Post a photo you've taken. Any photo. - Page 427
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Post a photo you've taken. Any photo.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2012, 12:07 AM   #4261
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaido

I'm truly jealous that you own everything in this picture.....except the SKS.
I personally think they look better in their factory set up.
I have all my factory parts & all #s match from piston to stock. The pistol grip feels better to me as well as how barrel & receiver sits in the ATI stock. For me, its an overall better setup. Much more comfortable than factory setup. How it looks is last on my list. I'm more concerned of how well I can perform with it. Factory just wasn't for me.

Old 06-11-2012, 12:36 AM   #4262
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 357 Times on 229 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler51

Hey Kaido, what kind of regs and hoops do you guys have to jump through to own different guns? Is it pretty straightforward as far as handguns/rifles/pistols? Or do you have to register, store them locked, etc?

My cousin is married to a Canadian, and he about sh!t when I showed him my collection. Especially the ARs.

Just curious, I know they are becoming more lax than they used to be up there.
For long guns it isn't really all to bad. Shot guns (over a certain length) and hunting rifles don't need to be registered any more and so long as you have a firearms license (FAC/PAL)you can buy them with out a hassle and walk out the same day.

Handguns/pistols are a different game, same with anything that uses a similar trigger group to the AR's. To buy any of those, or a rifle under a certain length, you need your RPAL (Restricted Purchase Acquisition License). I'm pretty sure when you buy a restricted firearm here you have a couple day wait for the background checks an everything. In order to transport them to a place outside of your house you have to fill out paper work saying where it's going, you also HAVE to keep a restricted firearm at the registered owners house (unless going to range/store/gunsmith). You can only you restricted firearms at legally refinished ranges as well.

As for all firearms of any kind in Canada, we've got a country wide restriction on how many rounds can be in each magazine. For a semi-auto center fire rifle, max of 5 rounds per mag, 10 for a center fire hand gun and for rims fires, there's no limit on rounds per mag.......but that's only because a rimfire is to small to do anything lethal.
(sarcasm)

They also have to be either locked up or if on display, disabled in some way shape or form.

I'm probably for getting something, but that's the main laws.

Here's a picture of the non-restricted PAL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTX39

I have all my factory parts & all #s match from piston to stock. The pistol grip feels better to me as well as how barrel & receiver sits in the ATI stock. For me, its an overall better setup. Much more comfortable than factory setup. How it looks is last on my list. I'm more concerned of how well I can perform with it. Factory just wasn't for me.
Makes perfect sense. I haven't fired an SKS yet, but if things go well I'll own one sometime this year. I just like the look of them and the fact 7.62 soviet is a pretty in expensive caliber to have fun with.

Knowing me through, I'll probably end up with two.....one of which will be modded out and most likely in a different stock as well.
image-712367788.jpg  

Old 06-11-2012, 01:28 AM   #4263

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaido

For long guns it isn't really all to bad. Shot guns (over a certain length) and hunting rifles don't need to be registered any more and so long as you have a firearms license (FAC/PAL)you can buy them with out a hassle and walk out the same day.

Handguns/pistols are a different game, same with anything that uses a similar trigger group to the AR's. To buy any of those, or a rifle under a certain length, you need your RPAL (Restricted Purchase Acquisition License). I'm pretty sure when you buy a restricted firearm here you have a couple day wait for the background checks an everything. In order to transport them to a place outside of your house you have to fill out paper work saying where it's going, you also HAVE to keep a restricted firearm at the registered owners house (unless going to range/store/gunsmith). You can only you restricted firearms at legally refinished ranges as well.

As for all firearms of any kind in Canada, we've got a country wide restriction on how many rounds can be in each magazine. For a semi-auto center fire rifle, max of 5 rounds per mag, 10 for a center fire hand gun and for rims fires, there's no limit on rounds per mag.......but that's only because a rimfire is to small to do anything lethal.
(sarcasm)

They also have to be either locked up or if on display, disabled in some way shape or form.

I'm probably for getting something, but that's the main laws.

Here's a picture of the non-restricted PAL.

Makes perfect sense. I haven't fired an SKS yet, but if things go well I'll own one sometime this year. I just like the look of them and the fact 7.62 soviet is a pretty in expensive caliber to have fun with.

Knowing me through, I'll probably end up with two.....one of which will be modded out and most likely in a different stock as well.
WOW! You'd have to be a lawyer to remember all that. Man, I feel for ya. I'm considerably older than you, and you certainly couldn't do it now, but when I was in high school, during hunting season, we all drove around with shotguns hanging in the back window of our pickup trucks. To and from school, or whatever. Those days are long gone but other than the requisite background check, where I live now, buying most pistols rifles or shotguns is no different than buying a loaf of bread.

Old 06-11-2012, 01:55 AM   #4264
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 357 Times on 229 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler51

WOW! You'd have to be a lawyer to remember all that. Man, I feel for ya. I'm considerably older than you, and you certainly couldn't do it now, but when I was in high school, during hunting season, we all drove around with shotguns hanging in the back window of our pickup trucks. To and from school, or whatever. Those days are long gone but other than the requisite background check, where I live now, buying most pistols rifles or shotguns is no different than buying a loaf of bread.
Surfing hunting season and even surfing summer you still have guys show up to school with their rifles. Their just in a case that's locked/"locked" so that no one can really see or complain about them. It's a pretty small town here and everyone understands the fact that all the people close to my age (18) all go out shooting gophers after school and the ones who drive to and from their house out in the country seem to keep their rifles with them to knock off coyotes on their way to/from school. Hell, I've even left my rifle in the car between the center counsel and passenger seat while I ran into Wally World to grab another box of ammunition. Course it was covered with the doors locked though.

But surprisingly it's not to bad living here. You still get to own just about everything as far as semi-autos go. Your not allowed to own any F/A firearms unless they where grandfathered or you happened to buy them before that law came into effect. Same goes for suppressers, which I think is really dumb since it would save a lot of people from having hearing troubles later in life.

Old 06-11-2012, 02:40 AM   #4265

Liked 794 Times on 423 Posts
Likes Given: 50

I saw this it an eatery on a recent business trip and think I will get it printed and hung up in the break room

image-543899852.jpg

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

Old 06-11-2012, 02:46 AM   #4266

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I was at my local gun store today and saw this.... Had to take a picture and share.

forumrunner_20120610_204514.jpg

Old 06-11-2012, 02:53 AM   #4267
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1818 Times on 994 Posts

Target practice at my cousin's farm.

image-2374805756.jpg

Old 06-11-2012, 02:54 AM   #4268
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiguelAngel
I was at my local gun store today and saw this.... Had to take a picture and share.
Geesh. Reminds me of emails I get from my Dad....

Old 06-11-2012, 02:54 AM   #4269
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2919 Times on 1718 Posts

Does the hay really work?

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 06-11-2012, 02:56 AM   #4270
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13
Does the hay really work?
It slows it down. There's still a lot of space behind it that is open field. We shot everything except the 30-06.

Closed Thread