Post a photo you've taken. Any photo. - Page 390
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Post a photo you've taken. Any photo.


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2012, 07:39 PM   #3891
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Swervin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 373
Liked 123 Times on 75 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

Yes and no. They are both sports cars, but the charger is more of a family/sport. A more comparable match would be a fusion or 500, IF they had a sport tuned suspension and handling. The only way the mustang beats it is because its so light. If it were the size, and had the equipment of the charger, it wouldn't come close.
Now we are back to cadillac. The cts v will wipe the srt8 off the track or the dragstrip. Or pony class challenger still gets it's ass handed to it by the mustang. Any way you look at it mopar people are delusional, and dodge is behind in performance....
Swervin is offline  
 
Old 05-29-2012, 08:14 PM   #3892
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
MrWray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,428
Liked 1040 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by defender116

Like my tat
Isnt that a rock band ?
__________________
Semper paratus.....virtute et armis
MrWray is offline  
 
Old 05-29-2012, 08:19 PM   #3893
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kytowboater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 7,038
Liked 2414 Times on 1504 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray

Isnt that a rock band ?
Yep. Heavy rock too.
__________________
Oh dern....


Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
kytowboater is offline  
 
Old 05-29-2012, 08:20 PM   #3894
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
MrWray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,428
Liked 1040 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater

Yep. Heavy rock too.
He must REALLY like them
__________________
Semper paratus.....virtute et armis
MrWray is offline  
 
Old 05-29-2012, 08:23 PM   #3895
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swervin

Now we are back to cadillac. The cts v will wipe the srt8 off the track or the dragstrip. Or pony class challenger still gets it's ass handed to it by the mustang. Any way you look at it mopar people are delusional, and dodge is behind in performance....
Okay. You win.
trip286 is offline  
 
Old 05-29-2012, 08:43 PM   #3896
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Swervin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 373
Liked 123 Times on 75 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

Okay. You win.
Not saying they aren't fast, they are.... Just not the fastest... Except for the srt10 truck then you would have me there...
Swervin is offline  
 
Old 05-29-2012, 08:45 PM   #3897
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Chandler51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: somewhere in....,Oklahoma
Posts: 2,185
Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray

Its hard for me to get an accurate 0-60 time, its hard to hit the gas without it losing traction. Mine has the 5.7 Hemi "with a few mods"
Ditto w/my challenger. 245/45 ZR 20 Goodyear "F1 Supercar" tires. No chance of it hooking up in 1st. Matter of fact, it will "chirp" 3rd regularly and 4th on the right type of surface. I'd be suspect of any sub-6 second 0-60 claims for the 6 cyl cars, personally. The V8 Mustang GT's don't out pull me by much, and I easily outrun ALL of the big 3's 6 banger pony cars. Best I've done 0-60 is 6 flat. Not saying you can't find it written somewhere, just that I ain't buyin' it....
__________________
"Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." -- John Wayne
Chandler51 is offline  
 
Old 05-29-2012, 09:00 PM   #3898
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Chandler51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: somewhere in....,Oklahoma
Posts: 2,185
Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swervin

Now we are back to cadillac. The cts v will wipe the srt8 off the track or the dragstrip. Or pony class challenger still gets it's ass handed to it by the mustang. Any way you look at it mopar people are delusional, and dodge is behind in performance....
Not delusional, just more practical. I'm a "fairly large" ol boy, and the mustang for all it's performance....well let's just say that's all it had to offer when I was shopping. The Challenger is close to 1000 lbs heavier for a reason...most of the owners arent 19 yrs old, and therefore want more than just red-assed performance.

The difference in performance as a practical matter, is not quite as stark as you have described. Just as they have different mustangs, so too are there different levels of Mopar. My car for instance, goes beyond the optional 3.73:1, and instead has a 3.91:1 final. Add in the Tremec 6 speed (the very same as the mustang, IIRC), and all of a sudden the magazine specs don't mean squat. True, the mustangs still out run me, but they get pretty "wide eyed" when they don't, as you say, "hand my ass to me". And I have a real trunk and a real backseat.
__________________
"Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." -- John Wayne
Chandler51 is offline  
 
Old 05-29-2012, 09:07 PM   #3899
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
MrWray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,428
Liked 1040 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler51

Not delusional, just more practical. I'm a "fairly large" ol boy, and the mustang for all it's performance....well let's just say that's all it had to offer when I was shopping. The Challenger is close to 1000 lbs heavier for a reason...most of the owners arent 19 yrs old, and therefore want more than just red-assed performance.

The difference in performance as a practical matter, is not quite as stark as you have described. Just as they have different mustangs, so too are there different levels of Mopar. My car for instance, goes beyond the optional 3.73:1, and instead has a 3.91:1 final. Add in the Tremec 6 speed (the very same as the mustang, IIRC), and all of a sudden the magazine specs don't mean squat. True, the mustangs still out run me, but they get pretty "wide eyed" when they don't, as you say, "hand my ass to me". And I have a real trunk and a real backseat.
Thats like me, i had to make a compromise i wanted a fast car,but i also have 2 kids. The charger R/T was the best choice for what i wanted, a 4dr car with muscle and that had room for the family. It is fast though,and sounds good. Its turned quite a few heads
__________________
Semper paratus.....virtute et armis
MrWray is offline  
 
Old 05-29-2012, 09:10 PM   #3900
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Swervin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 373
Liked 123 Times on 75 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler51

Ditto w/my challenger. 245/45 ZR 20 Goodyear "F1 Supercar" tires. No chance of it hooking up in 1st. Matter of fact, it will "chirp" 3rd regularly and 4th on the right type of surface. I'd be suspect of any sub-6 second 0-60 claims for the 6 cyl cars, personally. The V8 Mustang GT's don't out pull me by much, and I easily outrun ALL of the big 3's 6 banger pony cars. Best I've done 0-60 is 6 flat. Not saying you can't find it written somewhere, just that I ain't buyin' it....
Buy better tires.... I couldn't even get 275 width tires to hook on my 93 cobra. Till the nitto nto1 drag radials were installed.
Swervin is offline  
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Photo op scares thousands in NYC skullcrusher Politics, Religion and Controversy 23 05-09-2009 06:22 PM
family photo... supergus The Club House 6 07-06-2008 09:34 PM
Family photo. BLS33 General Rifle Discussion 11 07-05-2007 12:11 AM



Newest Threads