Post a photo you've taken. Any photo. - Page 216
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Post a photo you've taken. Any photo.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2011, 03:11 PM   #2151
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 2

Camping in Colorado, set up camp at 5pm, 72 degrees and dry.......within 2 hours it was 9 degrees and snowing blanket sized snow flakes.......12 hours later it was still cold as hell and there was loads snow. The pictures of the tent are after I woke up, I wish I could have seen it before I shook all the snow off of it getting out. My buddy rode the storm out in a $30 Wallyworld 2-pole dome tent and 40 degree bag, It kept collapsing in the night and I could hear him bitching and shaking out the tent. when I woke up all I could see of his tent was a broken pole sticking up through the snow, he was sitting on a 50cal ammo can barefoot with his feet in the fire. He was drinking a starbucks coffee and my car was cleaned off......funny thing is the keys were still in my pocket and the car locked apparently some lady came by at sunrise and saw him barefoot in the snow drinking the only "food" we had left which was Pabst Blue Ribbon and offered to get him a coffee. She came back with the coffee, in a nice travel mug, and a broom so he could sweep off "his" car. He had a rough night, I was quite comfortable in my North Face 4 season tent my -15 degree mummy bag........We have since had many conversations about being prepared, but I dont think ive made any headway with him.

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” -HST

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile—and the rest of us are F###ed until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. We owe that to ourselves and our crippled self-image as something better than a nation of panicked sheep."-HST

Old 07-16-2011, 03:25 PM   #2152
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 38 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Pop, pop, bang....!

Old 07-16-2011, 03:30 PM   #2153

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGonzo11 View Post
Camping in Colorado, set up camp at 5pm, 72 degrees and dry.......within 2 hours it was 9 degrees and snowing blanket sized snow flakes.......12 hours later it was still cold as hell and there was loads snow. The pictures of the tent are after I woke up, I wish I could have seen it before I shook all the snow off of it getting out. My buddy rode the storm out in a $30 Wallyworld 2-pole dome tent and 40 degree bag, It kept collapsing in the night and I could hear him bitching and shaking out the tent. when I woke up all I could see of his tent was a broken pole sticking up through the snow, he was sitting on a 50cal ammo can barefoot with his feet in the fire. He was drinking a starbucks coffee and my car was cleaned off......funny thing is the keys were still in my pocket and the car locked apparently some lady came by at sunrise and saw him barefoot in the snow drinking the only "food" we had left which was Pabst Blue Ribbon and offered to get him a coffee. She came back with the coffee, in a nice travel mug, and a broom so he could sweep off "his" car. He had a rough night, I was quite comfortable in my North Face 4 season tent my -15 degree mummy bag........We have since had many conversations about being prepared, but I dont think ive made any headway with him.

This is my kind of camping. Love the snow.

Where in CO is this?

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 07-16-2011, 03:43 PM   #2154

Likes Given: 2

We were at Dillon reservoir, we were trying to drive farther out but that storm came up too quick so that was the nearest free campsite. My equipment consisted of my tent, my bag, a 50 cal ammo can with stakes, utensils, fire starting gear and an emergency survival kit. we bought two packs of firewood (about 12 split pieces of wood), 12 pk of PBR, a bottle of Jack Daniels, 2 bottles of water, a bag of chips and two 16 oz steaks on our way in. Best camping trip to date.

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” -HST

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile—and the rest of us are F###ed until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. We owe that to ourselves and our crippled self-image as something better than a nation of panicked sheep."-HST

Old 07-16-2011, 03:56 PM   #2155

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
We were at Dillon reservoir, we were trying to drive farther out but that storm came up too quick so that was the nearest free campsite. My equipment consisted of my tent, my bag, a 50 cal ammo can with stakes, utensils, fire starting gear and an emergency survival kit. we bought two packs of firewood (about 12 split pieces of wood), 12 pk of PBR, a bottle of Jack Daniels, 2 bottles of water, a bag of chips and two 16 oz steaks on our way in. Best camping trip to date.
Nice. I'm not familiar with that area, so will do some research.

Thanks!

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 07-16-2011, 05:16 PM   #2156

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Our cat Critter.

Roscoe would like to change her name to "snack".

critter1.jpg  

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

Old 07-16-2011, 05:51 PM   #2157

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger View Post
She's beautiful! I love Bassets.
Thanks, she is something else.

Integrity is doing good even when no-one is looking

Originally posted by Skullcrusher: "I believe the fact that you are LEO speaks for itself. When talking about strong women and guns, you are implied in every statement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Glass is proof that women have control over everything in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Glass has now achieved "Goddess Status" in my mind. I'm not worthy.....

Old 07-16-2011, 05:55 PM   #2158

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo da Plumbr View Post
Our cat Critter.

Roscoe would like to change her name to "snack".

I bet he would, yum, yum. How is your other pup doing since the surgery?

Integrity is doing good even when no-one is looking

Originally posted by Skullcrusher: "I believe the fact that you are LEO speaks for itself. When talking about strong women and guns, you are implied in every statement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Glass is proof that women have control over everything in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Glass has now achieved "Goddess Status" in my mind. I'm not worthy.....

Old 07-16-2011, 06:44 PM   #2159

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimKS View Post
Pop, pop, bang....!

That looks familiar, I shoot a few shows a year for a company from N.W. Indiana
Do you pre-load yor racks prior to set up? That looks like a hand fire show because I don't see any squibs on the fuses. We do a little of both electronic and hand fire depending on the size of the show.

For those that think you get a big rush from shooting guns you should try shooting professional fire works.....now that will get your blood flowing!

Old 07-16-2011, 07:03 PM   #2160

Quote:
My kind of people....you carry more booze than water!!

With enough JD you can purify water in your stomache!!

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American...(T)he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people." (Tench Coxe, Freeman's Journal, 20 Feb 1778)

Closed Thread