Post a photo you've taken. Any photo. - Page 557
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Post a photo you've taken. Any photo.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2012, 11:00 PM   #5561
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Came to work and found this. At least it's just a little leak, practically a trickle...

forumrunner_20120811_180016.jpg

Old 08-11-2012, 11:05 PM   #5562
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6573 Times on 3638 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post
River life.
Awesome. Where was that last one taken?

Old 08-11-2012, 11:06 PM   #5563

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Came to work and found this. At least it's just a little leak, practically a trickle...

Attachment 54188
Yikes. Where are you working now?

Old 08-11-2012, 11:14 PM   #5564

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater
River life.
How is the water level ? Down here in Memphis the riverboat is having to bus customers from Vicksburg to Memphis because of the one way river traffic due to low water. This time last year the river was 56' higher than now.

NEVER FORGET

Last edited by downsouth; 08-11-2012 at 11:20 PM.

Old 08-11-2012, 11:19 PM   #5565

West Monroe water plant. Supplying clean drinking water to the ungrateful masses. I've been called everything but a child of God today over that leak. Been called racist, a bigot, retard, stupid redneck, dumb ass, have gotten death threats, and had people telling me they weren't going to pay their water bill because of it.

Let's see... The pipe is as old as the city itself, one of the first to be put in the ground.

2 hours without water means you shouldn't pay for 30-31 days of service?

And... How the hell is it my fault? I didn't come out there and bust the pipe, I came out to turn the water off so the crew can fix it.

How does this make me racist? Because less than half the people in the neighborhood are black, and I didn't bust the damn pipe!

Idiots. I just laughed, and kept my hydrant wrench tucked into my belt everywhere I went. (alas, city won't let me pack)

Old 08-11-2012, 11:25 PM   #5566

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
West Monroe water plant. Supplying clean drinking water to the ungrateful masses. I've been called everything but a child of God today over that leak. Been called racist, a bigot, retard, stupid redneck, dumb ass, have gotten death threats, and had people telling me they weren't going to pay their water bill because of it.

Let's see... The pipe is as old as the city itself, one of the first to be put in the ground.

And... How the hell is it my fault? I didn't come out there and bust the pipe, I came out to turn the water off so the crew can fix it.

How does this make me racist? Because less than half the people in the neighborhood are black, and I didn't bust the damn pipe!

Idiots. I just laughed, and kept my hydrant wrench tucked into my belt everywhere I went. (alas, city won't let me pack)
Welcome to pubic service, (and yes I know how I spelled it). They don't give a thought about their services that are supplied without fail on a daily basis. Just let something happen like your situation and all hell breaks loose. Racist huh?

NEVER FORGET

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 08-11-2012, 11:41 PM   #5567

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post

Wow, that's horrible. I don't see any reason for that kind of behavior over two hours of water lost. Really? A racist? That makes no sense (neither does the other stuff, but this would be the thing that pisses me off the most).

As for the death threats, the people who made those are probably the lowest scum around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Welcome to pubic service
LMAO

Old 08-11-2012, 11:57 PM   #5568

Liked 2391 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker

Awesome. Where was that last one taken?
The first ones of the lock were at keokuk Iowa. The sunrise sunsets, I have no idea lol. The last few were davenport Iowa.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 08-11-2012, 11:59 PM   #5569

Liked 2391 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth

How is the water level ? Down here in Memphis the riverboat is having to bus customers from Vicksburg to Memphis because of the one way river traffic due to low water. This time last year the river was 56' higher than now.
On the upper Mississippi it's pretty low. The lower by you is horrible. Lots of boats running aground. Yes, last year was flood conditions and very high water. It's dangerous then and dangerous low haha.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 08-12-2012, 12:14 AM   #5570

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth

Welcome to pubic service, (and yes I know how I spelled it). They don't give a thought about their services that are supplied without fail on a daily basis. Just let something happen like your situation and all hell breaks loose. Racist huh?
All in all, great job. I just keep in mind that I'm the meanest mutherfu**** in the valley and on the street. I've got tricks too....

After dealing with this, I went to catch a water sample in the ghetto, right next to a crack house. Before heading out, I dressed up in rubber boots, yellow rain suit with hood up, and big black rubber gloves. Parked the truck down the street, donned my firefighter mask and air tank, strolled to the sample collection point, bent over, collected the sample, straightened up... Then I looked around like I was noticing the whores, drug dealers, crack heads, and crack babies for the first time... I screamed out, "OH MY GOD!!! WHAT ARE Y'ALL STILL DOING HERE?!?" and ran back to the truck. Apparently, that get up looks just like a hazmat suit to the uninitiated...
They scattered like roaches!