Post a photo you've taken. Any photo. - Page 628
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Post a photo you've taken. Any photo.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2012, 01:49 PM   #6271
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 206 Times on 154 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturnsdale

Thank you.

And, Im having a few people over this afternoon so I decided to smoke some ribs. They've only been cooking for a half hour, so they probably don't look all that tasty yet. Give em about six more hours. You will be able to eat the bone.
Those are looking good, but if your having 6 people over. I hope 5 are vegetarian

Old 09-15-2012, 01:53 PM   #6272

Liked 2465 Times on 1600 Posts

Quote:
Well, all the talk of welding the other week made me want to practice my TIG. So here it is.
Nice beads. I definitely need to practice my aluminium. I spent two hours on tool steel last night.

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 09-15-2012, 03:51 PM   #6273

Liked 643 Times on 398 Posts
Likes Given: 219

Quote:
Originally Posted by kycol View Post
Those are looking good, but if your having 6 people over. I hope 5 are vegetarian
There is eight pounds of ribs in that grill. I don't know about you, but my five foot five hundred and five pound frame can't eat that much, neither can my five eight one twenty SO. Add in the slaw, potato salad, chips, shrimp, and corn and you have a lot of food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
Nice beads. I definitely need to practice my aluminium. I spent two hours on tool steel last night.
Thank you. I don't get to mess with tool steel much. All the stuff we use at work is mild steel and all but repair is MIG. I do TIG some hardened when the guy up the road wants targets made. But that is infrequent at best.

“Every person's life is theirs by right. An individual's life can and must belong only to to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave.”

“If you are unwilling to defend your right to your own lives, then you are merely like mice trying to argue with owls. You think their ways are wrong. They think you are dinner.”

“Pity for the guilty is treason to the innocent."

“Not everyone is willing to embrace liberty; liberty requires not just effort, but risk. Some people choose to delude themselves and see their chains as protective armor.”

Last edited by Eturnsdale; 09-15-2012 at 03:54 PM.

Old 09-15-2012, 04:36 PM   #6274

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:

There is eight pounds of ribs in that grill. I don't know about you, but my five foot five hundred and five pound frame can't eat that much, neither can my five eight one twenty SO. Add in the slaw, potato salad, chips, shrimp, and corn and you have a lot of food.

Thank you. I don't get to mess with tool steel much. All the stuff we use at work is mild steel and all but repair is MIG. I do TIG some hardened when the guy up the road wants targets made. But that is infrequent at best.
Your five foot and five hundred and five pounds?

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 09-15-2012, 04:42 PM   #6275
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1816 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray

I think she said 5'5 and 105 pounds.
Old 09-15-2012, 04:59 PM   #6276

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
I think she said 5'5 and 105 pounds.
Correct. I guess I should have put a comma in there someplace.

“Every person's life is theirs by right. An individual's life can and must belong only to to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave.”

“If you are unwilling to defend your right to your own lives, then you are merely like mice trying to argue with owls. You think their ways are wrong. They think you are dinner.”

“Not everyone is willing to embrace liberty; liberty requires not just effort, but risk. Some people choose to delude themselves and see their chains as protective armor.”

Old 09-15-2012, 05:24 PM   #6277

About half way done. I don't add any BBQ sauce until the very end. A lot of folks have said that they prefer my ribs without any anyway.

img_0958.jpg  

Old 09-15-2012, 05:34 PM   #6278

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts

Didn't know we had grammar police on this forum.

Years ago when I'd pick up BBQ for the family, I had one son that preferred ham, one that wanted chicken, I liked hot links, sliced beef & ribs & my wife preferred ribs. So I started out getting 1 pound each of chicken, ham, hot link & beef & 2 pounds ribs. Ended up I didn't get any ribs & my wife complained about not getting enough ribs, so I added 2 more pounds of ribs. I think I got 2 little ribs out of that! When I finally got to the point of getting 10 lbs of ribs, I finally got some! She weighed about 120.

Old 09-15-2012, 05:50 PM   #6279
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7132 Times on 4293 Posts
Likes Given: 8663

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturnsdale View Post
About half way done. I don't add any BBQ sauce until the very end. A lot of folks have said that they prefer my ribs without any anyway.
Those look good. I don't add the barbecue sauce until the last 20 minutes or so, either. And it's got to be Sweet Baby Ray's. My brother said he doesn't like Sweet Baby Ray's because it has too much sugar in it and it burns. I told him he's putting it on too soon but he doesn't listen to me. I'm just the 'baby sister". He uses Open Pit.
Open Pit doesn't have any flavour in my opinion.

Old 09-15-2012, 05:53 PM   #6280
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7132 Times on 4293 Posts
Likes Given: 8663

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturnsdale View Post
There is eight pounds of ribs in that grill. Add in the slaw, potato salad, chips, shrimp, and corn and you have a lot of food.
That's plenty of food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray View Post

Closed Thread