Post a photo you've taken. Any photo. - Page 41
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Post a photo you've taken. Any photo.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2010, 08:01 AM   #401
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
Umm, Zhuk did someone drop a nuke in your background?

Ha yeah, that thought occurred to me too

After all, it's not the first time something like that has allegedly happened:

Quote:
LATE on the evening of May 28, 1993, something shattered the calm of the Australian outback and radiated shock waves outward across hundreds of miles of scrub and desert. Around the same time, truck drivers crossing the region and gold prospectors camping nearby saw the dark sky illuminated by bright flashes, and they and other people heard the distant rumble of loud explosions.

The mysterious event might have been lost to history except for the interest of Government investigators in Australia and the United States who eventually came to wonder if the upheaval was the work of the Japanese doomsday cult accused of the poison-gas attack on Tokyo subways in 1995 that killed 12 people and hurt thousands.

The fear was that the terrorists had acquired nuclear arms or other weapons of mass destruction and had been testing them that night in the Australian wilds.

The hope was that the upheaval was an earthquake, a mining explosion or even a meteorite strike from space, any natural event.

The evidence was ominous. Investigators discovered that the cult, Aum Shinrikyo, had tried to buy Russian nuclear warheads and had set up an advanced laboratory on a 500,000-acre ranch in Australia near the puzzling upheaval. At the ranch, investigators found that the sect had been mining uranium, a main material for making atomic bombs.

The clues were judged worrisome enough to set in motion a wide scientific investigation that is still going on today.

''Many experts had dismissed the possibility of nukes'' in the hands of terrorists before the emergence of Aum Shinrikyo, Dr. Gregory van der Vink, head of the science investigation, said in an interview. ''But the group was into biological and chemical weapons and was attempting to acquire nuclear ones. I'm still amazed.''

Seismic Mystery in Australia - Quake, Meteor or Nuclear Blast? - NYTimes.com

Trouble is, its just crazy enough to be believable...I like Bill Byron's take>

"This is a country . . . so vast and empty that a band of amateur enthusiasts could conceivably set off the world's first nongovernmental atomic bomb on its mainland and almost four years would pass before anyone noticed."

But maybe a bit too obvious that close to Sydney lol

Illigitimi Non Carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yes, at WalMart, you can pick up a gun, ammo, ski mask and your antidepressants all in one trip. Darn convenient if you ask me...:D

Old 06-30-2010, 03:16 PM   #402

Likes Given: 17

Here's my boy Hans. He's 5 months old in this pic.

picture-058.jpg  

Old 07-02-2010, 04:11 AM   #403

Oil & Gas exploration S.E. Okla. last year. Drill baby Drill!!!

I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.
-Ayn Rand

Last edited by Gordo323; 12-27-2010 at 03:26 AM.

Old 07-04-2010, 06:31 AM   #404

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I went into the building where we keep our snow removal vehicles and found this. I want THIS for my BOV!

001-2-.jpg   002-2-.jpg   003-2-.jpg   004-2-.jpg  

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Old 07-04-2010, 06:37 AM   #405

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Here are some of the trucks I get to play in the snow with.

006.jpg   008.jpg   009-2-.jpg   010-2-.jpg   011.jpg  

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Old 07-04-2010, 09:09 AM   #406

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Club member's new Tikka Varmint

200m Teams balloon event - start from behind firing mound 3 rnds in hand, at signal run to unloaded gun, load mag, get em all fast as you can! Not so easy working the bolt when the adrenalin is way up, heh.

I got 2 Boom, lol.

Having a target react [for once] is immensely satisfying. Very fun.

Illigitimi Non Carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yes, at WalMart, you can pick up a gun, ammo, ski mask and your antidepressants all in one trip. Darn convenient if you ask me...:D

Old 07-04-2010, 12:35 PM   #407

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

pandamonium I hate Jersey but I can tell you one thing at least you boys up there know how to freekin plow a dam road. Down here they don't want hurt the roads so the leave 1" of snow on the roads then it gets ran over till it turns to a 1/2" sheet of ice. Then it takes weeks for them to get it plowed off.

Old 07-04-2010, 12:43 PM   #408

Liked 58 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhuk View Post
Coldest June for more than 60 years: -4*C in Sydney's west, 4* in the city.

Portland, west of Sydney
Looks like a scene from "The Road!"

Old 07-04-2010, 02:44 PM   #409
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
pandamonium I hate Jersey but I can tell you one thing at least you boys up there know how to freekin plow a dam road. Down here they don't want hurt the roads so the leave 1" of snow on the roads then it gets ran over till it turns to a 1/2" sheet of ice. Then it takes weeks for them to get it plowed off.
That sounds like how they do it here in NC. I don't know why they're scared to get the blade down on the freakin road.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 07-04-2010, 03:42 PM   #410
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 716 Times on 442 Posts
Likes Given: 1699

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordo323 View Post
Oil & Gas exploration S.E. Okla. last year. Drill baby Drill!!!
Gordo, which company you work for? My wife is in the O&G business too. PM if you don't want to say out loud.

Closed Thread