Post a photo you've taken. Any photo. - Page 603
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Post a photo you've taken. Any photo.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2012, 05:09 AM   #6021
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6577 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
Yeah a few times but she landed back on her tires which was appreciated.
Those rollovers can be scary as hell. I was in one a long time ago (early 2000s), and we managed to make it out without serious harm. We ended up resting upside down though.

Old 09-03-2012, 05:11 AM   #6022
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9209 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper22

That, or a rogue dragon attack from the heavens.
Someone say dragon? Come, Ragnarok, tonight we ride!
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 09-03-2012, 05:12 AM   #6023
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1819 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker

Those rollovers can be scary as hell. I was in one a long time ago (early 2000s), and we managed to make it out without serious harm. We ended up resting upside down though.
It was interesting, like slow motion. They say if you have an accident you should try to relax because you get hurt worse if you tighten all of your muscles........As soon as I was hit I relaxed. I chipped a tooth and have herniated discs in my neck. Could have been worse. When I got out some lady ran over to the car and said " Girl, I thought you were dead".

Old 09-03-2012, 06:10 AM   #6024
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6577 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
It was interesting, like slow motion. They say if you have an accident you should try to relax because you get hurt worse if you tighten all of your muscles........As soon as I was hit I relaxed. I chipped a tooth and have herniated discs in my neck. Could have been worse. When I got out some lady ran over to the car and said " Girl, I thought you were dead".
Yep, I remember the slow motion thing. That was freaky. The relaxing thing is true too. That is why when a drunk person wrecks their car, they are likely to survive. Their body is already relaxed, so the crash is not near as bad as it should be for them.

Old 09-03-2012, 12:27 PM   #6025

Liked 245 Times on 180 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl

I went through the guard rail on an old wooden bridge the truck landed upside down on the rail road tracks some 40 feet below. As you said it was like slow motion as if time had actually slowed down. I always felt like the hand of God took hold and let it down gently. I walked away without a scratch, but I was a little sore the next day. I wasn't the one driving, and he did not know the road like I did and he ignored my yelling for him to slow down. It was an old wooden bridge that the road made a 90 degree turn at both ends. He didn't walk away but he did survive. This was in a big Coca-Cola route truck.

Old 09-03-2012, 01:05 PM   #6026

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kycol

I went through the guard rail on an old wooden bridge the truck landed upside down on the rail road tracks some 40 feet below. As you said it was like slow motion as if time had actually slowed down. I always felt like the hand of God took hold and let it down gently. I walked away without a scratch, but I was a little sore the next day. I wasn't the one driving, and he did not know the road like I did and he ignored my yelling for him to slow down. It was an old wooden bridge that the road made a 90 degree turn at both ends. He didn't walk away but he did survive. This was in a big Coca-Cola route truck.
Least you had plenty to drink while you waited for emergency services....lol jk.

I've never rolled anything, other than my atv. But my little brother rolled his Ford Taurus a couple years ago and my brother in law ran a stop sign and clipped a car, truck (91 F150) ended up on its driver side.

I once witnessed a tractor trailer rollover on the interstate in front of me, driver came down the ramp at nearly 50 mph on a ramp with a speed limit of 25 mph.
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 09-03-2012, 01:26 PM   #6027
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1227 Times on 802 Posts
Likes Given: 789

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertb6112 View Post
Is the first picture a Parker hale?
mmm no. i couldnt remember what pic it was. but i couldnt find it.. the name you say does not ring a bell
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 09-03-2012, 01:47 PM   #6028
CGO

Liked 11 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 47

This is one road that you sure don't want to be driving a semi. Noel,MO
b-day-dinner-003.jpg  

Old 09-03-2012, 02:13 PM   #6029

Liked 32 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 48

A few pics of our two day trip to the Helvetinjärvi and Seitseminen national parks. Did a short hike and some rappelling at Helvetinjärvi and spent the night at Seitseminen. I'll post more pics and possibly a video when my friends get theirs uploaded. Took these with my phone so the quality isn't too good.

Helvetinjärvi (Hell's Lake) scenery

Seitseminen

Old 09-03-2012, 02:35 PM   #6030
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2472 Times on 1324 Posts
Likes Given: 879

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleksiR View Post
A few pics of our two day trip to the Helvetinjärvi and Seitseminen national parks. Did a short hike and some rappelling at Helvetinjärvi and spent the night at Seitseminen. I'll post more pics and possibly a video when my friends get theirs uploaded. Took these with my phone so the quality isn't too good.

Helvetinjärvi (Hell's Lake) scenery

Seitseminen

That is pretty. Where is that?

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Closed Thread