Post a photo you've taken. Any photo. - Page 1665
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Post a photo you've taken. Any photo.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2013, 05:35 AM   #16641
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 47 Times on 33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown_General_Roc
Glock Model 21 .45 ACP , Federal HST
Wow, the expansion on that round is incredible!
Old 09-10-2013, 05:51 AM   #16642
The only democracy and friend in the region
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 1731 Times on 960 Posts
Likes Given: 5280

Had to get rid of my renter. He continued to make unauthorized changes and continued to damage the house.

He thought I would like his work in the downstairs. I told him I wanted his work removed. He had sheet rocked over a couple of junction boxes, but this one takes the cake.

The connection was made without a junction box, and was behind his sheet rock. The wires were not twisted and only loosely wire nut'ed.

I am glad I didn't 'go with this one'

l1080319.jpg  
People Like This 
Old 09-10-2013, 06:51 AM   #16643
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6562 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG7IL View Post
Had to get rid of my renter. He continued to make unauthorized changes and continued to damage the house.

He thought I would like his work in the downstairs. I told him I wanted his work removed. He had sheet rocked over a couple of junction boxes, but this one takes the cake.

The connection was made without a junction box, and was behind his sheet rock. The wires were not twisted and only loosely wire nut'ed.

I am glad I didn't 'go with this one'
WTF? I don't know too much about being an electrician, but I can tell that's effed up!

What else did he screw up?
Old 09-10-2013, 10:31 AM   #16644

Liked 561 Times on 371 Posts

I am an Electrician and that is a fire hazard. You did the right thing.

Old 09-10-2013, 11:13 AM   #16645

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

When it comes to electricity, my work falls into two categories. If I know what I'm doing, which isn't often, I do it right. I treat electricity like a loaded gun with the safety off and my finger on the trigger. I'm scared of it. I've seen too many houses burn down due to redneck engineering projects, and I've been zapped too many times to disrespect it. The other category my work falls into? Calling a professional.

When it comes to homes and buildings, I'll almost ALWAYS call a professional. I can install outlets and light fixtures. But trouble shooting and repairs? No thank you. I can do many repairs, but I'm not going to. And I for damn sure am not making any changes to the overall layout of how the power's run.

I'll rewire a trailer (utility trailer) in a heart beat. Just did that last week.

Old 09-10-2013, 11:40 AM   #16646

Liked 561 Times on 371 Posts

I've been shocked more times than I can count. When I was an apprentive I was on top of a six foot step ladder and I got hit with 277 volts. My muscles locked up so tight I had to rock the ladder back and forth so I would fall off of it ..... 277 is by far the worst voltage for muscle contractions

Old 09-10-2013, 12:15 PM   #16647
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 751 Times on 502 Posts
Likes Given: 49

I hate hate hate electricity I got zapped by a baseboard working on my stepdads old house he assured me he turned off the breaker I snipped a wire with my cutters next thing I know I'm on the other side of the room shaking my mom comes running in says all she heard was "ZAP BANG AHHHHHHHH" the cutters I was using had a half inch hole blasted in em I also had to be tased multiple times for my instructor certs for NLWIC which sucked terribly

this message was sent using my Barrett 50 straight to your brain.

Old 09-10-2013, 12:24 PM   #16648
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 538 Times on 328 Posts
Likes Given: 215

Quote:
Originally Posted by REPS
what

What my daughter was afraid I had purchased to come visit her in Oklahoma with!
That would TOTALLY blend in in Oklahoma. In fact I think I have seen worse while in that state.

Practice doesn't make perfect, it make permanent.

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"

Old 09-10-2013, 12:26 PM   #16649
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1796 Times on 1094 Posts
Likes Given: 2027

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
When it comes to electricity, my work falls into two categories. If I know what I'm doing, which isn't often, I do it right. I treat electricity like a loaded gun with the safety off and my finger on the trigger. I'm scared of it. I've seen too many houses burn down due to redneck engineering projects, and I've been zapped too many times to disrespect it. The other category my work falls into? Calling a professional.

When it comes to homes and buildings, I'll almost ALWAYS call a professional. I can install outlets and light fixtures. But trouble shooting and repairs? No thank you. I can do many repairs, but I'm not going to. And I for damn sure am not making any changes to the overall layout of how the power's run.

I'll rewire a trailer (utility trailer) in a heart beat. Just did that last week.
What I know about electricity is this: Don't put these (holds up two trigger fingers) in the socket at the same time (or any other time) and everything else is the electrical guys problem.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 09-10-2013, 12:31 PM   #16650

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by fa35jsf View Post

That would TOTALLY blend in in Oklahoma. In fact I think I have seen worse while in that state.
There's a campground near mountain view Arkansas called sylamore creek. They have photo albums in their gift shop with pictures of wild homemade campers. I've seen one like this built on an old beetle.

Closed Thread