Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Post a photo you've taken. Any photo.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2012, 04:19 AM   #6701
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3680 Times on 1756 Posts
Likes Given: 619

Deckies...

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 10-03-2012, 04:22 AM   #6702

Liked 123 Times on 75 Posts

Don Knots...

Old 10-03-2012, 04:30 AM   #6703

Liked 2371 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturnsdale

Ok. Was just curious. Do ya know if it is ever used for anything? Inch and an eighth properly slung on a straight leg if its hard lay, ought to be rated for IIRC 16,000. But ya'd need a seven clips evenly spaced at nine inches and properly torqued. Out there we had to deal with the Coast Guard and MMS, even if it was never used for anything other than tying a lanyard to so you don't fall from one deck to another or to stop you from sliding across the deck in bad weather, it had to be properly slung for the ropes SWL.

I don't guess it really matters. It just caught my eye.
It's what we use to wire barges. Either a two part of 3 part wire. Very strong wire.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 10-03-2012, 04:31 AM   #6704

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin
Deckies...
Yep. Mate actually. Deck boss.

Oh dern....

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 10-03-2012, 04:32 AM   #6705

Liked 643 Times on 398 Posts
Likes Given: 219

Well, it was feeding day, and I thought Id post a few pictures of my baby girl fluffy. We're gonna have to move up to gigantic rats here soon. Even after a rat and a mouse she is still hunting for food.

fluffy1.jpg   eatingratsnow.jpg   fatfluffy.jpg  

“Every person's life is theirs by right. An individual's life can and must belong only to to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave.”

“If you are unwilling to defend your right to your own lives, then you are merely like mice trying to argue with owls. You think their ways are wrong. They think you are dinner.”

“Pity for the guilty is treason to the innocent."

“Not everyone is willing to embrace liberty; liberty requires not just effort, but risk. Some people choose to delude themselves and see their chains as protective armor.”

Old 10-03-2012, 04:34 AM   #6706

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post
It's what we use to wire barges. Either a two part of 3 part wire. Very strong wire.
I am assuming that ya are using the same standard as all the other industries out there? Anyway. Its been so long since I did any rigging that my mind might be rusty. I could be remembering things wrong. It just didn't look slung right. But Im sure it is. Sorry.

“Every person's life is theirs by right. An individual's life can and must belong only to to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave.”

“If you are unwilling to defend your right to your own lives, then you are merely like mice trying to argue with owls. You think their ways are wrong. They think you are dinner.”

“Not everyone is willing to embrace liberty; liberty requires not just effort, but risk. Some people choose to delude themselves and see their chains as protective armor.”

Last edited by Eturnsdale; 10-03-2012 at 04:37 AM.

Old 10-03-2012, 04:39 AM   #6707

Quote:

I am assuming that ya are using the same standard as all the other industries out there? Anyway. Its been so long since I did any rigging that my mind might be rusty. I could be remembering things wrong. It just didn't look slung right. But Im sure it is. Sorry.
We have no place in that. That's how they come to us. It could be or not I'm clueless as to the proper install of them. I just know how lay tem to hold barges in lol

Oh dern....

Old 10-03-2012, 04:45 AM   #6708

so they just come from the distributer already slung with the clips?

Sorry, ya got me curious now.

Old 10-03-2012, 04:48 AM   #6709

Quote:
so they just come from the distributer already slung with the clips?

Sorry, ya got me curious now.
They end up at a shipyard normally in the gulf, they put them on. It's fairly new up here to us, just started showing up in the last 6 months or so. Some you can beat the clip with a pick and move them, to remove the wire.

Oh dern....

Old 10-03-2012, 04:56 AM   #6710

Liked 3680 Times on 1756 Posts
Likes Given: 619

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater

Yep. Mate actually. Deck boss.
Where'd you go to school?

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Closed Thread