their chains as protective armor.”

Last edited by Eturnsdale; 10-07-2012 at 07:58 PM.

Old 10-07-2012, 08:12 PM   #6889

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturnsdale View Post
I don't remember exactly what it stands for. But its a form of a raw diet for dogs. I think it first got its name because it looks like barf.

We clean the intestines, stomach, heart, lungs, etc, as well as the unchoice meats from animals and mix it in with pureed greens and what not.

Since switching to feeding raw Ive found my dogs live longer, and require fewer vet visits. They digest the food better, and enjoy it more.

Heck, leave your dog's poo in the yard and count how many days it takes for it to vanish from decompisition. On B.A.R.F within a few hours it is dried out and a few days it has turned to ash.it.

Edit: Found it. Biologically Appropriate Raw Food or Bones And Raw Food. The name was coined by a lady named Barbra Tripp, and apparently originally meant. "Born Again Raw Feeders."
Where I used to live it wasn't uncommon for my bluetick hounds to come back to the house dragging behind a deer head and spine in tow. Nasty stuff.

Old 10-07-2012, 08:18 PM   #6890

My boys have free roam. If they want to go outside they do. Ive found a mess of dead coyote, rabbit, squirrels and coon. Never a deer, other than scraps left by a hunter that leases a small bit of our land. Even with as fast as they are I doubt they could chase one down and kill it.

If Im sure they killed it, I dont stop them from eating it. But if I think they are eating carrion I stop them.

Last edited by Eturnsdale; 10-07-2012 at 08:21 PM.

Closed Thread